VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

I'm all for NS but just food for thought...

Without descoping, and the removal of sprint, The already OP sniper is going to get a lot nastier

lol looks like I made you change your mind because you were all for sprint in that other v5 thread.

It's not all Ghost's decision, the devs have the final say of what goes into the playlist.

Ghost actually said a few weeks back that whatever he wanted in Throwdown, Quinn would basically just say yes, as long as it was logical and explained to him. The devs understand Throwdown is a "Community" playlist, hence being run by a Community member (Ghost).

Ghost actually said a few weeks back that whatever he wanted in Throwdown, Quinn would basically just say yes, as long as it was logical and explained to him. The devs understand Throwdown is a "Community" playlist, hence being run by a Community member (Ghost).

If Quinn pulls through and delivers then, well... I just don't know what I'll do in celebration.

If Quinn pulls through and delivers then, well... I just don't know what I'll do in celebration.

As long as Ghost gives him the green light, Quinn will do it. At least that's what I got from Ghost's tweets a few weeks back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as Ghost gives him the green light, Quinn will do it. At least that's what I got from Ghost's tweets a few weeks back.

Well, that gives me a chubby. Ghost and Quinn better not be cock teases now. :P

Well, that gives me a chubby. Ghost and Quinn better not be cock teases now. :P

Yeah, I'm really hoping for the best. If we get No Sprint into Throwdown, I bet it will attract a lot of players who don't usually play Throwdown and could potentially increase the competitive scene.

Not to mention, old pros will probably come back as well as other people who have quit because of Sprint.

I'm sorry to say you are mistaken.

and find the tweet you are referring to... I would like to see it.

I'm not going to trawl through Ghost's timeline for an hour. Hopefully he sees this and confirms. I don't know why I would lie about this, though. 

It's common sense, Throwdown is a Community playlist, Ghost also knows more about the Halo competitive scene than Quinn does. Furthermore, they don't exactly have hugely differing opinions on what Throwdown should be. Quinn has proved he knows his stuff, too.

I believe it was said during one of the live shows where Ghost was explaining why he didn't include sprint with V2 or V3.

I'm not going to trawl through Ghost's timeline for an hour. Hopefully he sees this and confirms. I don't know why I would lie about this, though. 

It's common sense, Throwdown is a Community playlist, Ghost also knows more about the Halo competitive scene than Quinn does. Furthermore, they don't exactly have hugely differing opinions on what Throwdown should be. Quinn has proved he knows his stuff, too.

Ghost is avoiding these threads for a reason. He is actually reading all of them, per my request. He just has to remain silent and I am trying to mediate what he wants to say, without saying something wrong. It's hard to explain. 

It's a community playlist, but 343 still owns the game and while Ghost has a hand on the gametypes and maps chosen, 343 has their hands on Ghost.

P.S. I don't accuse you of lying I just am trying to protect  :ghost: from hate.

I believe it was said during one of the live shows where Ghost was explaining why he didn't include sprint with V2 or V3.

Yeah, it could have been a First Strike live show, too.

Quinn definitely said he would give and has offered ghost no-sprint gametypes for throwdown. All he has to do is ask. Screen shots of both the twitter and twitch convo's were posted in the V4 discussion thread on here and Halocouncil. (I think there was even a thread made about it on here)

Found a pic - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLQOalhCAAAhy0J.jpg

edit - https://twitter.com/CoachMayyne/status/338911721865478145

Quinn definitely said he would give and has offered ghost no-sprint gametypes for throwdown. All he has to do is ask. Screen shots of both the twitter and twitch convo's were posted in the V4 discussion thread on here and Halocouncil. (I think there was even a thread made about it on here)

Found a pic - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLQOalhCAAAhy0J.jpg

edit - https://twitter.com/CoachMayyne/status/338911721865478145

Things have changed.

Things have changed.

Is there a way to fully explain the situation with no sugar coating?

I'd much rather see things cleared up with a reason than be in the dark and push for something that's not going to happen because of something we don't know about. ;)

EDIT: I have the utmost respect for Ghost and am sure his reasoning is well thought thru. I'm just curious what it is...

Things have changed

what has changed exactly?

I really don't want to see the potential of this ruined if we can't remove sprint.

No sprint and descope would make H4 a fantastic competitive game. I still don't see why they say adding descope is "impossible," especially with Microsoft no longer charging fees for game updates.

No sprint and descope would make H4 a fantastic competitive game. I still don't see why they say adding descope is "impossible," especially with Microsoft no longer charging fees for game updates.

It is because the resources - AKA programmers - aren't there at this time. Most of their staff is already working on the next project (Halo XBox One). Coding descoping in is simply not manageable and reasonable with the reaming staff for H4.

No Sprint on the other hand can be easily achieved from a technical perspective.

Im all about removing sprint but if they do that they then have to change the size of the map, for instance without sprint on Station 9 the way the spawns are you would never make it across the map in time to extract. 

Im all about removing sprint but if they do that they then have to change the size of the map, for instance without sprint on Station 9 the way the spawns are you would never make it across the map in time to extract. 

If the reason we are considering the removal of sprint is because of station 9, then, well, thats a battle in itself.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, we have guys who know what they're doing managing the settings, so I'm sure that if v5 was to drop sprint that they'd sort everything out.

Is there a way to fully explain the situation with no sugar coating?

I'd much rather see things cleared up with a reason than be in the dark and push for something that's not going to happen because of something we don't know about. ;)

EDIT: I have the utmost respect for Ghost and am sure his reasoning is well thought thru. I'm just curious what it is...

what has changed exactly?

I really don't want to see the potential of this ruined if we can't remove sprint.

To both of you. I want NS just as much as the next guy, but there is no one except for Ghost who can explain the issues with it. Maybe he will make a statement when he begins V5 testing.