VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

Given that we have the option to remove sprint does the community think we should remove it from Team Throwdown with one of the next iterations.

I personally think if we remove sprint we should use 125% movement speed and 95% gravity to keep certain jumps on the maps working.

Vote to get our voices heard and discuss!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please also post on this thread to keep it on top so as many people as possible have the opportunity to see this and give their votes/input!

Also don't hate if someone has a different opinion. Don't bash community members or developers. Be respectful and polite. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3

i would wager to say everyone that consistently plays throwdown would vote yes as well. I would also imagine you would see the return of a few more bigger name pros.

Just a little bit of a fact breakdown:

- We already know that NS works on several maps flawlessly and that Forge maps can be rescaled towards it. (As far as I know Adrift is the only one that´s broken).

- NS (along with ZB) was the best that happend to reach so why not do the same to Halo 4 but earlier so we can regrow our competitive numbers efficiently.

- With NS even more Pros would make a comeback and the possibility of MLG picking up Halo again get´s higher.

- Therefore we would have even more tournaments (MLG,AGL and UMG) which would lead towards more payouts and higher competiton.

- Maybe 343 sees the success of NS (once again) and decides to leave it out of Halo 5 (oh sorry Halo ONE :kappa: ) completly.

I really hope we get a early response from Ghost on this topic. I know that he is waiting for official gametypes but hasn´t Quinn already offered him one?

Let´s go and save Halo once more! :ghost: :quinn:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't even think Adrift will be broken to be honest...

I don't even think Adrift will be broken to be honest...

I have played adrift with no sprint on 125% it's still a journey to get to the other side.

Besides all the million reasons give for NS I have one more

I'm sick and tired of hitting A (I play Bumper/Jumper) :wacko:

Please, pretty please with cherry on top, NS

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have played adrift with no sprint on 125% it's still a journey to get to the other side.

Does it play badly?

Moreso than with 100% movement and sprint?

Generally speaking we should try to get as much of an unbiased look on it as possible IMO.

In the end if it doesn't work that's fine we don't need to force it in but try not to dismiss it early. Many people seem to dismiss it in advance without having played on it...

Does it play badly?

Moreso than with 100% movement and sprint?

Generally speaking we should try to get as much of an unbiased look on it as possible IMO.

In the end if it doesn't work that's fine we don't need to force it in but try not to dismiss it early. Many people seem to dismiss it in advance without having played on it...

I like adrift with sprint! but not without. Every other map in the rotation I like more without sprint.also, Orion ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No Sprint gives me a chubby. I'm not strictly opposed to sprint, as I do believe that when properly implemented and with the right scaling and design for maps, it can work rather well.... But no matter what, it'll always be inferrior to No Sprint.

As far as NS Adrift... Place two 1-minute timer Speed Boosts on the map maybe?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm all for NS but just food for thought...

Without descoping, and the removal of sprint, The already OP sniper is going to get a lot nastier

• Upvote (+1) 8

Without descoping, and the removal of sprint, The already OP sniper is going to get a lot nastier

Good, just another excuse to go no ordnance and give the Snipe 8 shots instead of 12 like it's been forever.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You think so? What about the increased movement speed?

Maybe at long range when you cannot derp sprint between cover. Close range you can outstrafe somebody trying to noscope you more easily than now.

What happened to the vote? I could have sworn I checked it about a month ago and there were around 4-5k total votes?

conspiracy-640_s640x427.jpg?73b8e2168589

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really hope Ghost takes this poll and the one on waypoint into serious consideration. I'm sure I speak for most, if not all, of the competitive community when I say that we are more than willing to provide feedback on anything (maps/game types/weapon placement, etc.) and we will be patient if certain changes require more time to implement. We simply ask that our voices are heard because removing sprint could give H4 the very last push it needs to be a very very good competitive game (besides descope of course, but that can wait till H5 if need be  :P )

It's not all Ghost's decision, the devs have the final say of what goes into the playlist.

It's not all Ghost's decision, the devs have the final say of what goes into the playlist.

True, But quinn told me and Coachmayne that he could give throwdown no sprint and ghost said no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was just playing halo 3 last night and enjoyed everyone not just easily sprinting away when they were in trouble. As long as the movement speed doesn't suck, halo is much better without sprint.

I would like to point out that regardless of whether Ghost/Quinn wants Sprint in Throwdown or not, Quinn has not provided Ghost with any NS testing gametypes. 

Now, personally, I know Ghost believes in the true Halo formula and would do his best to not disappoint us, but if there is not an equal amount of dev and community support, solutions will never be made.

We don't know if we'll ever even receive said gametypes, and we certainly have to test them before applying the new mechanics.

I would like to point out that regardless of whether Ghost/Quinn wants Sprint in Throwdown or not, Quinn has not provided Ghost with any NS testing gametypes.

Now, personally, I know Ghost believes in the true Halo formula and would do his best to not disappoint us, but if there is not an equal amount of dev and community support, solutions will never be made.

We don't know if we'll ever even receive said gametypes, and we certainly have to test them before applying the new mechanics.

Either way the goal here is to point out the competitive communities desire. Quinn will hopefully be seing this and base a decition off of it.

No Sprint would be lovely for v5. I wish this game was more vanilla but doing what's best for competitive Halo is what needs to happen. I really hope Halo 5 can bridge the gap between casuals and competitive players so we're one big community again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2