VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

At the same time according to ghost, taking out sprint might ruin our chances for a huge 343i 4v4 tournament because they aren't going to host a ns tournament. NS would be amazing but we've got to trust ghost.

They'd just make the tourney Infinity 4 v 4 with extra infinity anyways

• Upvote (+1) 1

I end up feeling like you just really do not need Sprint, and when you do not need a mechanic that has never functioned correctly in Halo it is best to remove it and go back to what truly worked for the series, gameplay,. Not only does Sprint have a bad habit of affecting how we end up making our Map Design's at the end of the day, including Developer's as well, it also promotes that run and gun mentality. The gameplay is not as fun to watch either for spectators due to Sprint and lack of Descope in Halo 4 being the biggest factors at this point in Halo 4's life.

In general all that is truly left for 343i to improve on in Halo 4 is Pistol Weapons, the Magnum, Boltshot mainly being the biggest concerns, and continuing to improve on the Precision Rifle's, mainly the BR's Spread issue. As far as the sandbox goes currently they have done quite a good job balancing weapons overall, there are still a few issues with certain weapons having Bloom however that I want to see fixed or have their Bloom removed.

The next step for 343 in my mind is to begin work on improving Forge to help us get some even more solid, easier on the eyes, callout's, Map Design's set up for Tournaments, Matchmaking, while also continuing to learn and improve as a Developer of Halo.

I hate sprint and wish it was gone BUT if we have to keep it for Halo 4, wouldn't it be better if it received an update in which you were only allowed to sprint if you had full shields. That way, you could sprint to certain areas to cut down the time travelling across the map but as soon as you are shot and waiting for your shields to recharge, you cannot sprint. This prevents people from sprinting away from their own bad positioning and also prevents people from sprinting to double pummel you.

I hate sprint and wish it was gone BUT if we have to keep it for Halo 4, wouldn't it be better if it received an update in which you were only allowed to sprint if you had full shields. That way, you could sprint to certain areas to cut down the time travelling across the map but as soon as you are shot and waiting for your shields to recharge, you cannot sprint. This prevents people from sprinting away from their own bad positioning and also prevents people from sprinting to double pummel you.

>

but the realism

This is a cool idea, but it gives even more incentive for random idiots to shoot you while you're sprinting for weapons off spawn. My teammate's closer to the Scorpion than me? Let me shoot him so he can't sprint.

but the realism

This is a cool idea, but it gives even more incentive for random idiots to shoot you while you're sprinting for weapons off spawn. My teammate's closer to the Scorpion than me? Let me shoot him so he can't sprint.

Meh, the pros of this outweigh the cons. There's nearly always going to be downsides to things, that's just life. 

Growth of the competitive community?

It's a backwards mentality that simply isn't true.

Apparently you guys didn't read my first post. I don't necessarily like sprint either, but the growth I was referring to was for the rumored 343 4v4 tournament. Turn our backs on the devs now, and we could either lose the tournament or play it with infinity settings or something. I'm offering a new perspective here since everyone is getting a little too excited over this possibility. And don't forget, we have over a year left in this game's lifespan; plenty of time to take out sprint if need be.

Apparently you guys didn't read my first post. I don't necessarily like sprint either, but he growth I was referring to was for the rumored 343 4v4 tournament. Turn our backs on the devs now, and we could either lose the tournament or play it with infinity settings or something. I'm offering a new perspective here since everyone is getting a little too excited over this possibility. And don't forget, we have over a year left in this games lifespan; plenty of time to take out sprint if need be.

But the later we take out sprint, the less time we have to enjoy it before we have to risk being forced to use sprint again for h5..

But the later we take out sprint, the less time we have to enjoy it before we have to risk being forced to use sprint again for h5..

I know it's a tough situation, but 343 is not deaf.  They know we don't want sprint already.  We used NS in Reach and they definitely knew that no one wanted it, and they still put it in Halo 4.  I want no sprint, I'm just not sure if it's the best thing to do right now.  If we could somehow get 343 to throw a NS 4v4 tournament, them I am 100% for taking it out.  It's hard, man.  Couldn't imagine being in Ghost's shoes right now.  The Halo community is vicious lol.

I edited the OP and somehow the poll got deleted. :(

For the record those were the numbers...

286 votes for No Sprint
36 votes for Sprint

286 votes for No Sprint

36 votes for Sprint

That's too close to call. I demand a recount.

Thread should have a poll like "On a scale of 1-5, how badly do you want official no sprint settings?"

5 - I no longer play Halo but will pick it up.

4 - I occasionally play, but will play more.

3 - I play regularly and don't see this affecting me.

2 - I play a lot and might play less.

1 - I will no longer play without sprint.

Spanish Community - No Sprint in Team Throwdown.

87 votes for No Sprint

63 for Sprint

http://strawpoll.me/153213/r

There's a joke there but... I don't even know what it is.

That's too close to call. I demand a recount.

Thread should have a poll like "On a scale of 1-5, how badly do you want official no sprint settings?"

5 - I no longer play Halo but will pick it up.

