Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Team Throwdown Gametype Selection | V5/V6 Ideas!

Gametype Selection  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 Slayer

2. 2. Choose ONLY 2 Objectives

• Abandon KoTH or Extraction
    • Adrift CTF
    • Orion KoTH
    • Landfall KoTH or Extraction
    • Monolith Flag
    • Pitfall KoTH or Extraction
    • Station 9 Extraction
    • Dispatch Flag or Extraction
    • Vertigo Extraction

Crap. You're right. I'm never gonna master this language. :(

BTW there's a Halo LAN at Area 52 on July 18th if you can make it. ;)

BTW there's a Halo LAN at Area 52 on July 18th if you can make it. ;)

Not back till August 21st. You Austrian local as well?

Been meaning to go to Area 52 for ages, but just been too tied up (and broke) to ever manage it. Haha. Usually drop all my dough on the night life.

being different from what we have now and being different from previous maps are very different things

and seing as it is halo 4 and what we have now is mostly middy style forges doesnt make it some great new experience to play landfall and what is basically construct with oreo

I just want to experience a new map meta game and if a bunch of forgers want to get butthurt when I say I am sick of remakes and I vote for ender then they really need to grow up

Then go look for the maps that offer a new experience and support them, dont just expect them to pop up from nowhere.

Maps that offer a new experience are Ender (like you said), Atlas is good, Edifice is cool too. Get gamplay, get people to cap them, and help advertise them.

hopefully it plays nothing like it, I want to learn a new map...i'll take a look at it.

http://www.halocouncil.com/2013/06/10/forge-feature-ender/

The Unity one is in my FS, and has delayed Rockets (bored senseless of overshields, get more rocks into CTF)

Slayer:

Abandon

Haven

Onyx

Orion

Skyline

CTF:

Adrift/Ender (I'd like to see Ender, but if we need a splitscreen gametype Adrift is probably the way to go unless Monolith can be given some solid playtime & iteration. However I think that the weapon layout could be improved somewhat, when I get time I'll see what I can come up with and post a variant.)

Onyx

Skyline

Extraction:

Abandon/Haven (I'm not really a fan of Extraction on symmetrical maps, so I'd rather see Abandon played than Haven, but if Haven is pretty much set in stone it's not too big of an issue.)

Landfall

KotH:

Orion

Anything I've overlooked or not considered?

If hill isint getting in, there should be one 2 plot game for the sakes of variety (and on Haven) and it actually get given a shot at the highest level, using 2 plot specific timers that haven been through testing. We hardly have 6 quality 1p/ctf gametypes, so sacrificing one for a haven gametype seems fair.

I can't vote without playing all of the forge maps, and Landfall/other maps I haven't played...

Why dont we do a community  4 v 4 tournament with only test gametypes?

Not back till August 21st. You Austrian local as well?

Been meaning to go to Area 52 for ages, but just been too tied up (and broke) to ever manage it. Haha. Usually drop all my dough on the night life.

Yes I live in Vienna and am a native Austrian.

I'll attend and help with settings and maps (pretty sure the guy needs it). I'll tell you if it's awesome. Maybe we can get a group together.

Me and my dubs parter would also be interested in Halo 1...

If hill isint getting in, there should be one 2 plot game for the sakes of variety (and on Haven) and it actually get given a shot at the highest level, using 2 plot specific timers that haven been through testing. We hardly have 6 quality 1p/ctf gametypes, so sacrificing one for a haven gametype seems fair.

2-Plot is not competitive. Expect Hill to make it in.

Expect Hill to make it in.

Hill confirmed now eh? :P

2-Plot is not competitive

Sure

Very cool to see all of this support to get Ender in for CTF. I can't thank everyone enough for playing and supporting the map. For those who aren't sure what Ender is, I'm working on getting a gameplay captured.

I've seen my new map Stronghold name dropped a few times in this thread as well. Stronghold is a rockets dual snipes map that plays Team Slayer, CTF and Extraction. I've got a TS gameplay posted below, so give her a look. Please excuse my forgers BR and terrible skill at the game in general.

[media=650x500]

[/media]
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Very cool to see all of this support to get Ender in for CTF. I can't thank everyone enough for playing and supporting the map. For those who aren't sure what Ender is, I'm working on getting a gameplay captured.

