VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

We as a community made a bold move to go BR start only, we should make the bold move and go no sprint. Remember all those players from waypoint voted that they hate sprint as well. Maybe that will motivate them even more to play throwdown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with all of that. That's why I think we need Legendary Slayer to bridge the gap between slayer and throwdown. Put Legendary Slayer out with NS, and just watch how popular the playlist becomes. Start with NS in throwdown, then put Legendary Slayer out. 

Agreed, but I'm not sure if 343 are intelligent enough to add NS in. If Bravo and Quinn are behind it then we have some hope.

I'll just quote an early post I made.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Halo 2 Anniversary come out with multiplayer just so 343 could "test the waters" and see if people would stick around to play old-style arena Halo? I genuinely feel like the masses know that they dislike recent Halo titles but they can't quite put my finger on it. It may not sell as well as a brand new title like Halo 5, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts that the population of a Halo 2 Anniversary with multiplayer would not decline nearly as fast as Halo 4's population.

Anyway, OP, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think part of Ghostayame's goal is to keep the playlist as competitive as possible without isolating it completely. To really make no-sprint Halo work some maps would need you to change player speed traits. As awesome as that is for the loyal competitive players, I think we're also intimidating new players from ever trying out some competitive Halo.

Agreed, but I'm not sure if 343 are intelligent enough to add NS in. If Bravo and Quinn are behind it then we have some hope.

I really hope they are. I'm just tired of all the talk about NS. I was hoping we would see a NS playlist by the end of this month, but the rate it's going, it looks like it will take several more months if not the rest of the year before it happens. 

Wouldn't it be awesome to see Halo 2 Anniversary come out with multiplayer just so 343 could "test the waters" and see if people would stick around to play old-style arena Halo? I genuinely feel like the masses know that they dislike recent Halo titles but they can't quite put my finger on it. It may not sell as well as a brand new title like Halo 5, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts that the population of a Halo 2 Anniversary with multiplayer would not decline nearly as fast as Halo 4's population.

Anyway, OP, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think part of Ghostayame's goal is to keep the playlist as competitive as possible without isolating it completely. To really make no-sprint Halo work some maps would need you to change player speed traits. As awesome as that is for the loyal competitive players, I think we're also intimidating new players from ever trying out some competitive Halo.

I would love a H2 Anniversary game, don't get me wrong, but that's the wrong way to go about this. Making H2 Anniversary would take too much time, and would be played and bought mostly out of nostalgia. 

I really hope they are. I'm just tired of all the talk about NS. I was hoping we would see a NS playlist by the end of this month, but the rate it's going, it looks like it will take several more months if not the rest of the year before it happens. 

I'm hoping they talk about it during their RTX panel this weekend. It is titled  “What’s Next: Halo 4 Summer 2013″ after all.

If you are curious about the support for sprint, just mention removing sprint in Ninja's chat. "Halo should evolve" "People should just adapt" "Halo shouldn't move backward" "Everyone has it, so it is still competitive" So frustrating.

Here's the thing: Casual players will not abandon the game if it does not have sprint. As long as there are fun settings and mechanics, casual players will keep playing (sprint or not. On the other hand, many competitive players (and even casuals who miss classic halo) will come back if sprint/descope is removed and good maps are added. By catering the basic mechanics of the game to the competitive community, 343 can appease that population while still maintaining casual support. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

If you are curious about the support for sprint, just mention removing sprint in Ninja's chat. "Halo should evolve" "People should just adapt" "Halo shouldn't move backward" "Everyone has it, so it is still competitive" So frustrating.

I think you're confusing Ninja's chat with Waypoint. If anyone says they like Sprint in Ninja's chat, they get verbally destroyed but if you like sprint in Waypoint, you're treated like a God.

I think you're confusing Ninja's chat with Waypoint. If anyone says they like Sprint in Ninja's chat, they get verbally destroyed but if you like sprint in Waypoint, you're treated like a God.

Those were actual quotes from 5 minutes ago when the topic came up. There were people who want sprint removed, but there were plenty (including Ninja's brother) who think sprint should be in the game.

Nah, they weren't saying they like sprint. They were just saying they don't think sprint is going anywhere. That was also Chris (Ninja's brother for those who don't know) talking about Halo not needing to go backwards. He was moreover talking about how Halo needs to improve on the core mechanics of the game, instead of just sticking with the Halo 3 mechanics. Not that NS and descope were bad. Just that people who are saying this game should become Halo 3 with new maps are wrong. Halo needs to stick with it's core mechanics (NS, descope, weapon timing) and improve upon them. Not just make the same game over again. Halo needs to stop trying to compete with CoD and become it's own game again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We can replace Adrift with my Complex variant. Ghost is going to take a look at it one of these days. :) Would work well with no sprint.

No Complex ever again, please lord. I'm sure your variant made it much better, but Complex is just a horrendous map in so so many ways

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the thing: Casual players will not abandon the game if it does not have sprint. As long as there are fun settings and mechanics, casual players will keep playing (sprint or not. On the other hand, many competitive players (and even casuals who miss classic halo) will come back if sprint/descope is removed and good maps are added. By catering the basic mechanics of the game to the competitive community, 343 can appease that population while still maintaining casual support. 

From what I understand from twitter - is that descope probably isnt an option, but apparently No sprint is.. idk im still in the middle on it.

This is 100% absolutely correct, but it should definitely be a playlist update. As others have said, BTB would be unplayable without sprint

Why is it that every time Quinn tweets recently, my hope for Halo dies a little bit?

This is 100% absolutely correct, but it should definitely be a playlist update. As others have said, BTB would be unplayable without sprint

From what I understand from twitter - is that descope probably isnt an option, but apparently No sprint is.. idk im still in the middle on it.

I was talking more about Halo 5. I agree, adding no-sprint to all H4 playlists would be a mistake. And if they can't do descope in H4, thats fine for now, as long as it is added for H5. 

No Complex ever again, please lord. I'm sure your variant made it much better, but Complex is just a horrendous map in so so many ways

The buildings themselves can be singled out. I took one single building, and made it into an arena styled map. Trust me it plays well and can be used. I needs tuned and tested as well as a good spawn system. I'll make a thread for it by the end of the week hopefully. Look out for Complex in the forge section :)

PS we need an on disc map to replace Adrift, and a Complex building is so much better than abandon objectice or monolith. My map variant of Complex is about the size of Skyline if it were a circle.

The buildings themselves can be singled out. I took one single building, and made it into an arena styled map. Trust me it plays well and can be used. I needs tuned and tested as well as a good spawn system. I'll make a thread for it by the end of the week hopefully. Look out for Complex in the forge section :)

PS we need an on disc map to replace Adrift, and a Complex building is so much better than abandon objectice or monolith.

Debatable, but I will withhold judgement until I try your map