VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

Is this late 2011 again?

and will we do the right thing....again or wait too long like mlg did?

If I had a dollar for everytime I saw this gameplay...

you would be able to buy a no sprint option?

• Upvote (+1) 1

[...]

Ghost can you please comment on this topic? :)

What's are the issues with No Sprint for Throwdown V5?

Ghost can you please comment on this topic? :)

What's are the issues with No Sprint for Throwdown V5?

You'll hear about it soon.

It is clear that sprint works, i as well have played no sprint even on 110% settings on most maps, it was playable. Gravity needs that drop for better jumps. yes. And we should see more skil and setups rather than sloppy desperate sprints across map for weapons and sheilds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is clear that sprint works, i as well have played no sprint even on 110% settings on most maps, it was playable. Gravity needs that drop for better jumps. yes. And we should see more skil and setups rather than sloppy desperate sprints across map for weapons and sheilds.

120 or 125 Sprint is necessary for proper flow sadly.

110% jump height helps with making jumps.

Given that we have the option to remove sprint does the community think we should remove it from Team Throwdown with the upcoming iteration of V5?

I personally think if we remove sprint we should use 125% movement speed and 95% gravity to keep certain jumps on the maps working.

Vote to get our voices heard and discuss!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please also post on this thread to keep it on top so as many people as possible have the opportunity to see this and give their votes/input!

Also don't hate if someone has a different opinion. Be respectful and polite. ;)

I agree with you 100%. I think sprint doesn't belong in Halo but to keep some Jumps/shortcuts it should probably be adjusted to about 125% movement speed. Also if you could put in de-scoped that would be sick as well...

I agree with you 100%. I think sprint doesn't belong in Halo but to keep some Jumps/shortcuts it should probably be adjusted to about 125% movement speed. Also if you could put in de-scoped that would be sick as well...

125% movement speed and 95% gravity works like a charm. ;)

De-scoping is already confirmed to not come back in H4 unfortunately...

the fact that ghost visits this site daily and cant say one word about this on the site in the playlist he designs is baffling. Just be honest nah I want sprint does not matter to me 90 percent don't want it at least it deserves a comment. Its turning to killa kc style where we know hes reading but wont post anything when the community needs to be in communication the most right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the fact that ghost visits this site daily and cant say one word about this on the site in the playlist he designs is baffling. Just be honest nah I want sprint does not matter to me 90 percent don't want it at least it deserves a comment. Its turning to killa kc style where we know hes reading but wont post anything when the community needs to be in communication the most right now.

He's a busy guy with all sorts of things on his plate. He definitely browses every single thread and he uses Staff members on the forum like AboveInfinity to speak for him in certain situations. He puts polls and topics out for us all the time to get community feedback, he doesn't need to answer every single person who is like "Hey Ghost..." He'll make a statement about NS and v5 in due time, just be patient. The guy just released v4 a couple of weeks ago. Just comment what you want in the Sprint and Gametypes threads that we have going, know your voice will be heard, and he will say something eventually.

yea just put that will comment shortly. communication with community is key.

120 or 125 Sprint is necessary for proper flow sadly.

110% jump height helps with making jumps.

lol sorry, i meant to say NO SPRINT WORKS

So reading the title it is just for Throwdown? Not to debate about tourney stuff? how do pros would feel about changing it to no sprint? Big adapting?

I would like no sprint if the movement speed would be up( just because the maps are so big) but what would really piss me off is a dead button on the controller which does nothing, but I still am not able to change grenades if I have AAs to pick. 

So reading the title it is just for Throwdown? Not to debate about tourney stuff? how do pros would feel about changing it to no sprint? Big adapting?

I would like no sprint if the movement speed would be up( just because the maps are so big) but what would really piss me off is a dead button on the controller which does nothing, but I still am not able to change grenades if I have AAs to pick. 

Yes. It is the only playlist we have indirect influence over and it is even remotely realistic to expect no sprint. I'm pretty sure a lot of pros would be in favor of sprint and a faster movement speed as it creates an environment were you have to think smart about your positioning... Also the aiming skill gap at close to mid range would be increased by a bit with the increased speed.

The dead button is unfortunate didn't think about it before... :/

I'm all for No Sprint gameplay wise.

But lets think about this from a numbers/state of the community standpoint.

We have about 500-700 in TTD and total Halo stream numbers most nights top out at about 1-1.5k.

This is SUBSTANTIALLY bigger than it was just 4 months ago. We have maintained a steady increase in players and viewers ever since the release of the TTD playlist and this was with sprint (granted 4sk helped alot). We have come leaps and bounds with the current settings so why fix what isn't broken.

The question is: What if it backfires? What if, when new players come into TTD, they realize they have no sprint they think "this is dumb i can't sprint away from battles" (I have seen waypoint kids use this as an excuse for why sprint is good) and they leave and never come back? I am aware of the poll that Ghost put up but that was only 5k votes out of 35k players (and lets be honest... We stacked that vote lol).This big change from the vanilla gameplay could either help us alot or seriously hurt our growth (we might not lose players but we could dramatically slow our growth).

