VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

1) v7 Reach is the most competitive setting that any Halo game has ever seen. Only issue was the incredible lack of disc maps that could be used for MLG

2) We simply want no sprint in the competitive playlist. Not the entire game. Just team throwdown. We've been pleading for it because we know it will increase competitive population, reduce randomness in gameplay, return Halo to its core (minus descope) and because we know that Ghost and the people at 343 have the capability to implement NS

Yea when I saw Pitfall the first thing I thought was 

"Thats gonna play like shit with Sprint"

I've been the biggest optimist in the world up to this point, but now that we have a non-forge map that works BEAUTIFULLY without sprint, NS should be a no-brainer. If I either

A) Have to play competitive settings on Pitfall with Sprint

or

B) Have to play competitive settings without Pitfall being in the rotation,

I might consider being done with Halo until H5. This is unless I see that flinch is still in H5, then I may be done with Halo altogether.

PLEASE, this is all Halo4 needs, an amazing rotation of maps with no Sprint, 4sk BR, IT ALL MAKES SENSE

EDIT: My option "b" turned into a smiley face, but you get my point

• Upvote (+1) 2

the pit we should be able to drop 2 forge game types and it was not scaled up so now we def need no sprint.

Split-Screen Game Types
Capture the Flag – the pit 
Capture the Flag – Skyline 
Team Slayer – Abandon 
Team Slayer – Haven
Team Slayer – Skyline 

Full-Screen Game Types
Capture the Flag – the pit
Capture the Flag – onyx 
Capture the Flag – Simplex 
Capture the Flag – Skyline 
Extraction – Haven 
Extraction – the pit
Team Slayer - the pit
Team Slayer - Haven
Team Slayer - Onyx
Team Slayer - Simplex
Team Slayer – Skyline

all those will play better without sprint without question.

Green Hall, Rocket Hall and OS? For EXT points that is.

But they use the 4v4 settings/maps for their 2v2 ladder.

I can't see extraction working for pit at all, may as well play KOTH if we were to use extraction, id say stick with CTF, maybe slayer as well

Do you think before you type? The ZBNS event was the best Reach event we had for the game, lol. Sprint makes the game worse. There are essays on the forum supporting my statement as to why Sprint has to go.

Did you see the Waypoint poll? Over 70% of Waypointers (who are mostly casuals) didn't want sprint or flinch in Halo.

We aren't wanting to copy Halo 3, Halo had no sprint in CE/2/3 and were hugely successful. Then look at Reach and H4, both had sprint and compare the numbers of those two games to CE/2 and 3. Both population ingame and tournament numbers were worse in Reach+H4.

ZBNS did not kill Reach. Reach killed Reach at launch when Bungie thought AA's, Sprint and Bloom were good ideas. ZBNS made the game playable in tournament settings.

As long as Sprint is in the game, the topic will NEVER die, I don't know how you can be so oblivious to the fact the majority of the community hate Sprint and want it gone. To the minority who actually like Sprint, I'm betting most of them are just used to the mechanic because they started during Reach/4.

Dude...No one use that posts on halo waypoint is casual... Just because they aren't "über competitive mlg/beyond/hc"... Doesn't mean they are casual... This is the problem with all these countless halo communities... There should be only one.

You ever hear the saying "too many cooks in the kitchen"??

That's the problem with halo.. All these tiny communities think they know what halo is and feel entitled.. Halo will fail without sprint.

You think zbns was godly? Ok I enjoyed it but what I think doesn't matter. So what if like 3k people streamed it and like that. Nadeshot who plays cod alone brings in more stream viewers nightly. Zbns while in the eyes of this community was awesome! The truth is...it wasn't very fun to watch. And truth be told it wasn't very fun to play. (From a a less competitive stand point) The numbers man...the numbers don't lie. Every halo pro combined at one tournament can't compete with one single cod pro.. It's sad.. You guys need to wake up. Get your head out of your asses and let go if old settings. Halo is on a come back right now and we need to ride the wave of settings we have.. Switching will kill it forever. You guys just don't get it I think.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Why is it that every time Quinn tweets recently, my hope for Halo dies a little bit?

Because you and a couple others only want halo 3.5

And nobody else wants that.

Zbns failed halo reach and killed halo on the circuit. All it did guys was rekindle some nostalgia... But it was bad for the game.

Nice trolling. 

Pit would only play extraction well if the points were on both Red/Blue plats and main bridge. How can you setup at green hall? It would just get odd and same with Rocket Hall. Adrift 2 plot proved this point all too well...

But, as everyone knows, CTF and Slayer play flawlessly.

Dude...No one use that posts on halo waypoint is casual... Just because they aren't "über competitive mlg/beyond/hc"... Doesn't mean they are casual... This is the problem with all these countless halo communities... There should be only one.

You ever hear the saying "too many cooks in the kitchen"??

That's the problem with halo.. All these tiny communities think they know what halo is and feel entitled.. Halo will fail without sprint.

You think zbns was godly? Ok I enjoyed it but what I think doesn't matter. So what if like 3k people streamed it and like that. Nadeshot who plays cod alone brings in more stream viewers nightly. Zbns while in the eyes of this community was awesome! The truth is...it wasn't very fun to watch. And truth be told it wasn't very fun to play. (From a a less competitive stand point) The numbers man...the numbers don't lie. Every halo pro combined at one tournament can't compete with one single cod pro.. It's sad.. You guys need to wake up. Get your head out of your asses and let go if old settings. Halo is on a come back right now and we need to ride the wave of settings we have.. Switching will kill it forever. You guys just don't get it I think.

