Sign in to follow this  
theanimalbro

Gateway

My friend and I worked on this map. It's NOT an arena style map. It looks alot like Narrows, meant for CTF and Team Slayer.

Two snipers on the map. and one rocket launcher.

Sniper every two minutes

Rockets every two minutes and thirty seconds.

post-1652-0-38047300-1372624142.jpg

post-1652-0-82417700-1372624202.jpg

post-1652-0-88343900-1372624239.jpg

post-1652-0-95881300-1372624294.jpg

post-1652-0-23350400-1372624315.jpg

post-1652-0-32675800-1372624331.jpg

post-1652-0-99076200-1372624353.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like a pretty solid liberal remake of Narrows. I say liberal remake as it's not an exact one, and that you took some liberties with the design to be able to keep certain aspects of the map true to the original map.

Looks like a pretty solid liberal remake of Narrows. I say liberal remake as it's not an exact one, and that you took some liberties with the design to be able to keep certain aspects of the map true to the original map.

We did, I didn't want to make an exact remake, because of how quickly exact remakes are being shut down. However, the game needs a map like Narrows or Pit. So we came up with this.

We did, I didn't want to make an exact remake, because of how quickly exact remakes are being shut down. However, the game needs a map like Narrows or Pit. So we came up with this.

Could have accomplished the same thing without it being so close to a remake... And addressed some of the flaws that Narrows suffered from at the same time.

Confined is already the best Narrows in Halo 4, idk why people are still trying to out do it...

• Downvote (-1) 6

Could have accomplished the same thing without it being so close to a remake... And addressed some of the flaws that Narrows suffered from at the same time.

We tried, and this is what we came up with, we won't know how it does until it goes through some testing. We thought it was what the game needed, so we tried our best. I think it could work out well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The new official version to this map is v1.1. I changed a couple spawns on the map that I felt needed to be changed. The most updated version can be found on my file share.

GT: s 2The artan

You really need to go crawl in a hole some where man...

I'm already in the depths of Hell, can't get much deeper then that...

arthur-brown-o.gif

• Downvote (-1) 1

My internet died out when it was put onto my fileshare. It's up there now, heres the link.
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/s%202the%20artan/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=38c86917-bbc3-4eff-9ccd-7b56edca3bee

I apologize if there was any confusion.

I also would like to credit my friend x Bmoney x for helping me with the map.

So far the map plays well. I haven't really needed to change anything. I'd like to get a couple more testing sessions in before I go on an editing run with my map.

What!? Why? Looked so good dude.

Everyone refuses to test it, and actually try on it. I don't mind criticism on the map, just no one seems to try...

Everyone refuses to test it, and actually try on it. I don't mind criticism on the map, just no one seems to try...

Join in our forge customs. It's hard to get games on a map when you only ask try-tards to play it.

we tested it in our customs... we each gave him a few suggestions/flaws and he came up with the idea to scrap it himself.

we tested it in our customs... we each gave him a few suggestions/flaws and he came up with the idea to scrap it himself.

Oh lord... Who gave suggestions or noted the flaws? Appeasing forgers is one of the most asinine things a designer could do... If I had actually given any heed to most of the forgers that gave me feedback on Orion, the map wouldn't have been anything like what it is now. Probably would be a steaming turd in all honesty...

After you had said "You're competing with Salot, and other map makers like SecretScnitzel that have made narrows remakes. Just move on and forget this project."

What you said word for word...

After you had said "You're competing with Salot, and other map makers like SecretScnitzel that have made narrows remakes. Just move on and forget this project."

What you said word for word...

I think you are getting me confused with someone else. the only thing I said was that some of your ramps were way too steep and there was a lot of clutter which impeded flow of the map. Either way, I don't need to explain myself. the map could use some work. what some of the people were implying would be to possibly scrap that design and move onto something new. I know it sucks to scrap a project because I have basically scrapped almost everything I have designed. oh and besides, when you come into a lobby and go straight into bashing all the maps that were played in redemption and strongside jr's testing lobby, including one of my maps and orion, what kind of reaction were you expecting?

Oh lord... Who gave suggestions or noted the flaws? Appeasing forgers is one of the most asinine things a designer could do... If I had actually given any heed to most of the forgers that gave me feedback on Orion, the map wouldn't have been anything like what it is now. Probably would be a steaming turd in all honesty...

I understand what you are saying but your theory is quite flawed. Any competetive players that host customs aren't going to stop what they are doing to test out some dudes random forge map unless it has went through the process of gaining popularity throughout the forging community.

I understand what you are saying but your theory is quite flawed. Any competetive players that host customs aren't going to stop what they are doing to test out some dudes random forge map unless it has went through the process of gaining popularity throughout the forging community.

Tell me how Orion was popular with the forge community again... Oh wait, it wasn't.

And here is another classic example of why I don't take most forgers serious.

I'm already in the depths of Hell, can't get much deeper then that...

arthur-brown-o.gif

Hehe, your so cute babe