Sign in to follow this  
Bad Dub

Pro Scrim Tracking Site: Halo Data Hive

Halo Data Hive redesign has been rolled out to the live site. http://halodatahive.com/

Some screen caps. Let me know if anything is broken  :wutface:

- You you can now search for your own Gamertag in the search bar. Still very basic results though

- Tried to speed up pages, still can do more with this I think

jFtF72s.png

wnKF0c5.png

DJwpWCW.png
szBVL3r.png
Q3Cr3ER.png
XZqYAUZ.png
mszg3uR.png
C9DyFuC.png

Got the Fantasy Halo Team setup started. Hopefully I can get this done before the league starts, but its going to be hard to do with an MCP exam coming up.

I have no idea if im allowed to post this update in the HCS thread after the self ad warning was given out? (Minus the images) @CyReN

Anyways I spent ages trying to make the site faster but it was still slow so I decided it had to do with my host provider. I now purchased a cloud server and put the site on that. I can already see a MASSIVE difference and I hope the people that still use the site can too.

Here is a list of changes:

• Site way faster
  • Player twitch streams online activity is now displayed on the player list page. Also clickable
  • Scrim page is layed out differently so that the matches appear on the right side.
  • Scrim page now has a Summary View button that takes you to a scrim summary page.
  • Scrim Summary page has tons of stats for the scrim series.
  • Player pages have been striped (before they saved the data, now they just retrieve whats in the database)
  • Player pages have way more stats with some graphs. (Just noticed a bug with colouring the correct star, will fix tomorrow)
  • Compare player page is updated to show stats for scrim games only.
  • Team pages have got full update to include stats for the players as well as scrim results etc

Let me know what you guys think!

I still have to write some code that update scrims on the fly. Should be done soon too.

nSluoYE.png

s6TjG04.png

kIkslKt.png

ftHWMOB.png

I have progressively stepped away from following comp halo over the last year.  I unfollowed everyone in the scene on twitter (expect Halo, Quinn and Angel), I don't watch streams any longer and stop by TB every so often to get a quick snapshot of what is happening.  I still watch large chunks of big tournaments.  So as a result I never went to the Hive before today.

Just want to say that it is an amazing site! I was big into HC when it was around and for some reason never got it to HTR.  I've said this about FS and will say this about the Hive; 343 needs to get on board with what you are doing.  There are many people like me that love the analytics side of Halo.  How 343 doesn't have Halo Pro League site like the Hive is beyond me.  Maybe come Thursday one will pop up.

Hopefully you will have time to make a Pro League component to the Hive with things like

1. Schedule
  2. Standings
  3. Player movement/team change tracking
  4. Scrim schedule (would love to see something where teams submit an intended scrim schedule to the Hive so people can plan to tune it.  Right now I expect it is very ad hoc and announced via twitch and twitter)

Anyways just wanted to stop by and say great work and keep it up

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have progressively stepped away from following comp halo over the last year.  I unfollowed everyone in the scene on twitter (expect Halo, Quinn and Angel), I don't watch streams any longer and stop by TB every so often to get a quick snapshot of what is happening.  I still watch large chunks of big tournaments.  So as a result I never went to the Hive before today.

Just want to say that it is an amazing site! I was big into HC when it was around and for some reason never got it to HTR.  I've said this about FS and will say this about the Hive; 343 needs to get on board with what you are doing.  There are many people like me that love the analytics side of Halo.  How 343 doesn't have Halo Pro League site like the Hive is beyond me.  Maybe come Thursday one will pop up.

Hopefully you will have time to make a Pro League component to the Hive with things like

1. Schedule
  2. Standings
  3. Player movement/team change tracking
  4. Scrim schedule (would love to see something where teams submit an intended scrim schedule to the Hive so people can plan to tune it.  Right now I expect it is very ad hoc and announced via twitch and twitter)

Anyways just wanted to stop by and say great work and keep it up

Thank for the the compliment and checking out the site, really really means a lot!

Yeah I will definitely be integrating the league stuff, I have an exam coming up so I dunno how long it will take me to do so but its on top of the list.

I have some more ideas that after the exam hope to implement into the site.

Just wanted to say, good shit man. The community owes a great amount to people like you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wanted to say, good shit man. The community owes a great amount to people like you.

Thanks for the kind words dude  :walshy: