VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

Sprint discussion on #HaloHour

As a direct response I think poor communication is causing a lot of the tensions / issues around this subject. The majority of the competitive community has made it clear numerous times at all levels (casual spectators through to top players) that they want Sprint removed for competitive play as soon as it can be done. It is undeniable that Ghost is our singular line of direct communication to the developer; he alone asks for and receives change on our behalf. With this in mind is our current position actively being pushed for?

"Eventually get a No Sprint test gametype" "It is something that can be looked into" "potentially get that and test it out",

The above quotes imply that a NS test gametype hasn't been asked for yet or that there are potential issues - is this truth or just poor communication? Either way it requires clarification as people aren't going to get anywhere near as frustrated if they know where they stand. Take the example of de-scoping where although the community didn't get a result it wanted, a fixed conclusion eased the frustration for many.

Ghost needs to explain where we currently stand so that people aren't pushing their energies aimlessly.

Agreed, it would be great if Ghost could shine some light on this topic ASAP. At the moment, people are still discussing sprint here but we're told that "it's more complicated than we think" or something along those lines. I would at least like a reasoning as to why No Sprint isn't a viable option as of yet. 

We need Adrift for split screen play. However Onyx CTF can basically be confirmed to replace Simplex CTF.

I don't think enough people realize that Adrift is needed for split screen, so thank you for re-stating. Also, it plays much muchhh better now that you do not need the flag home to score. I think it should remain in the rotation for v5 simply because it is a disc map that is very unique and can support competitive CTF fairly well

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think enough people realize that Adrift is needed for split screen, so thank you for re-stating. Also, it plays much muchhh better now that you do not need the flag home to score. I think it should remain in the rotation for v5 simply because it is a disc map that is very unique and can support competitive CTF fairly well

This

So it's Simplex Slayer and Onyx CTF? Or Onyx Slayer too?

We can only have one CTF and one slayer out of these two. Pointless to have both. My guess is yes, Simplex Slayer Onyx Flag

We can only have one CTF and one slayer out of these two. Pointless to have both. My guess is yes, Simplex Slayer Onyx Flag

I hope so. I don't like redundand maps and gametypes...

• Upvote (+1) 1

@^

120% movement speed

95% gravity

85% player model/ weapon model sizes

THANK YOU im not the only one who thinks spartans look like fucking ants on Simplex, spartans need to be bigger, good job bringing that up man

THANK YOU im not the only one who thinks spartans look like fucking ants on Simplex, spartans need to be bigger, good job bringing that up man

Normal player model size is 100%. 85% player model size would be smaller, not bigger, than default. Making the player models smaller makes aiming slightly more difficult and makes strafe much more responsive and crisp.

Flagnum zero bloom so it can compete with a BR

I disagree simply because pulling the flag should leave you at a slight disadvantage to other players because you have the objective. It shouldn't be a level playing field when you have the OBJ (just like extracting you can't shoot, but can melee with it, or when you're in the Hill, players know your position but you can still fight back).

Just like with OG flag running, you could be down a shot or 2 if running the flag but you could still recover by dropping the flag and using what ever weapon you have.

The flagnum is fine as it is IMO, it can destroy a BR user if all 5 shots are spammed and hit, albeit unlikely but it creates that desired risk-reward scenario.

Removing bloom from a precision weapon is always a good thing. Slow the rof if you want to keep the same balance that the Flagnum has now.

Aim assist reduction. I know it's getting even more unrealistic... :P

I disagree simply because pulling the flag should leave you at a slight disadvantage to other players because you have the objective. It shouldn't be a level playing field when you have the OBJ (just like extracting you can't shoot, but can melee with it, or when you're in the Hill, players know your position but you can still fight back).

Just like with OG flag running, you could be down a shot or 2 if running the flag but you could still recover by dropping the flag and using what ever weapon you have.

The flagnum is fine as it is IMO, it can destroy a BR user if all 5 shots are spammed and hit, albeit unlikely but it creates that desired risk-reward scenario.

ZB 6sk Flagnum.

Eliminating randomness is always good. Now you can get lucky spamming the Flagnum. :/

ZB 6sk Flagnum.

Eliminating randomness is always good. Now you can get lucky spamming the Flagnum. :/

True, but how likely do you think 343 would do this for us? Also, it would probably take 3 months for them to release it, lol. Not worth the effort IMO.

True, but how likely do you think 343 would do this for us? Also, it would probably take 3 months for them to release it, lol. Not worth the effort IMO.

0% likelihood. :P

Was just sayin' it would be cool. A man can dream...

Normal player model size is 100%. 85% player model size would be smaller, not bigger, than default. Making the player models smaller makes aiming slightly more difficult and makes strafe much more responsive and crisp.

Damnit!! I think theyre too small  but what ever well see

Do you think that there will ever be a fix for split screen forge map problems in Halo 4, or will we have to wait until Halo 5?

No. The only way to "fix" split screen issues in Halo 4 is to 

1. add a warm-up map to the circuit (eg Octagon) or

2. get 343 to create a new canvas with less texture and poly heavy blocks (we don't even know if this is possible; Forge Island recycled all of its blocks from the other canvases and put new colors on them).

1 is stupid and both 1 and 2 are highly unlikely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As Ghost said on the Halo Hour show yesterday, if AGL sells any more than 64 team passes, split screen has to be used and obviously we, as a community, are looking to gain more and more teams each event. At the moment, we're already at the 60-64 mark so I wouldn't be surprised if we had to play split screen at AGL 8/9.

doubtfull the venues they have cant handle more than 64 teams.

doubtfull the venues they have cant handle more than 64 teams.

I'm not sure about others but BFK is huge. It definitely can hold more than 64.

I'm not sure about others but BFK is huge. It definitely can hold more than 64.

I think it's about AGL's equipment if I'm not mistaken...