Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Beyond Writers Recruitment Drive

It's been a while since we have added anyone to our staff, so with the site growing and us wanting to expand we are looking to add 1-2 writers to help contribute to our homepage for articles.

Requirements:

• You must not have been banned for more than one instance.

04949f75310a20f6954b8a5b4dfe934e26dfae9f

On a more serious note, nice to see some more writers being added to the team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You haven't been banned in 2+ years, send one in if interested. We will probably just make it a case by case kinda thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will the writing assignments pretty much be all news related? Or will there be some opinion pieces?

Opinion pieces are welcomed too, we prefer mostly to have news though.

What kind of availability is required? How many hours/week? What is the desired turn-around time for an article after it has been assigned?

What kind of availability is required? How many hours/week? What is the desired turn-around time for an article after it has been assigned?

Looking at like 3-5 articles a week, we have chats for writers for whoever can get it done first or has free time. Nothing crazy to strict.

Looking at like 3-5 articles a week, we have chats for writers for whoever can get it done first or has free time. Nothing crazy to strict.

I'm interested, I just don't know if I would have the availability (or meet the ban requirements). I will give it some consideration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm interested, I just don't know if I would have the availability (or meet the ban requirements). I will give it some consideration.

Please do, we can always work with you if it's times an issue too.

This sounds fascinating. I am not, however, 18+, nor will a high school schedule efficiently comply, if I had to guess.

Lol @ that sentence. I'm already practicing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am interested but I don't know if I can have the time to make sure I write high quality articles. Usually takes me a long time to make sure the sentences flow very well. :/

Is there a quota on "number and frequency of arguments with current moderators"?

cause id prolly pass with flying colors

:holmes:

How should samples be submitted?

I was the senior editor for ROOT Gaming's website and their most consistent writer for over a year, but since it's under maintenance for at least a month I cannot link to my finalized formatted news, op-ed, or interview articles from there and just have the text on document files.

Good luck to all who apply! This is a great opportunity to work with an awesome group of people.

:bomb:

How should samples be submitted?

I was the senior editor for ROOT Gaming's website and there most consistent writer for over a year, but since it's under maintenance for at least a month I cannot link to my finalized formatted news, op-ed, or interview articles from there and just have the text on document files.

I'd upload those to google doc and link them when submitting.

I have a degree in english literature and am roughly 3 years from my PhD...unfortunately for you, @@Moa 's insolence ruined my potential application.  Do you realize in the writing hierarchy of education, journalism is tier 0 aka for brainless drones?  I could have done great things for you.  I will forget all this and accept the position if you know who resigns effective immediately.  You have 1 week.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is this a paid position?

It's a trial period when first added that can eventually turn into paid position.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cyren, any idea when you guys will be trying to make a decision by?

Deadline for applicants is January 20th, so shortly thereafter. 

Your application sure was... dank...

• Upvote (+1) 2