4 - I occasionally play, but will play more.

3 - I play regularly and don't see this affecting me.

2 - I play a lot and might play less.

1 - I will no longer play without sprint.

There's a joke there but... I don't even know what it is.

First, I personally want No-Sprint on Team Throwdown... the thing is, that the spanish community got in love with Sprint in the casual side.

Can't talk for all of 'em but the people who knows what is the best for halo (Youtubers with 50k subscribers and Competitive players) wants No-Sprint as well.

Oh by the way... 

Second, we just started the poll.

Third, Casual players, (A HUGE FUCKING AMOUNT) want sprint for the next Halo.

(POLL: SPRINT FOR NEXT HALO)

Yes: 765 votes

No: 63

http://strawpoll.me/151580/r

By the way! Those votes are a 100% true... I checked the poll yesterday and it was around that number.

286 votes for No Sprint

36 votes for Sprint

That's insane. But then again, my ultra-casual friend Chris was telling me on Facebook how he doesn't care either way about sprint, so I'm not surprised. I guess it's just one of those things that, until you start analyzing the game rather than just playing it as a hobby when you're bored, you don't really think a lot of.

Hell, half my friends who are interested in competitive Halo don't even read forums. They always ask me when they run into me what the latest 'Pro Halo' news is. For me to try and talk to those guys about stuff like sprint, they'd just say "Yeah, that makes sense."

That's insane. But then again, my ultra-casual friend Chris was telling me on Facebook how he doesn't care either way about sprint, so I'm not surprised. I guess it's just one of those things that, until you start analyzing the game rather than just playing it as a hobby when you're bored, you don't really think a lot of.

Hell, half my friends who are interested in competitive Halo don't even read forums. They always ask me when they run into me what the latest 'Pro Halo' news is. For me to try and talk to those guys about stuff like sprint, they'd just say "Yeah, that makes sense."

I guess so... but look in the bright side!

1515 people wants a Beta for the next Halo

1453 wants more classic maps for the next Halo

1281 In-Game ranks and ranks that works for the next Halo 

1212 Firefight for the next Halo

1108 More gametypes and more settings for each for the next Halo

513 Want competitive players (MLG Pros) to test the game before release

337 NO ORDNANCES for the next Halo

332 NO ARMOR ABILITIES

Me and a couple of youtubers asked to the spanish community What's a PRIORITY for them..

Around 8072 people voted. and 150 people voted for (NO-SPRINT) as last place in 10 options.

THE POLL IS IN HERE: http://strawpoll.me/148637/r

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess so... but look in the bright side!

1515 people wants a Beta for the next Halo

1453 wants more classic maps for the next Halo

1281 In-Game ranks and ranks that works for the next Halo 

1212 Firefight for the next Halo

1108 More gametypes and more settings for each for the next Halo

513 Want competitive players (MLG Pros) to test the game before release

337 NO ORDNANCES for the next Halo

332 NO ARMOR ABILITIES

Me and a couple of youtubers asked to the spanish community What's a PRIORITY for them..

Around 8072 people voted. and 150 people voted for (NO-SPRINT) as last place in 10 options.

THE POLL IS IN HERE: http://strawpoll.me/148637/r

WE, the hispanic/latin community are moving our asses to work together and share our feedback. Hopefully our feedback can be heard... Yes?

For those of you who watched the last Backtwobasics what do you think about what Ghostayame said in regards to sprint?

For those of you who watched the last Backtwobasics what do you think about what Ghostayame said in regards to sprint?

I disagree with not removing sprint in any way but I don't have the insight Ghost has so i don't fully understand his reasoning.

Also I'm concerned about Sprint and H5 but that's a different story...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree with not removing sprint in any way but I don't have the insight Ghost has so i don't fully understand his reasoning.

Also I'm concerned about Sprint and H5 but that's a different story...

Same here I feel that if we don't push for it now we won't get it later... :( On the other hand if I knew that Halo 5 was not going to have sprint I would be able to push through this game without so much as a complaint about it.

PS: I have this feeling that we haven't gotten our message across to 343 (at least not fully) about how much we hate sprint as a community. Especially when they present us with the option to take it out and we decline. I am just hoping the next game will have descoping without sprint. 

PSPS: On the bright side is anyone hoping for button combos like from Halo 2 :D ???

First, I personally want No-Sprint on Team Throwdown... the thing is, that the spanish community got in love with Sprint in the casual side.

Can't talk for all of 'em but the people who knows what is the best for halo (Youtubers with 50k subscribers and Competitive players) wants No-Sprint as well.

Oh by the way... 

Second, we just started the poll.

Third, Casual players, (A HUGE FUCKING AMOUNT) want sprint for the next Halo.

By the way! Those votes are a 100% true... I checked the poll yesterday and it was around that number.

286 votes for No Sprint

36 votes for Sprint

For the first time in my life I'm ashamed of being Spanish.    :wacko: WTF

For the first time in my life I'm ashamed of being Spanish.    :wacko: WTF

Feel ya! but unfortunately people wanna keep Sprint for casual/social playlists.