Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Team Throwdown Gametype Selection | V5/V6 Ideas!

Gametype Selection  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 Slayer

2. 2. Choose ONLY 2 Objectives

• Abandon KoTH or Extraction
    • Adrift CTF
    • Orion KoTH
    • Landfall KoTH or Extraction
    • Monolith Flag
    • Pitfall KoTH or Extraction
    • Station 9 Extraction
    • Dispatch Flag or Extraction
    • Vertigo Extraction

I'd like to see Oddball bought in with the throw disabled, as well as a nice 'Pit' styled map for CTF, Not a fan of Station 9 Extraction, reminds me of a hamster cage... just boring, Onyx flag plays pretty well, could probs try Simplex Oddball? with the throw disabled as said (Hoping 343 gives us the option)

We probably need to tackle one "broken" objective at a time. It looks like we will be getting one KoTH gametype with "Everyone Counts" scoring and the resounding consensus is that it will be on Orion. I miss Oddball, but I'm happy if we get just get KoTH back for v5

Lol, I love how modders can do all of this in a matter of weeks and 343 still haven't fixed stuff like Oddball or the KoTH glitch. :(

I think it's fairly clear that 343 is trying to invest most of their time, money, and workforce into the next Halo. Otherwise, we probably would have descope and all that jazz by now. They're actually focusing on the next game so it will be able to hold a large population after launch by actually playing like Halo

I think it's fairly clear that 343 is trying to invest most of their time, money, and workforce into the next Halo. Otherwise, we probably would have descope and all that jazz by now. They're actually focusing on the next game so it will be able to hold a large population after launch by actually playing like Halo

Yep, I was referring to the sustain team, though. I guess it's not very big at all if they can't fix these things in a short amount of time. :/

Played a modded variant of oddball last night where throwing the ball was disabled. It wasn't a ball though... Some how it was an extraction thingy. Guess it wasn't modded oddball then really, but modded extraction...

Did it play the same as oddball, a point for every second? any good?

We probably need to tackle one "broken" objective at a time. It looks like we will be getting one KoTH gametype with "Everyone Counts" scoring and the resounding consensus is that it will be on Orion. I miss Oddball, but I'm happy if we get just get KoTH back for v5

Yeah I suppose but these issued should have been sorted in V2/V3, I'm really not a fan of extraction and would much rather have our old gametypes back ASAP (Oddball and KOTH)

Yeah I suppose but these issued should have been sorted in V2/V3, I'm really not a fan of extraction and would much rather have our old gametypes back ASAP (Oddball and KOTH)

I think Extraction was one of the things that 343 actually knocked out of the park. It's a great competitive objective and while I adore the classic CTF, KoTH, and Oddball, Extraction is welcome into that trio

Did it play the same as oddball, a point for every second? any good?

Yes. Played exactly the same as classic oddball. Only change was that the "ball" was actually an extraction objective that you ran around holding instead. Haha.

Honestly, I don't mind throwing the ball in H4... I just wish that the ability to throw the ball was EXTREMELY nerfed.

• Downvote (-1) 1

As far as a 2-snipe flag map goes, I'd actually like to see either Stronghold by FatedFire or Select (by me) get picked up.

There's actually a lot of pretty solid maps out there that aren't even known and are excluded from the poll. Epicenter, a map I played last night, is pretty phenomenal and definitely deserves a little attention. Check 'em out in the forge forum.

• Downvote (-1) 1

We can't have 2 Simplex gametypes and 2 Onyx. The general consensus is Onyx Flag and Simplex TS or both Onyx

Oh, In that case I would probably have Onyx ts and Simplex flag only because I have played those two, I haven't tested Onyx flag yet but I'm guessing it would run quite nicely.

I do want a 2 sniper flag map...just no dispatch, adrift or pit remake of any kind...

Ender

2 snipes

Rocks

Lots of walls similar to pit

win win win

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ender

2 snipes

Rocks

win win win

hopefully it plays nothing like it, I want to learn a new map...i'll take a look at it.