I've seen my new map Stronghold name dropped a few times in this thread as well. Stronghold is a rockets dual snipes map that plays Team Slayer, CTF and Extraction. I've got a TS gameplay posted below, so give her a look. Please excuse my forgers BR and terrible skill at the game in general.

[media=650x500]

[/media]

It seems like a cool map... but especially with Pit coming I doubt it will get much time in the 11 rotation.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE. I'm on vacation but of course I get online for 10 minutes and they announce a Pit remake so I have to make this post.

If V5 is after August 20th then this will be my 11 gametypes. If not, then this is my V6 selection.

Slayer:

Haven

Abandon

Skyline

Onyx

Orion/Pitfall/Vertigo

Flag:

Pitfall (Two Sniper)

Onyx (BR)

Skyline (Weak Power Weapon)

Ext: 

Haven

Hill:

Orion

11th Gametype:

Pitfall EXT?

Abandon EXT?

Vertigo EXT?

Monolith Flag?

ALRIGHT EVERYONE. I'm on vacation but of course I get online for 10 minutes and they announce a Pit remake so I have to make this post.

If V5 is after August 20th then this will be my 11 gametypes. If not, then this is my V6 selection.

Slayer:

Haven

Abandon

Skyline

Onyx

Orion/Pitfall/Vertigo

Flag:

Pitfall (Two Sniper)

Onyx (BR)

Skyline (Weak Power Weapon)

Ext: 

Haven

Hill:

Orion

11th Gametype:

Pitfall EXT?

Abandon EXT?

Vertigo EXT?

Monolith Flag?

How can you say that when you haven't even tested out Pit on halo 4 and don't even know what the map will play like on halo 4?

How can you say that when you haven't even tested out Pit on halo 4 and don't even know what the map will play like on halo 4?

We know exactly how Pit plays out. It's scaled the same and there's nothing different about it. Obviously the grav lift at runway will be blocked off and the "murder hole" will be filled with forge objects. It will definitely be in v5/6.

We know exactly how Pit plays out. It's scaled the same and there's nothing different about it. Obviously the grav lift at runway will be blocked off and the "murder hole" will be filled with forge objects. It will definitely be in v5/6.

So you've played Pitfall on Halo 4 already?

Lockout was amazing in H2 and it sucked in Halo 4. Pit was average at best in H3 and HR and we don't really know how Pitfall will play in Halo 4 other than that the snipers will just dominate even more than they did in the past halos because of no descope and pushes will be close to nonexistent if pitfall were to be played as a slayer gametype because of the sniper dominance.

So you've played Pitfall on Halo 4 already?

Lockout was amazing in H2 and it sucked in Halo 4. Pit was average at best in H3 and HR and we don't really know how Pitfall will play in Halo 4 other than that the snipers will just dominate even more than they did in the past halos because of no descope and pushes will be close to nonexistent if pitfall were to be played as a slayer gametype because of the sniper dominance.

I saw the trailer + the gameplay on it. From my perspective, it's scaled exactly to how Halo 3's Pit was. Maybe slightly different for sprint but all in all, it's not fair to compare it to the difference between Shutout/Lockout because the difference was night and day. Snipers will make it play differently because of no descope but you could say the same for every other map with snipers in.

What would you honestly rather play, Adrift CTF or Pit CTF?

That Man cannon and drop hole kind of add something new. I think it should be tested with those. If not maybe take out the lift so you can't just drop ov with sword control and then regain it so easily.

That Man cannon and drop hole kind of add something new. I think it should be tested with those. If not maybe take out the lift so you can't just drop ov with sword control and then regain it so easily.

I guess, but I'm betting Ghost will block off both additions due to nostalgia and wanting to keep it identical to how H3 Pit was.

I guess, but I'm betting Ghost will block off both additions due to nostalgia and wanting to keep it identical to how H3 Pit was.

I could see that if run way was still just a run way. The fact that they opened up that back wall and made it like OS area kinda differs the game play. We also want something to balance out Snipe power in this game and I think this route kinda makes that side of the map more of a power area.

I.E Sword Base.

I could see that if run way was still just a run way. The fact that they opened up that back wall and made it like OS area kinda differs the game play. We also want something to balance out Snipe power in this game and I think this route kinda makes that side of the map more of a power area.

I.E Sword Base.

Yeah, I see what you're saying and I agree. I'm just not sure if Ghost will think the same. It's definitely possible, though.

I doubt V5 will be coming after August 20th...

v6 discussion thread. now.