Sign in to follow this  
rodereve

Should there be an Anti-Quitter system in H5?

JiP was supposed to alleviate the problem caused by constant quitting, but why not strike at the root of the problem. Should there be harsher penalty for quitting out and leaving your team outnumbered, or an easy-to-access reputation system (going to the profile, and avoiding person is a hassle, it also does nothing since rep isnt easily visible)

JiP was supposed to alleviate the problem caused by constant quitting, but why not strike at the root of the problem. Should there be harsher penalty for quitting out and leaving your team outnumbered, or an easy-to-access reputation system (going to the profile, and avoiding person is a hassle, it also does nothing since rep isnt easily visible)

That's basically what the "experience" in Halo 3 did. Experience + in-game ranks gave people more incentive to continuing playing through a whole game. And you can get matchmaking banned PRETTY quickly in Halo 4 for quitting. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As well as fixing the backing out before the game starts glitch. So many people back out because people didn't get the map they voted for or they didn't pull host.

That's basically what the "experience" in Halo 3 did. Experience + in-game ranks gave people more incentive to continuing playing through a whole game. And you can get matchmaking banned PRETTY quickly in Halo 4 for quitting. Lol.

It takes up to 20 games to get banned. Per day. I can easily quit out of 15 games per day and then it'd probably be the time of day where I get off.

It takes up to 20 games to get banned. Per day. I can easily quit out of 15 games per day and then it'd probably be the time of day where I get off.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you got banned for quitting in Reach in less games than in H4. Probably because of the 10 mins ban as opposed to the one hour ban in 4, though.

You should be banned based on the concentration of your quits. I.E. If you quit out of say 30% or more (just throwing a number out) of your games in a short period of time then you should be banned from matchmaking on a sliding scale. The more times you receive this ban, the longer it will last.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should be banned based on the concentration of your quits. I.E. If you quit out of say 30% or more (just throwing a number out) of your games in a short period of time then you should be banned from matchmaking on a sliding scale. The more times you receive this ban, the longer it will last.

I like this idea. Also, 343 needs to implement the party chat feature that COD uses. Players should not be allowed to use Party Chat when playing certain playlists. Either plug your mic out or use it to communicate with your teammates...do the latter and stop being selfish then cry to your friends on xbl or forums about why you can't win games/rank up.

Weird, considering I've never quit more than 4 and have been MM banned more than once.

Reach system was perfect. If you complained about Reach quitting system then you where either one of the people who constantly quit out and you shouldn't even be playing in the first place...or your just a bad player that always got raped and you should be playing in different playlist.

Weird, considering I've never quit more than 4 and have been MM banned more than once.

Hmm that's weird. In Halo Reach that would happen to me but I have yet to get banned in Halo 4

Reach system was perfect. If you complained about Reach quitting system then you where either one of the people who constantly quit out and you shouldn't even be playing in the first place...or your just a bad player that always got raped and you should be playing in different playlist.

Didn't Reach give you a warning first? Warnings are nice. I like those.

Hmm that's weird. In Halo Reach that would happen to me but I have yet to get banned in Halo 4

I have awful luck. I wouldn't be surprised if the Halo Gods happened to frown upon me on that given day.

Or just a router that likes to disconnect you, happened to my friend quit a lot.

I don't think there should be a "quitting ban/timeout". However, in its place should be a differently penalty reminiscent of Halo 3. I would fucking love visible  trueskill to make a return in Halo 5 and with that said, if you quit out you go down. Sufficient enough penalty to stop people from quitting out because they tried hard to earn their rank.

-Inversion

The problem with quit penalties is it also affect the people who quit because there teammate quit.

Someone should not be punished because you do not want to be stat whored on for 10 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't Reach give you a warning first? Warnings are nice. I like those.

I have awful luck. I wouldn't be surprised if the Halo Gods happened to frown upon me on that given day.

The only reason why I quit half the time is because A. The connection is terrible or B. Team Mates leave me hanging.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree that ranks and levels gave incentive for ppl to stay in the game. Considering SR130 is so easy to get and ranks arent even visible, there isn't much incentive for the general population that just play for fun. Is it just me or are there more quitters in H4 compared to other halos, or am I just forgetting.

Or just a router that likes to disconnect you, happened to my friend quit a lot.

I don't think there should be a "quitting ban/timeout". However, in its place should be a differently penalty reminiscent of Halo 3. I would fucking love visible  trueskill to make a return in Halo 5 and with that said, if you quit out you go down. Sufficient enough penalty to stop people from quitting out because they tried hard to earn their rank.

-Inversion

That works too

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that ranks and levels gave incentive for ppl to stay in the game. Considering SR130 is so easy to get and ranks arent even visible, there isn't much incentive for the general population that just play for fun. Is it just me or are there more quitters in H4 compared to other halos, or am I just forgetting.

Definitely more quitters than H2/H3. I didn't play enough Reach to know how that worked with the whole "experience" system they had going on.

Everyone talks about how easy it is to get 130, and I'm still sitting here not even close. lololol.

I match up with too many kids who quit either on my team or the opposing team. Shit is ridiculous :bravo:

I agree. Something needs to be done about all the quitters. One way I think you could do it is not show host until the game actually started. People check host, see where they're from and then back out if host is in another country. Another way is to have a playlist ban. Say you quit out of 50% of games in TTD, you're banned in TTD until you play enough games in other playlists to equal the amount of games you quit out (maybe?)

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should add a system where it shows how many games someone has quit. For example, Tomb Raider has a quit tally count. If this is added to Halo 5 then I believe it would reduce the amount people quitting early. People are very stat oriented now days!

I don't want to be stat-whored, I don't want to play with teammates who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, and I most definitely don't want to play shitty gametypes.

Halo 3's system was good, take away a win in social, and if you're getting trashed in ranked and leave you should rank down because your opponents overall team was probably just better (remember this is a TEAM game, and lag won't be a big issue due to the dedicated servers).

tbh if Halo 5 has ranked and social playlists this is what I would like:

Social: no quit penalty, JIP on
Ranked: Automatic rank down, JIP off

How do you deal with derankers? Easy, make so they don't benefit by doing it, the system should be AS BARE BONES AS POSSIBLE. My system would be:

You win you rank up
You lose you rank down
If you're a 50 you obviously stay there if you win, you lose it when you lose.

NOTHING ELSE, everyone who has bad teammates one game is just gonna have to live with being ranked down, which tbh they shouldn't care because all they have to do is win the next game to get their ranking back.

I don't really know anybody that cared about that.

As well as fixing the backing out before the game starts glitch. So many people back out because people didn't get the map they voted for or they didn't pull host.

This needs to be kept in because most of the maps suck. I have no interest in playing Solace or Exile every other game. If the maps are actually good, then that's a different story

I don't really know anybody that cared about that.

A lot of people cared about their ingame ranks. That was the reason why the H3 MM experience beats HR and H4's. Hardly anyone quit out in H3 as opposed to Hr+H4.

When ingame ranks were removed from the Halo franchise, you begun to saw the start of gamers not caring anymore. 

This needs to be kept in because most of the maps suck. I have no interest in playing Solace or Exile every other game. If the maps are actually good, then that's a different story

Agreed, however this reason alone is why a lot of people have that "meh, who cares" attitude which leads to more people quitting out, a worse experience for both teams and a worse experience for the unfortunate player who got Jipped into the game.