We also have to get the word out like crazy. People found out about the TU because 343i contributed alot to getting the word out. We probably wont have that luxury this time. I remember at the end of Reach i had a friend who quit early Reach. He decided to get back on one night and we played some MLG. He said he didnt know that MLG was NBNS and he loved it... This was nearly 6 months after the TU. I'm sure im not the only one who experienced this so we need to spread the word to all their friends who have quit Halo but still game.

Is the Competitive Halo Community stable enough to make a decision that could potentially back fire (numbers wise) causing us to lose alot of our momentum? Are we stable enough to make this gamble?

I voted yes because I know how much better the gameplay will be/ how many people SHOULD come back (if the word is spread good enough).

But somebody had to look at the potential risks and play Devil's Advocate.

I'm all for No Sprint gameplay wise.

But lets think about this from a numbers/state of the community standpoint.

We have about 500-700 in TTD and total Halo stream numbers most nights top out at about 1-1.5k.

This is SUBSTANTIALLY bigger than it was just 4 months ago. We have maintained a steady increase in players and viewers ever since the release of the TTD playlist and this was with sprint (granted 4sk helped alot). We have come leaps and bounds with the current settings so why fix what isn't broken.

The question is: What if it backfires? What if, when new players come into TTD, they realize they have no sprint they think "this is dumb i can't sprint away from battles" (I have seen waypoint kids use this as an excuse for why sprint is good) and they leave and never come back? I am aware of the poll that Ghost put up but that was only 5k votes out of 35k players (and lets be honest... We stacked that vote lol).This big change from the vanilla gameplay could either help us alot or seriously hurt our growth (we might not lose players but we could dramatically slow our growth).

We also have to get the word out like crazy. People found out about the TU because 343i contributed alot to getting the word out. We probably wont have that luxury this time. I remember at the end of Reach i had a friend who quit early Reach. He decided to get back on one night and we played some MLG. He said he didnt know that MLG was NBNS and he loved it... This was nearly 6 months after the TU. I'm sure im not the only one who experienced this so we need to spread the word to all their friends who have quit Halo but still game.

Is the Competitive Halo Community stable enough to make a decision that could potentially back fire (numbers wise) causing us to lose alot of our momentum? Are we stable enough to make this gamble?

I voted yes because I know how much better the gameplay will be/ how many people SHOULD come back (if the word is spread good enough).

But somebody had to look at the potential risks and play Devil's Advocate.

I hope you don´t Jinxed this one :walshy:

One a more serious note, I see your concern and it´s good someone thought about this (cause I didn´t). However I don´t think this will happen. As you said before, reach after NS was way better than before. The last MLG event with NS was the biggest in reach (correct me id I´m mistaken?).

I´m pretty sure the same would happen to H4 if we get NS.

Of course some kids will stop playing TTD, because they find it stupid that the can´t run away anymore (but be honest do you really wanna play those kids?). Meanwhile we will get new players (or more like old players back) because they missed NS in Halo and stopped playing it. It´s just that simple IMO. Some leave and some come back. There´s no way we will lose the majority of the Throwdown population whilst adding no sprint.

GH057ayame

Member Since 06 May 2013

Online Last Active Today, 04:48 PM

just say looking into it will comment when time is right!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Good, just another excuse to go no ordnance and give the Snipe 8 shots instead of 12 like it's been forever.

Someone forgot the 12 shot sniper in H3. 

To Ghost:
At this point I have only three questions:
1. Does taking out sprint require another title update from 343i?

2. Would we have enough fully functioning gametypes?
3. At this point I do not expect you to know exactly how you want to tweak the maps in regards to no sprint, but what is even more important to the non-competitive portion of the Halo community (70-80%) is: do you have an estimate on how much the base movement speed and gravity would be changed if 343i would be generous enough to provide us with no sprint.

PS: I am relatively new to the forums so please feel free to give me any constructive criticism.

If there is a NS playlist, then it will further the disconnect between the casual and competitive players. I'm still waiting for Legendary Slayer, which I hope will bring both sides together. 343 said at GDC that it would be a mix of TTD and IS. There needs to be a transitionary playlist. And I agree with some of the people above me; if NS actually happens, everyone needs to be shouting it everywhere. That means YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, forums... Anyplace you cn get people's attention. It would also be nice if 343 would release an update video, but they rarely take advantage of the +180,000 people subscribed to HaloWaypoint. A change as big as this needs preparation.

To Ghost:

At this point I have only three questions:

1. Does taking out sprint require another title update from 343i?

2. Would we have enough fully functioning gametypes?

3. At this point I do not expect you to know exactly how you want to tweak the maps in regards to no sprint, but what is even more important to the non-competitive portion of the Halo community (70-80%) is: do you have an estimate on how much the base movement speed and gravity would be changed if 343i would be generous enough to provide us with no sprint.

PS: I am relatively new to the forums so please feel free to give me any constructive criticism.

4sk wasnt a title update. it was a playlist update. I assume it would be the same, just editing the gametype, then replacing it. Just like 4sk update