VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

I think it's about AGL's equipment if I'm not mistaken...

They had enough equipment to hold 120+ teams I believe when they first announced AGL 7 but not enough teams bought passes because the community isn't that big yet.

They had enough equipment to hold 120+ teams I believe when they first announced AGL 7 but not enough teams bought passes because the community isn't that big yet.

OK. Didn't know that. Thanks! :)

lolwut? I barely touched h3, but I don't remember it being 12 shots..

It was, but the tradeoff is that the H3 sniper was much harder to use than H2's, Reach's and especially 4's.

I understand the argument behind NS being gamewide against throwdown only, but I can't see 343 taking that big of a risk. If the only option is NS in Throwdown or not getting NS at all, I would take Throwdown only in a heartbeat. Even if that means segmenting the competitive community more. A NS game type would be great, even if it is just to test it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly can't see 343i removing sprint across the board in the next Halo title. The majority of more relatively casual players love sprint.

@Saucey - If the next title continues to have sprint as default, would you suggest that we stick with sprint?

IMO, they should scrap sprint again for TD settings because at this point in this game's life, people aren't going to suddenly want to play competitive Halo 4 -  if they aren't already. But there are some players who may come back, or be more receptive, to no sprint.

I honestly can't see 343i removing sprint across the board in the next Halo title. The majority of more relatively casual players love sprint.

@Saucey - If the next title continues to have sprint as default, would you suggest that we stick with sprint?

IMO, they should scrap sprint again for TD settings because at this point in this game's life, people aren't going to suddenly want to play competitive Halo 4 -  if they aren't already. But there are some players who may come back, or be more receptive, to no sprint.

Actually, the poll that Ghost did on Halo Waypoint showed even casual players don't like sprint. Not saying that an online poll is going to be 100% accurate, but the results were still a lot different than what the community expected. I think NS for any competitive playlist should be implemented in every future Halo.

Actually, the poll that Ghost did on Halo Waypoint showed even casual players don't like sprint. Not saying that an online poll is going to be 100% accurate, but the results were still a lot different than what the community expected. I think NS for any competitive playlist should be implemented in every future Halo.

That poll was sort of flawed. A general poll on Halo Waypoint will rarely get hundreds of votes. If I remember correctly, this one had over a thousand just in favor of No Sprint/ removing flinch. That poll was plugged by many people in the competitive community and the voting was skewed in favor of what they wanted. Don't get me wrong, I HATE sprint. But if you just go around asking the people you would encounter in Infinity BTB or Infinity Slayer (which is sadly the majority of the population right now), they will almost always say they want sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be cool to see NS spread through out Halo 4 but I don't think 343i would want to risk anything. We should test it out in Throwdown though! If somehow Throwdown can gain a lot of popularity maybe 343i will understand that people love Halo when it's simple and not filled with garbage.

just do no sprint. at this point we have a better chance of bringing the older audience than trying to convince more casuals to get into competitive side of Halo.

also don't think adrift flag will be too big for no sprint. Increase base speed and the map size works fine

• Upvote (+1) 2

there is no dilemma 90 percent of players want it removed. we have the maps now we need to have the balls.

That poll was sort of flawed. A general poll on Halo Waypoint will rarely get hundreds of votes. If I remember correctly, this one had over a thousand just in favor of No Sprint/ removing flinch. That poll was plugged by many people in the competitive community and the voting was skewed in favor of what they wanted. Don't get me wrong, I HATE sprint. But if you just go around asking the people you would encounter in Infinity BTB or Infinity Slayer (which is sadly the majority of the population right now), they will almost always say they want sprint.

Yeah, that's why I said the poll wasn't going to be that accurate. I don't know how many casuals even use the Waypoint website. Like I said, I think sprint should be playlist exclusive. Some playlists should keep sprint. BTB works better with sprint honestly. But any kind of competitive playlist should have NS.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, that's why I said the poll wasn't going to be that accurate. I don't know how many casuals even use the Waypoint website. Like I said, I think sprint should be playlist exclusive. Some playlists should keep sprint. BTB works better with sprint honestly. But any kind of competitive playlist should have NS.  :)

I feel exactly the same way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel exactly the same way.

It's really the only way to keep the casual and competitive communities happy. Make Legendary Slayer NS, make it the transition to Throwdown, and Throwdown would be the full on competitive experience. I wish we would just stop talking about it, and actually start testing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They only say they want sprint because it's what they're used to and the majority of them probably never played Halo 1/2+3.

---

Regarding the video, I think we should push for NS just in Throwdown and see what happens to the population of it after a month or so. If it significantly increases then 343 could consider adding it to all other 2v2/4v4 gametypes, however leaving it out of Dominion/BTB etc is a good idea because of how big the maps are.

The only problem I see with that is Throwdown is such a niche gametype, it's nearly always the least populated gametype in every Halo game. It has a bad reputation because many casuals have horrible experiences from playing in Hardcore/MLG/Throwdown because of obvious reasons.

Either way, I think it's a good idea to just implement it into Throwdown at the start and see where we go from there. 

I honestly don't care if it's only in throwdown. It will grow the competitive community, likely with older players (FiS said he'd come back, I'm sure a few others might too). Remember that MLG Columbus 2012 was the biggest Reach event when NSNB was implemented.

We can replace Adrift with my Complex variant. Ghost is going to take a look at it one of these days. :) Would work well with no sprint.

Casuals loved playing Halo before there was sprint. In fact, the numbers show pretty clearly that hundreds of thousands of players enjoyed Halo more without sprint. Most of these players were casuals, as competitive players don't account for but a portion of the players who've left. 

My point in saying that is to say removing sprint doesn't do anything to segment us from the casual in a negative way. It makes us different from infinity settings in one more way but I think the further we are from infinity the better Halo will be.

It's really the only way to keep the casual and competitive communities happy. Make Legendary Slayer NS, make it the transition to Throwdown, and Throwdown would be the full on competitive experience. I wish we would just stop talking about it, and actually start testing it.

If only 343i understood this simple logic. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for NS in Legendary Slayer.

They only say they want sprint because it's what they're used to and the majority of them probably never played Halo 1/2+3.

Regarding the video, I think we should push for NS just in Throwdown and see what happens to the population of it after a month or so. If it significantly increases then 343 could consider adding it to all other 2v2/4v4 gametypes, however leaving it out of Dominion/BTB etc is a good idea because of how big the maps are.

The only problem I see with that is Throwdown is such a niche gametype, it's nearly always the least populated gametype in every Halo game. It has a bad reputation because many casuals have horrible experiences from playing in Hardcore/MLG/Throwdown because of obvious reasons.

Either way, I think it's a good idea to just implement it into Throwdown at the start and see where we go from there. 

I agree with all of that. That's why I think we need Legendary Slayer to bridge the gap between slayer and throwdown. Put Legendary Slayer out with NS, and just watch how popular the playlist becomes. Start with NS in throwdown, then put Legendary Slayer out.