VODE

Halo 4 and Sprint

How many maps would we lose if we got rid of sprint? Adrift, Station 9, what else? Could we not simply replace Adrift with the Pit when it comes out and we have already seen that no sprint can improve maps like Onxy, Skyline, Haven, what else needs to be discussed outside of politics?

From what I've been told from people who attended RTX, Pitfall has not been scaled up at all from Halo 3. This means that, since it's a literal remake, Pitfall was, like The Pit, designed for gameplay without sprint.

Yet, here we are, with no "no sprint" gametypes, despite Lightning Flag's existence in matchmaking, and the 'classic' playlist features sprint.

lol k.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Kill times are still to slow in Halo for sprint even with the weapon tuning and 4sk BR. Ideally you need primary weapon kill times under 1 second like in H1. So if you want sprint to have a hope of working in Halo, you need 3 shot weapons back. 3sk BR and LR, 4sk DMR and Magnum, and 5sk Carbine as a rough example.

#Halo4SuperTurboCE

(Obviously thing like bleed thought and reducing the BR spread would need to be consider)

From what I've been told from people who attended RTX, Pitfall has not been scaled up at all from Halo 3. This means that, since it's a literal remake, Pitfall was, like The Pit, designed for gameplay without sprint.

Yet, here we are, with no "no sprint" gametypes, despite Lightning Flag's existence in matchmaking, and the 'classic' playlist features sprint.

lol k.

All Ghost needs to do is ask and Quinn said he could have them, its absolutely ridiculous to at least not test no sprint game-types and make them easily available to the community to decide. Classic not having no sprint is ridiculous as well as is not having a BR load-out, its like were getting a shittier version of 2004 H2 SMG starts again. More regression, more of the top-down politics that has ruined this community.

All Ghost needs to do is ask and Quinn said he could have them, its absolutely ridiculous to at least not test no sprint game-types and make them easily available to the community to decide. Classic not having no sprint is ridiculous as well as is not having a BR load-out, its like were getting a shittier version of 2004 H2 SMG starts again. More regression, more of the top-down politics that has ruined this community.

Please refer to this thread.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1509-v5-future-settings-sprint-vs-no-sprint-update/

We can't rely on Ghost's voice alone. The community needs to fight to get these settings for ourselves.

But sprint adds realism. I mean it's realistically impossible for a trained supersoldier to run and shoot at the same time.

• Downvote (-1) 6

But sprint adds realism. I mean it's realistically impossible for a trained supersoldier to run and shoot at the same time.

Back to waypoint

• Upvote (+1) 5

We can't rely on Ghost's voice alone. The community needs to fight to get these settings for ourselves.

But how are we supposed to do it? The poll thread Ghost made on Waypoint is our best shot really and it "only" has a couple thousand votes.

343 isn't really taking us seriously as we are the ~1% of the Halo population. Unfortunately we care the most and know the game the best.

From now on every evening before I go to sleep I'll start praying for No Sprint. May the Halo God hear our voices! ;)

I honestly feel until Halo 4 gets rid of sprint it will fail to be better than v7 Reach.

Halo 4 can never be better than v7 Reach until we get a consistent and accurate main weapon,bullet magnetism is reduced and sprint removed. Oh and fix flag and Oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 can never be better than v7 Reach until we get a consistent and accurate main weapon,bullet magnetism is reduced and sprint removed. Oh and fix flag and Oddball.

But BR. and #HaloisBack

• Upvote (+1) 1

But BR. and #HaloisBack

That's true. You got me there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's frustrating to have no elaboration as to why 'things aren't what they seem'.

It's your basic stone wall approach. Figuring out how things really 'are' isn't that difficult if you've got the right sources... I find it insulting that they would insinuate that no one apart from themselves knows the situation in its entirity.

If you want NS, you should boycott TTD and just play NS customs. We've already got a decent sized community doing so currently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's your basic stone wall approach. Figuring out how things really 'are' isn't that difficult if you've got the right sources... I find it insulting that they would insinuate that no one apart from themselves knows the situation in its entirity.

If you want NS, you should boycott TTD and just play NS customs. We've already got a decent sized community doing so currently.

Where? I want in.

Gt: TBRNER

I'n all honesty I like sprint. I can cut across map faster and throw a wrench in somebody's setup.

Part of the problem is that with spirit anyone can do this. It makes it twice as easy.

did 5 people actually neg my post? does no one understand sarcasm these days? fuck me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Part of the problem is that with spirit anyone can do this. It makes it twice as easy.

I guess but take a look at quake, granted quake barely has an audience anymore, but the speed in that game is 10 times the speed of Halo 4 with sprint.  You could be across the map within a matter of seconds and people foudn a way to play that game competitively.  I don't mind sprint I love being able to sprint and be able to get a runnin jump and vault on to parts of the map people wouldn't expect but I wouldn't mind not having sprint either as I play counterstrike where all three games have zero sprint and zero aim down sites with exception to sniper rifles.  I support either one, but I personally like sprint.  Especially for Big Team Battle.

Wow I can't believe I got neg repped for just saying I like sprint, sheesh.  Did we get a big influx of Halo council people or something?  lol.

Wow I can't believe I got neg repped for just saying I like sprint, sheesh.  Did we get a big influx of Halo council people or something?  lol.

I think it's because of the irony in your statement without you even realizing it.

Maps are only big because of sprint. With faster movement speed without sprint you can achieve the same while being able to actually shoot while moving...

• Upvote (+1) 2