Sign in to follow this  
Sitri

Halo 5 Gold Pro - Test 1 Settings Now Available

Gametypes are available from my file share: SitriStahl. A link to my profile is below my avatar.

Here's the write up from the Forgehub thread.

Another Halo game, another splinter competitive settings thread. In the past Halo games, there was always a set of competitive settings that often had a identity crisis...appeal to the competitive community, whilst also trying to appeal to the casual audience. In Halo 5, 343 tried to bridge the gap by having 1 universal group of settings. This has its benefits, but it certainly leaves a lot to be desired in terms of creating the most competitive settings possible. The game also plays 2 v 2 appallingly. This is where Gold Pro comes in.

Note that this is strictly a test version. We dont have much in official maps at the moment, but these are the base settings that we are pretty confident in at the moment, but that can always change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Features of Halo 5 GP

4SK Pistol - The Halo 5 sandbox suffers from a weak utility rifle. The pistol is too weak in comparison to autos and the easier to use rifles, as well as having a small clip size. Buffing the pistol to 4sk addresses these issues, lowering the kill time to roughly 1 second flat. Autos get a nerf since the pistol can now stand up to them, as well as the other power weapons.

Removal of abilities - Spartan Abilities in some instances have their positive uses, but overall they slow the game down due to their mainly defensive usage. Thrust/Sprint/GP/Hover are gone. Only clamber remains, for the purpose of allowing the settings to be used in default maps, but this is being looked at. Adopting the abilities will also be looked at.

Faster timers/Removal of weapon pads - Weapons pads on paper sound exciting, however they have their weakpoints which negatively affect a 2 v 2 sandbox. Too much ammo is a huge downfall, especially for the OP snipe. Instead, we have chosen static drop spawns, similar to CE. We dont have a 100% endorsed timer list yet. We will see how the sandbox plays out, but expect 3 minute timers to be rare/non existant in the GP sandbox. The giveaway of your position with weapon pads is another major drawback. We will keep looking into weapon pad/scripting to see how we can use them because of the in game timer and nade launching capability

Improved Strafe - Very obvious reasons for doing this.

Nades up to 4 max - To replicate the CE style sandbox, we put max nades upto four (except Splinters because OP). Nades are easier to dodge with the improved speed, and have had their power slightly reduced to compensate for the lack of thruster.

Reduced sandbox - Although we dont have official maps yet, we will be removing parts of the sandbox. The most notable one is the BR, which is an autoaim 3sk in these settings.

Radar Removed - Obvious reasons why.

Full base changes are in the 2nd post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the Gold Pro T1 slayer gametype from the gamertag SITRISTAHL

GP Team

Chef Linguini, Matclan, Sitristahl

Full base settings

Shield Percentage:70%
Health Percentage: 150%

Grenade Explosion Radius: 80%

Motion Sensor: Off

Thruster: Off
Ground Pound: Off
Stabilizer: Off

Forward Acceleration: 120
Strafe acceleration: 120

Sprint: Off

Starting Weapon: Magnum
Starting Secondary: None

Max Grenade Capacity(normal nades/plasmas):4 Splinter 2

Slayer death spawn - 5 seconds

Recommended power up timers (we will try create an official endorsed timers list in t2)

-Currently we think Rocks are fine on 2 minutes, as is a 1 clip snipe.
-We suggest a zero clip snipe on 90 seconds, as well as a 10 shot caster
-Camo seems to be fine on 90 seconds, OS we dont really want on 2 minutes because most of the other items are on 2 minutes too.
-LR on 60s is reccomended.
-SMG on a 1 max on the map to stop them becoming rampant.

How to create static timers

-Invisible block underneath the item, set the block's labels to not spawn in any game mode
-Set the respawn timer on the powerup to x - 2 seconds (x the desired timer)
-And set the respawn condition to "on disturb"
-Works for power ups too

Removed weapons (for now)

Binary
Fuel
iCannon
Beam
BR
DMR

Goals for the next version

-Scripting usage
-Set of custom tailored maps
-Official timer/weapon list
-Objective gametypes.