This is my last post directed towards you because there's opinions on forums and then there's facts. You are in denial about said facts so I don't want to waste any more time trying to get through to you.

First off, don't bother comparing Call of Duty/Nadeshot to Halo. You're comparing apples and oranges. Halo 4 was the worst game we've had off launch and Blops2 was arguably the best CoD they've ever had off launch. Comparing stream numbers between Halo and CoD is pointless.

You said, "The truth is...it wasn't very fun to watch. And truth be told it wasn't very fun to play." That's completely wrong, where are you getting these numbers? Surveys? Polls? 

When ZBNS was added, it was MUCH more fun to play and MUCH more fun to watch, the numbers however say different but that is because it was left too little too late. A lot of the community disbanded Halo at Reach's launch or during Reach, not right at the end when ZBNS came out.

You also said, "Get your head out of your asses and let go if old settings". Why fix what isn't broken? Old settings seemed to bring in the biggest audience  both for casuals and competitives, as well as tournament numbers. 

Waypoint forums do have casuals. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, after all, they make up the majority of the population but have you ever spent a day on those forums? They are casuals, they are the definition of casuals and I'm sure if you asked anyone here, they would agree with me. So, even the people who play Flood and BTB Infinity Slayer and Action Sack, for the most part, prefer when Halo didn't have sprint or flinch. As you put it so well, "the numbers don't lie". No, no they don't. 70%.

I could dissect your entire post but I really don't have time for that, I'm not here to try and write a book. Please just understand we want Halo, old settings is what made Halo, Halo. There was never any complaining as to why CE/2/3 didn't have sprint or bloom or other random/broken mechanics.

Good day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because you and a couple others only want halo 3.5

And nobody else wants that.

I don't want Halo 3.5. I want Halo to go back to what made it great (descope, no sprint, weapon timing, arena based gameplay, small competitive maps) and build upon it. Not build upon Halo 4: CoD edition.

So, who's excited for 12 bullet snipers on Pit TS?

If the Pit gets in, we NEED to remove ordnance.

I refuse to play the Pit with sprint, 12 bullet snipe, and personal ordnances.

I'm sure Ghost and co are taking all this into account. I doubt they'll keep sprint in now that Pitfall has been announced, the snipes will be powerful but maybe will have longer respawn time to account for this and ordinances wont effect TTD

What's wrong with the personal ordinances in Throwdown at the moment? In my opinion, they're fairly balanced. They don't give too much of an advantage but they all have their niches and they can change the pace of the game if used correctly.

I agree about the Sniper bullets and Sprint, though.

What's wrong with the personal ordinances in Throwdown at the moment? In my opinion, they're fairly balanced. They don't give too much of an advantage but they all have their niches and they can change the pace of the game if used correctly.

I don't think you can change the spare clips in ordnance weapons.

I don't think you can change the spare clips in ordnance weapons.

Oh you mean global ordinance. You said personal so I was confused.

yeah, I agree about global ordinance.

POD is broken in concept. The fact that you can call stuff right to you from the sky is stupid.. Halo has always been about positioning to obtain power items and using them to gain map control.. this cannot be done with PODs... 

.... and ordinances wont effect TTD

What? You can't change any ordnance clip counts (global / personal) so whatever's in the default (aka 12 bullet snipes) will end up in Throwdown, unless for some reason we stop using ordnance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

POD is broken in concept. The fact that you can call stuff right to you from the sky is stupid.. Halo has always been about positioning to obtain power items and using them to gain map control.. this cannot be done with PODs... 

Agreed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ghost? pretty much all the players of team throwdown voted here lol. since only 200 are on right now.

ghost? pretty much all the players of team throwdown voted here lol. since only 200 are on right now.

It peaks at 500-600.

Haven, Abandon, Simplex, Onyx, Pitfall, and Skyline could all work with NS in my opinion. A 6 map rotation seems like enough for one playlist. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven, Abandon, Simplex, Onyx, Pitfall, and Skyline could all work with NS in my opinion. A 6 map rotation seems like enough for one playlist. Thoughts?

Can't have Simplex and Onyx, two midship clones wouldn't make sense.

Perhaps Vertigo and Orion would help.

Can't have Simplex and Onyx, two midship clones wouldn't make sense.

Perhaps Vertigo and Orion would help.

Orion Hill instead of Simplex Flag. Done.

Orion Hill instead of Simplex Flag. Done.

Ghost told me he's considering splitting the Onyx/Simplex combo for V5 to see what the community thinks (Simplex Slayer, Onyx Flag) but clearly Onyx is becoming more and more favored.

Ghost told me he's considering splitting the Onyx/Simplex combo for V5 to see what the community thinks (Simplex Slayer, Onyx Flag) but clearly Onyx is becoming more and more favored.

Any news on Fallout or Landfall? To my knowledge it didn't make it because of the frame-rate, yet it was "replaced" with a forge map (Onyx) which also has these problems... Am I missing something?

Simplex was made in the infancy stages of Halo 4 forge, now forgers have got better with the tools, more and more options have bettered simplex. Just have onyx.

• Upvote (+1) 1