VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

I think it's because of the irony in your statement without you even realizing it.

Maps are only big because of sprint. With faster movement speed without sprint you can achieve the same while being able to actually shoot while moving...

I'm not sure what you mean by irony but I'm not arguing against not having sprint, all I said was that I liked sprint, lol.  I would be fine either way.  I think my only problem about sprint is the time it takes for my crosshair to pop up after I get out of sprint but that can simply be changed via an animation tweak in future halo games.  I've managed to learn when to sprint and when to just go normal speed.  Call of duty players seem to have managed just fine with sprint in their game, granted it's a completely different type of game, but it's one that punishes you more for not getting out of sprint and getting your sights up.  I'm in the middle on this topic, I'm not really a die hard halo purist when it comes to multiplayer, I like some of the new thing implemented, but I understand the things that people take issue with.  

I'm not sure what you mean by irony but I'm not arguing against not having sprint, all I said was that I liked sprint, lol.  I would be fine either way.  I think my only problem about sprint is the time it takes for my crosshair to pop up after I get out of sprint but that can simply be changed via an animation tweak in future halo games.  I've managed to learn when to sprint and when to just go normal speed.  Call of duty players seem to have managed just fine with sprint in their game, granted it's a completely different type of game, but it's one that punishes you more for not getting out of sprint and getting your sights up.  I'm in the middle on this topic, I'm not really a die hard halo purist when it comes to multiplayer, I like some of the new thing implemented, but I understand the things that people take issue with.  

The irony is in you liking something that is not there because of sprint and is also apparent with smaller maps. ;) That's what I meant.

Its a completely different game that you just insinuated that because CoD has always used sprint(like practically every war shooter out there) and that it works fine as a risk and reward mechanic in that game and does not really effect gun battles because you can instantly ADS out of it and its probably objectively a positive for their style of game, that it would work in a completely different medium paced Arena-style shooter with more complicated  movement and battles with a fan-base that knows 100 percent why it does not belong.

Can you objectively say that sprint benefits Halo's style of play and map design? Can you objectively play H1-H3 and tell me Halo in any way needed sprint? I have not heard any legitimate argument for sprint in Halo unless you just like every shooter to be the same like alot of CoD kids are obviously accustomed to and want or their series would not be so popular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think halos 1-3 needed a movement speed boost. but before u fucks misunderstand me again i mean like 120% movement speed NOT sprint. a shooter that plays at medium pace should generally allow the player to shoot at all times as dynamically as possible, or else the game just slows down way too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i think halos 1-3 needed a movement speed boost. but before u fucks misunderstand me again i mean like 120% movement speed NOT sprint. a shooter that plays at medium pace should generally allow the player to shoot at all times as dynamically as possible, or else the game just slows down way too much.

Medium movement speed does NOT mean its any slower-paced than a shooter with sprint. I swear to god anyone who says Halo is slow-paced is a BTB player and has no idea what they are talking about.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 on the appropriate maps make HR and H4 look like slow-motion. The only one that might need a slight movement speed increase is H3, but that games movement is sluggish for different reasons than base movement speed.Go watch some H1 or H2 VoD if you want proof, Halo's movement is silky smooth, agile, and empowering to the player allowing the golden triangle to shine at all points during combat.and punishes the wrong move in a battle appropriately, no defaulting to fleeing from battle or escape crutch to fall back on.

The maps were able to be made to facilitate fast-pace play with limited "camping spots" and flanking through more creative methods such as teleporters, built in jumps on maps(Lockout, Prisoner, Warlock come to mind) and more of an importance on map control and weapon control which creates more choke-points to control and more reason for map movement.

Many of the 4v4 Halo trilogy maps are Arena style maps and MUCH more open and free-flowing allowing longer lines of sights and more angles to be used, its just a fact that a smaller more compact map has the opportunity for greater control from a player and spawn manipulation(Sanctuary, Prisoner, Warlock) than one that is spread-out and elongated making quickly switching angles and covering more ground increasingly difficult(ANY H4 disc map in comparison).

This is especially true when your enemy's movement cannot be predicted as effectively or his mistakes punished as easily with sprint giving him two variable speeds. Many times an over-sized map means more camping spots and more isolated battles making domination of a map more difficult thus lowering the skill gap and effectiveness of set-ups and teamwork. Have you seen anyone consistently set-up on a map in Halo 4? No, because that is simply not as effective of a strategy in a game where you cant manipulate the map's power positions and spawn system as effectively as past games.

As long as sprint stays in Halo, no progression can be made back to the real Halo and comp Halo will suffer. It is 100 percent WRONG for the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1