CyReN

NHL Thread

That high stick by Nyquist was disgusting. That should be a lengthy ban

I was watching it live.  Totally uncalled for and is going to pull a hefty fine and suspension for sure.  The refs def. missed the call as it shoulda been at least a 5min. major and thrown out of the game.

What I don't understand is why no one took a shot at him during the remainder of the game either...  a few years ago in the NHL, Nyquist would be getting his face smashed in by some cement head.

I was watching it live. Totally uncalled for and is going to pull a hefty fine and suspension for sure. The refs def. missed the call as it shoulda been at least a 5min. major and thrown out of the game.

What I don't understand is why no one took a shot at him during the remainder of the game either... a few years ago in the NHL, Nyquist would be getting his face smashed in by some cement head.

Yeah I was surprised there was no retaliation. One of my biggest problems in the NHL right now is guys getting ran up on and having to fight after destroying someone with a clean open-ice hit. Players can't even land a huge, clean hit without having someone running right at them lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I highly doubt the NHL can survive another lockout, this news suggests they may be headed in that direction... pretty sad.

I wonder how many players are going to put their contracts in jeopardy to play in the Olympics.

I bet every other professional league is loving this, so much potential to see a lot of NHLs join other leagues if there is disciplinary action.

I highly doubt the NHL can survive another lockout, this news suggests they may be headed in that direction... pretty sad.

More like Bettman can't survive another one. He's been through two now. I think he would fold on his stance before he let that happen again.

Who ready for that playoff hockey tonight! Finally. :ace: Lets go Sens.

Playoff hockey is something else, so many evenly matched teams! That's what happens when you don't let the players rig the league like the NBA!

dude I just want the Leafs to win because I know a lot of you that still or used to post here when we played NHL 12 back in the day are big fans!!! 

I want the Caps to win, but if the Leafs advance I'm perfectly okay with them winning.

It doesn't really matter since either team will get smashed by Pittsburgh next round.

yea probably, I think it's Anaheims Cup to win this year if I had to pick a team right now.

I probably hate Pittsburgh more than any other franchise.  It all started when Mario denied my brother and I an autograph.  These days, Crosby is my least favorite player in the NHL.  I sincerly hope he gets concussed a few more times and retires.  

Oh and ah, fuck Jake Allen.  

Crosby is the best player in the game doe :simms:

He also happens to be the biggest fkn cry baby, pre-madonna of all time.