CyReN

NHL Thread

I hate the playoff format. They should just go back to 1v8, 2v7 etc.

Just messed up looking at Western conference. Honestly though with no Canadian teams....I don't care who wins. Good luck to all. Just waiting on next one already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate the playoff format. They should just go back to 1v8, 2v7 etc.

Agreed 100%. This new format blows.

Ed Snider passed away this morning. Glad he got to see God Bless America on Saturday against the Pens (via Facetime) and see the Flyers clinch the playoffs one last time.

RIP

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we ignored that random seeding format we would have this for Eastern Conference

Washington - Detroit

Pittsburgh - Philly

Florida - Tampa

Rangers - Islanders

Yeah no tougher/exciting matchups there. 

If we ignored that random seeding format we would have this for Eastern Conference

Washington - Detroit

Pittsburgh - Philly

Florida - Tampa

Rangers - Islanders

Yeah no tougher/exciting matchups there. 

That's an bit of an in-between though. Under the old system we'd have....

(1) WAS v PHI (8)

(2) FLA v TB (7)

(3) DET v NYI (6)

(4) PIT v NYR (5)

Two of four identical series and, funnily enough, a division winner with the fewest points of any playoff team (won only because there are no old-Northeast teams in the playoffs and they would have been in that division anyway) which plagued the 1v8 system in the days of the Southeast's futility.

It's not like the East doesn't have any stories too. Washington and Philly have had some heated matchups over the last couple years, NYI and Florida will finally answer the question as to which of these teams is actually capable of winning a playoff series, a rematch (albeit a hindered one) of last year's Tampa/Detroit series, and a classic series of closing windows between Pittsburgh and NYR. Seems pretty good, honestly. And if everything goes well enough, we could even see a Rangers/Islanders conference final which would be fantastic.

That's an bit of an in-between though. Under the old system we'd have....

(1) WAS v PHI (8)

(2) FLA v TB (7)

(3) DET v NYI (6)

(4) PIT v NYR (5)

Two of four identical series and, funnily enough, a division winner with the fewest points of any playoff team (won only because there are no old-Northeast teams in the playoffs and they would have been in that division anyway) which plagued the 1v8 system in the days of the Southeast's futility.

It's not like the East doesn't have any stories too. Washington and Philly have had some heated matchups over the last couple years, NYI and Florida will finally answer the question as to which of these teams is actually capable of winning a playoff series, a rematch (albeit a hindered one) of last year's Tampa/Detroit series, and a classic series of closing windows between Pittsburgh and NYR. Seems pretty good, honestly. And if everything goes well enough, we could even see a Rangers/Islanders conference final which would be fantastic.

My bad I copied a Mark Master's Tweet. My fault there. Still though, it is just strange to see 6v8 in the West. 

Either way my interest is a little diminished with the lack of Canadian teams but I wish them all good luck

My bad I copied a Mark Master's Tweet. My fault there. Still though, it is just strange to see 6v8 in the West. 

Either way my interest is a little diminished with the lack of Canadian teams but I wish them all good luck

That's fair.

I've spent too many of my developmental years watching everyone but the Leafs in the playoffs that a lack of Canadian team is no biggie to me. If anything, no Canadian teams just gives me fewer teams to cheer against this year.

Rielly and Kadri re-signed to 6-year contracts at 5M and 4.5M AAV respectively.

Lou is Jesus incarnate. I'm blown away, George! Blowowowowowowown!

Also, Federov has confirmed that Zaitsev is going to sign with the Leafs once his contract with CSKA expires, which just happens to be April 30th, the day of the lottery. Does hope always feel so beautiful?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rielly and Kadri re-signed to 6-year contracts at 5M and 4.5M AAV respectively.

Lou is Jesus incarnate. I'm blown away, George! Blowowowowowowown!

Also, Federov has confirmed that Zaitsev is going to sign with the Leafs once his contract with CSKA expires, which just happens to be April 30th, the day of the lottery. Does hope always feel so beautiful?

I love this management so much. I would do anything they say tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Blues get outshot 35-18 and score the only goal of the game off a puck that wasn't even put on net. Amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Blues get outshot 35-18 and score the only goal of the game off a puck that wasn't even put on net. Amazing.

Sounds like NHL 12 club game lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Games like that are why I never could root for a hockey team even as a Philly kid. The flyers and their fans are still stuck in 1975, could never bring myself to root for that garbage mentality.

Lol Hotlby has more points than G.

my computer almost ended up flying out my 10th floor window

• Upvote (+1) 2

I used to complain about refs a lot, I tried not to anymore but, shit, it becomes increasingly difficult not to say something about garbage calls.