Sign in to follow this  
Gobias

Repopulate Halo 3 Day: 7/6/13

Title says it all. It would mean a lot to everyone if you popped in that disc for the day, or maybe downloaded it if you have a gold account but no disc. The thing that made Halo 3 truly great was the population. I'm not one of those people who thinks we should screw the newer games and head to the old one, but at least one day of decently populated playlists would make everyone's day. Who knows... If you find you're overcome with nostalgia and good memories, perhaps you'll stay. It'll be a fun day that will hopefully show that the Halo community is still alive, for that is truly what makes Halo Halo: The community. Bungie's, 343i's, ours. We can't do this without you... So hop on Halo 3 *Saturday* *July* *6th*, to have an epic time. Peace, and feel free to use this thread to arrange custom games or matchmaking play times. Enjoy :D

Don'T you think you should have announced something like this earlier? I mean it is already July 1st here lol.

Yeah if it would have been like everyone thought and Halo 3 went free it would have been amazing

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is Major Nelson Microsoft's loudest personality and he is being kept in the dark so much? After his stupid comment on the Xbox One and now, not knowing when H3 will be free or EVEN what game will be free July 1st... Kinda makes me wonder who is handling the PR for Major Nelson.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wow microsoft...seriously. even if they didnt plan for h3 on july 1st, just do it why do they have to keep failing with their fanbase lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

wow microsoft...seriously. even if they didnt plan for h3 on july 1st, just do it why do they have to keep failing with their fanbase lol

Well technically it was never planned for July. While they said both Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 are part of the program they said that they plan to release those among others in the next few months.

While yes they weren't clear with us later on, we didn't catch on to what they said. 

Why do people think that this game will get some huge population boom when this games free... 10 million copies have been sold. Most people who like halo 3 and want to play it, have it. Also... It's like 5 bucks used probably. If someone wants to get it and play it they will.

wants to repopulate a game....announces it 1 day before.

Bad guy beyond poster.

Why do people think that this game will get some huge population boom when this games free... 10 million copies have been sold. Most people who like halo 3 and want to play it, have it. Also... It's like 5 bucks used probably. If someone wants to get it and play it they will.

A lot of people don't have their discs still. Also, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who will download a free game, especially as it will only be free for that month alone.

A lot of people don't have their discs still. Also, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who will download a free game, especially as it will only be free for that month alone.

Look at Fable 3. The game jumped to #8 when it was free.

Look at Fable 3. The game jumped to #8 when it was free.

Exactly, plus Halo is a very well known game. I'm sure it will hit a big population spike for at least the first few days.

Exactly, plus Halo is a very well known game. I'm sure it will hit a big population spike for at least the first few days.

Now we just need to know when those first few days will be  :P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It sucks it won't be free yet, but this will raise my excitement for it while I wait. Might just buy all the DLC now and save it for later.

Screw Halo 3, that sluggish aiming, terrible shot registration, boosting/cheating game can die and never return for all I care.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Screw Halo 3, that sluggish aiming, terrible shot registration, boosting/cheating game can die and never return for all I care.

^

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update: I was misinformed; Repopulate Halo 3 Day is July 6th, not July 1st. Lol, it's not my fault (I have proof:)), but now you're extra prepared! Even if the game isn't downloadable by the sixth, you can still show support and have fun while you're at it! Hopefully sometime "starting in July" Halo 3 will have the stable population it and we deserve. I'll try to update the thread title.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Update: I was misinformed; Repopulate Halo 3 Day is July 6th, not July 1st. Lol, it's not my fault (I have proof:)), but now you're extra prepared! Even if the game isn't downloadable by the sixth, you can still show support and have fun while you're at it! Hopefully sometime "starting in July" Halo 3 will have the stable population it and we deserve. I'll try to update the thread title.

Source?

can u link where it says 6th

Major Nelson said that the next game will go free July 16th, after Defense Grid The Awakening, pretty sure it won't be the 6th. They are doing a horrible job countering PS+

I would totally be with you to play H3. I was raised in the Halo community by H3 but sadly I will be out of town in Florida with no Xbox Live connection :(. Can we have another reschedule for a H3 day? Maybe in August? H3 did a lot for the halo community and it should be celebrated every now and again. I would say lets celebrate reach but.. I kind of burned the disc... lol. 

We should focus community get togethers on halo 4. Not halo 3. We wanna get the new games back up. Yes jump on halo 3 for a few, but then just jump right back on halo 4. :walshy:

Just got done playing halo 3..... one of the most stressful games I think I have ever played.... :@