If we take out Dispatch, I think we should keep Station 9 (or at least have a forge map on Impact). The aesthetics are at least different, and i think one of the main reasons why Onyx > Simplex is because it just looks better and doesn't look like a sunny forge map with bland forge blocks put together (which many forge maps seem to be)

wow the only new maps in that list are remakes ...not worth voting

Have you tried Ender (or Blacksite)? It is "relativity" new and would offer a nice 2 sniper replacement for Dispatch or Adrift. And it isn't a remake.

Which map is land fall?

A Majestic DLC map. A version of Landfall (Landsmall) was considered for v4 but had frame rate issues so it was dropped. There are other versions (Unity Landfall) forged without the frame rate issue.

Slayer: 
Haven
Abandon
Simplex
Onyx
Skyline

CTF:
Skyline 5 
Simplex 5
Dispatch
Onyx

Ext: 
Station 9

Edit :

Hill:
Haven

IMO , 3 fast paced flag game is what we need ... the only problem with these flag games is : no sniper ... but its like pure team shots ... Ons flag, Midship Flag, Warlock flag were my top 3 favorit flag games. Maybe you guys should think about putting back the ball .

• Downvote (-1) 1

Slayer: 
Haven
Abandon
Simplex
Onyx
Skyline

CTF:
Skyline 5 
Simplex 5
Onyx 5

Ext: 
Haven

Hill:
Orion
Landfall

IMO , 3 fast paced flag game is what we need ... the only problem with these flag games is : no sniper ... but its like pure team shots ... Ons flag, Midship Flag, Warlock flag were my top 3 favorit flag games. Maybe you guys should think about putting back the ball .

You can't have two onyx gametypes and two simplex. You can have one of each or two of the same, but the general consensus is Onyx Flag and Simplex TS

Ender

2 snipes

Rocks

win win win

Nah, the map is white so let's ignore everything else about it, especially that it's better than Adrift.

hopefully it plays nothing like it, I want to learn a new map...i'll take a look at it.

I've played Ender CTF before and it's not like the pit at all in that sense - you will definitely have to learn it like a new map. It is faster and has an open top mid that can be used to setup + control a good part of the map (unlike the Pit).

Have you tried Ender (or Blacksite)? It is "relativity" new and would offer a nice 2 sniper replacement for Dispatch or Adrift. And it isn't a remake.

A Majestic DLC map. A version of Landfall (Landsmall) was considered for v4 but had frame rate issues so it was dropped. There are other versions (Unity Landfall) forged without the frame rate issue.

well if its blcksite its sort of a remake :P

and yes I voted for ender , neg repping me everytime I say we shouldnt have more remakes lol you are the reason we now have 2 middy remakes in rotation 

• Downvote (-1) 1

well if its blcksite its sort of a remake :P

and yes I voted for ender , neg repping me everytime I say we shouldnt have more remakes lol you are the reason we now have 2 middy remakes in rotation

are you referring to me? I didn't neg you. I agree with you, I don't want 2 midship maps either. (Unless they are different gametypes like Onyx TS and Simplex CTF). That is why I have been pushing for Ender since v4 testing. I want 11 well thought out gametypes that all play well and give variety, not just nostalgia.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ignore him. He's got a stick stuck up somewhere against every forger that makes a map with any semblance to older maps.

Let's try to keep it civilized here, fellas. Joshington, just so you are clear, none of the maps in the polls are remakes. Yes Onyx and Simplex are extremely similar to Midship and that is why there will either be A) Onyx Flag and Onyx TS or B) Onyx Flag and Simplex TS in v5. We're looking to expand our map selection and not stuck in the same monotonous things. That's the reason so many people are lobbying for maps like Orion and Landfall, etc. They are completely different maps than anything we have now. Is Orion similar to Construct from H3? Yes it is. But there are many many differences and the vertical multi-level style makes it unique and extremely competitive. I mean Construct was an absolute staple in the H3 MLG scene, supported two gametypes, and nobody has ever come close to making something even remotely similar to it until now with Orion. We should be thankful for that.

In addition, I think we are all tired of Pit and Sanctuary remakes, no matter how great of maps they were, we need to move on. It's unfair to say things can't be even remotely similar, but remakes should not be considered at this point in time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You do know what the definition of a remake is right? Is English your first language mate? Kanst du verstehen?

*Verstehst du das?

• Upvote (+1) 1