Joseph

[POLL] HCS Pro Player Feedback - Gametypes & Settings

Question 3: Should the automatic rifles be re-balanced in the Halo 5 sandbox? (AR, Storm Rifles,etc)

Yes: 15 votes (37.5%)

No: 25 votes (62.5%)

This sort of stuff is why we lost the grenade launcher and it's never coming back  :(

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can get the radar thing, I've seen a few pros argue why they're in favor of it. But the automatics result surprised me. I mean, come on, have you seen the storm rifle?!

Anyway, this thread should be about making the Breakout result known to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean it speaks volumes that it would be 90% in favor of removal with all of the pressure in the universe on them to answer in favor of Breakout due to having practiced it with a 2+ million dollar tournament soon. Puts how bad Breakout really is into perspective. 

I can get the radar thing, I've seen a few pros argue why they're in favor of it. But the automatics result surprised me. I mean, come on, have you seen the storm rifle?!

Anyway, this thread should be about making the Breakout result known to 343.

Yes, lets focus at one thing at a time..Breakout should go immediately. 

No way? Arena Breakout is quite ridiculous, I believe it shouldn't be in HCS - but regular Breakout would be nice to see. And the fact that people voted that the radar should be toggled on is beyond me... 

Radar is utterly terrible in any shape or form when it comes to halo. It has never been a staple in competitive halo, i'm utterly disgusted by the votes in support of it. It makes no sense. It's disappointing. 

edit: but yea...the focus is on breakout at the moment. It needs to go.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Seriously, 343 literally have no excuses now for keeping Breakout in the competitive settings. On the other hand, this may make them even more hesitant than they already were to make the base gameplay drastically more competitive by removing radar and rebalancing the sandbox.  :salt:

One thing to keep in mind is the sample size. 40 is a good number (10 teams), but 64-96 would be ideal in order to get a full picture of the competitive scene. Someone calculating the margin of error would be cool. 

Edit: It depends on how many people you consider to be in the population of professional halo players but from my rough calculation the MOE should be around 15%. 

So, Q1 would is about as clear as it gets. Q2 & Q3 could very well go either way. 

No chance 343 can deny the validity of Q1 though. It is a decisive "no" for breakout. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, these were SHITTY maps.

H3 added new maps pretty often. DLC maps and foundry forge map.

There were better maps available, but the only maps by individuals with connections like Fated Fire ever get forwarded.

Keep in mind that radar and automatic weapons lower the skill gap. Period.

If I was a mid tier to low tier pro, I'd want automatics in the game as well. I'd rather face royal 2 with a storm rifle rather than a pistol. I'd want anything in the game that lowers the skill gap so I could potentially win more money.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Keep in mind that radar and automatic weapons lower the skill gap. Period.

If I was a mid tier to low tier pro, I'd want automatics in the game as well. I'd rather face royal 2 with a storm rifle rather than a pistol. I'd want anything in the game that lowers the skill gap so I could potentially win more money.

These are exclusively top players that we polled.

• Upvote (+1) 3

These are exclusively top players that we polled.

You guys just had to go and get greedy with the questions didn't you? Why couldn't you have just left it at the Breakout question and left our bubble in peace?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Surprised 40% said yes to radar, tho i can see people wanting it to keep the game similar for pros/casuals. Breakout isn't fun to watch or play tho, i've tried to like it as both casual and in competitive sense...just ain't happening for me. 

Also sad sprint polls are a thing of the past, tho its unrealistic for this game anyways unless u shrunk the maps...or use like 150% speed lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyway to source this or verify that it's actually valid? I believe it 100%, but a lot of 343 fanboys are going to try and discredit it because there's no proof.

Keeping the radar and the weapon damage as is makes sense. Changing those changes everything about how you play the game. Removing Breakout completely changes nothing about the actual gameplay. I know this was primarily for pros but id love to see a poll for the rest of the community as well.

imo

Breakout - gone

Radar - gone

Automatic weapon damage - same.

Its interesting that no one finds anything wrong with grenade hit markers.

Question 2: Should radar be disabled in the Halo World Championship settings?

Yes: 16 votes (40%)

No: 24 votes (60%)

Question 3: Should the automatic rifles be re-balanced in the Halo 5 sandbox? (AR, Storm Rifles,etc)

Yes: 15 votes (37.5%)

No: 25 votes (62.5%)

100.gif

(RIP Breakout though, you wont be missed)

• Upvote (+1) 3