Sign in to follow this  
DRAC0N1K

Legendary Slayer..OK WTH

So I'm on the Waypoint forums and I see this post from ALittleMoa.

To clarify, Legendary Slayer isn't going to be a 'Classic' playlist, it is going to be a 'semi-competitive mix between Team Throwdown & Infinity Slayer' which makes use of the weapon tuning.

No one has ever stated the playlist will attempt to recreate Classic gameplay.

As for the release date for it, Bravo said a few days ago on the forums that information on Legendary Slayer is coming this month and that the playlist would also be introduced into Halo 4 this month too.

Mind telling me how this is any improvement to Halo 4? Infin Slayer is anything but competitive, and if theres no classic feel to it, it'll die off very quick. So why try to combine a casual playlist into a competitive playlist and attempt to make it semi-competitive? I had the impression this Legendary Slayer would be closer to Classic then Pro even...but fusing Team Throwdown with Infin feels like it's going to not even work at all.

Thoughts?

PS, I turned 25 today :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Happy Birthday and Happy Canada Day!

Um Throwdown with radar would be the perfect playlist... Now if Throwdown removes sprint so should this playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So I'm on the Waypoint forums and I see this post from ALittleMoa.

Mind telling me how this is any improvement to Halo 4? Infin Slayer is anything but competitive, and if theres no classic feel to it, it'll die off very quick. So why try to combine a casual playlist into a competitive playlist and attempt to make it semi-competitive? I had the impression this Legendary Slayer would be closer to Classic then Pro even...but fusing Team Throwdown with Infin feels like it's going to not even work at all.

Thoughts?

PS, I turned 25 today :)

My assumption is it will be the 5 Loadout selections with radar enabled and maybe nerfed POD's,

Thats just speculation. We don't know what Legendary Slayer will be (whether there will be no sprint or not).

I think a mix would be good, because we should be trying to encourage casual players who play infinity to get involved with competitive play, whether it be just playing in the playlists or watching tourneys (think of how many players don't know how exciting comp. Halo is to watch)

That being said, I personally think this new mix playlist should replace infinity slayer. Infinity slayer is just a bad slayer playlist, and Slayer Pro doesn't go far enough. The whole thing is confusing. We have these slayer gametypes now:

• Infinity Slayer (radar, ordnance, etc)
  • Slayer Pro (close to Throwdown, but without AA ordnance and with loadouts)
  • Throwdown V4
  • Legendary slayer?????

Too many variants. Too many playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• Infinity Slayer (radar, ordnance, etc)
  • Slayer Pro (close to Throwdown, but without AA ordnance and with loadouts)
  • Throwdown V4
  • Legendary slayer?????

Too many variants. Too many playlists.

Agreed, Slayer Pro should and will most likely take the boot, the idea to revamp it and mix it in with Infinity Slayer was incredibly stupid, especially now that you get 2/3 options that are Slayer Pro.

So that leaves us with 3 variants, it would be nice to see Infinity Slayer take the boot as well but considering it is 343s flagship playlist it most likely won't. Not unless Legendary Slayer steals a great majority of its player base.

Do you think this playlist will include objectives?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agreed, Slayer Pro should and will most likely take the boot, the idea to revamp it and mix it in with Infinity Slayer was incredibly stupid, especially now that you get 2/3 options that are Slayer Pro.

So that leaves us with 3 variants, it would be nice to see Infinity Slayer take the boot as well but considering it is 343s flagship playlist it most likely won't. Not unless Legendary Slayer steals a great majority of its player base.

Do you think this playlist will include objectives?

Doubtful seeing as the name is Legendary Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was hoping that legendary slayer was Throwdown, but with:

1. more disc maps like solace
  2. No sprint
  3. Only slayer, no objective

The main problem with throwdown is sprint, and that casuals like me get crushed in it. Hopefully this playlist can attract a sizable amount of players (~1500) and have a varied skill range