CyReN

NHL Thread

I thought it was higher than that. Haven't looked in a long time

At this point I guess it really doesn't matter

But would've been nice to trade him when he looked more valuable after we got into the playoffs. Trade him and Ladd

Forget Pavelec, remember Laine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team USA roster is fucking comedy

You know what else is comedy? How impossible it is to google the rosters for Worlds; literally took for several minutes and clicking multiple links within links.

I thought the roster was good though.

You know what else is comedy? How impossible it is to google the rosters for Worlds; literally took for several minutes and clicking multiple links within links.

I thought the roster was good though.

Think Kessel should have been picked over Callahan and Faulk and Shattenkirk should have made it over Jack Johnson and Erik Johnson.

So the NHL might be experimenting with small ads on the shoulder of the World Cup jerseys. People on r/hockey and twitter already have their pitchforks out saying they'll never buy a jersey with a ad on it.

I honestly don't see the big deal as long as it's on the shoulder. You can hardly see it when you're wearing it most likely.

people that complain about ads on jerseys and are completely okay with being interrupted with commercials through out the game are kinda funny to me

I'd take commercial breaks over ads on jersey's.

I can't stand the look of jersey's covered in ads, looks like shit.

I always find it funny how willing people are to assume the NHL is just going to jump to straight to "European" standards in terms of advertisement placement. Teams in the Swiss NLA and Finnish SM-Liiga have so many ads on their sweaters because multiple smaller sponsors are the best way to keep the teams and league afloat. Hell, even some of the smaller soccer leagues in Europe go that route because they need more than a single major sponsor (I am ignoring all other kinds of sponsors here, by the way).

If the NHL eventually does go to ads on sweaters, it's going to be in inconspicuous places. Shoulders, lower back, helmets, pants. That's about it. Then there's always the assumption they won't sell ad-free sweaters. Why wouldn't they? It would help keep merchandise sales consistent and placate the fans as well. It won't be the end of the world.

We just broke a billion dollars as an industry, I don't think we need ads on the players, even if it's in small places, there's zero need for it. If our league was losing money at a rapid rate, then sure, I guess we'd need logos sprinkled in the players.

Ten dollars is still worth more than five. Good luck telling people who have spent their lives making money that they should pass on an opportunity to make even more of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really though, it's only ads. With how often NBC was cutting to commercials last night, idk what you'd expect from a money machine like the NHL to do? Or any sports league. 

How about last nights game though? Crazy! Martin Jones 44 freakin saves...

Happy for Phil, sad for Reimer and the Sharks, pumped for Matthews.

12 days.

That was such an exciting finals. Both teams were crazy fast. The Pens just shut the Sharks down completely. If you would have shown me the Pens defense and said they would win the cup, I'd laugh at you. 

Le Sigh, crybaby gets his name on the cup again and Kessel gets snubbed for MVP, although I doubt he cares at all right now.