What a 4sk pistol can do (last 20 seconds)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xxcloud7xx/video/13797381

• Upvote (+1) 5

Question: is this designed to make the game 2v2 focused or does it also work based on the standard modern 4v4 format of Halo

The settings themselves are usable in either team format, but I prefer focusing on 2v2 when it comes to map design, weapon placement, etc. 343 already has the monopoly on 4v4 settings.

If you were wondering how to script static power-ups, I do it this way (All the values are very exact, thanks to 343):

1. Add a script > Set Condition to "On timer" > Set Initial Delay to "13.00" (This is due to the 13 second Intro cinematics) > Set Repeat Timer to how ever many seconds "60.00" for a minute respawn (this is the time interval the object will reappear at its set origin if gone) > Finally set Action to "Spawn"

2. Add a second script (doesn't matter what order they are made in) > [Do everything exactly the same up to the last step] > This time, set the Action to "Position/Rotation: Reset" > Leave velocity reset "Off" > Set Time to "0.00" (this is so the power-up resets at its specific spawn interval if displaced)

-In Halo CE, items would reset if displaced (If they got stuck, thrown off the map, or even just moved) which is what the second script is for. This is mostly useless since nading power-ups in H5 will cause it to move less than a meter at most, so it isn't necessary to add, but I include it regardless.

I hate the drop spawn system because it's not consistent and not very nice (though I haven't tried it in H5 yet), but I don't know any alternatives in the form of scripting at the moment, and this wouldn't work since weapons don't delete on pick like powerups... Btw thanks for using my downrush remake in your 4sk demo!

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you were wondering how to script static power-ups, I do it this way (All the values are very exact, thanks to 343):

1. Add a script > Set Condition to "On timer" > Set Initial Delay to "13.00" (This is due to the 13 second Intro cinematics) > Set Repeat Timer to how ever many seconds "60.00" for a minute respawn (this is the time interval the object will reappear at its set origin if gone) > Finally set Action to "Spawn"

2. Add a second script (doesn't matter what order they are made in) > [Do everything exactly the same up to the last step] > This time, set the Action to "Position/Rotation: Reset" > Leave velocity reset "Off" > Set Time to "0.00" (this is so the power-up resets at its specific spawn interval if displaced)

-In Halo CE, items would reset if displaced (If they got stuck, thrown off the map, or even just moved) which is what the second script is for. This is mostly useless since nading power-ups in H5 will cause it to move less than a meter at most, so it isn't necessary to add, but I include it regardless.

I hate the drop spawn system because it's not consistent and not very nice (though I haven't tried it in H5 yet), but I don't know any alternatives in the form of scripting at the moment, and this wouldn't work since weapons don't delete on pick like powerups... Btw thanks for using my downrush remake in your 4sk demo!

Thanks for the info. I attempted to get static spawns via scripting, but was never able to figure it out on my own.

Like the idea. Is there a reason you don't just go with the H2 BR for starting weapon though? Granted I much prefer a single shot weapon so I appreciate the testing that went into it to get it just right.

Like the idea. Is there a reason you don't just go with the H2 BR for starting weapon though? Granted I much prefer a single shot weapon so I appreciate the testing that went into it to get it just right.

The H2 BR is way too easy to use and thus less skillful, there is a video that compares the H5 BR with the H2 BR which demonstrates the big differences. Can't link it right now as I'm on mobile, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Also I believe it breaks the current settings.

Just going to say once people figure out how to use nades better, they will probably be really strong in this version. Dunno if that is a plus or not but without Thrust you buff nades a good amount

Thanks for the info. I attempted to get static spawns via scripting, but was never able to figure it out on my own.

Try this for non-weapon pad Tier 3 weapons, came up with it a little while ago, and I got a sniper to spawn every minute (0.25 seconds off exactly). Check out my Downrush remake in forge for an example. Basically its a dropspawning but delayed by 12-14 seconds to make up for the cinematics.

Try this for non-weapon pad Tier 3 weapons, came up with it a little while ago, and I got a sniper to spawn every minute (0.25 seconds off exactly). Check out my Downrush remake in forge for an example. Basically its a dropspawning but delayed by 12-14 seconds to make up for the cinematics.

I've actually been using a similar system that gets it exact. For mine, I have the block moving at 15 seconds, and I subtract 2 seconds from the weapon's spawn timer.