Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Team Throwdown Gametype Selection | V5/V6 Ideas!

Gametype Selection  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 Slayer

2. 2. Choose ONLY 2 Objectives

• Abandon KoTH or Extraction
    • Adrift CTF
    • Orion KoTH
    • Landfall KoTH or Extraction
    • Monolith Flag
    • Pitfall KoTH or Extraction
    • Station 9 Extraction
    • Dispatch Flag or Extraction
    • Vertigo Extraction

"GoD 0f FoRgE" has a fantastic remake of The Pit, if it's not common knowledge here: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/103c8908-acce-4eed-83f9-a6fb91f0a65e

And if it is common knowledge, is the general consensus that Sprint breaks it or something?

We should try to avoid maps that have been run into the ground by competitive play through multiple games.

For example we should not use Sanctuary because it was used in Halo 2 and Reach, and same goes for the Pit in Halo 3 and Reach

We should try to avoid maps that have been run into the ground by competitive play through multiple games.

For example we should not use Sanctuary because it was used in Halo 2 and Reach, and same goes for the Pit in Halo 3 and Reach

Oh I had no idea it was used in Reach competitively. My parents sold my Xbox about 2 months after Reach came out so I pretty much missed out on everything that happened lol.

Oh I had no idea it was used in Reach competitively. My parents sold my Xbox about 2 months after Reach came out so I pretty much missed out on everything that happened lol.

I'll fill you in.

Reach sucked. Sucked. Sucked. Sucked. and then boom 343 came along and gave us a TU that can control bloom and MLG also dropped sprint. V7 was the final MLG settings and included two disc maps, 2 Anniversary gametypes, and a bunch of forge maps including The Pit and Sanctuary.

if you want to replace a gametype adrift flag is the one that should likely go. it seems to be the least liked. onyx flag could be a good replacement, the matches would likely be quicker than with adrift. but with that said adrift is a nonforge map and that could lead to complication not being in the rotation. i still think a solace played sideways ctf could work if the map could be forged right. i haven't seen a solace variant i really like yet tho. solice slice nashville stinks and solari is meh. 

if you want to replace a gametype adrift flag is the one that should likely go. it seems to be the least liked. onyx flag could be a good replacement, the matches would likely be quicker than with adrift. but with that said adrift is a nonforge map and that could lead to complication not being in the rotation. i still think a solace played sideways ctf could work if the map could be forged right. i haven't seen a solace variant i really like yet tho. solice slice nashville stinks and solari is meh. 

Solace slice is a bust. OG Solace or nothing. But that is irrelevant.

Adrift is most likely staying and Onyx is also going to come in in the place of Simplex. Dispatch is the most hated CTF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solace slice is a bust. OG Solace or nothing. But that is irrelevant.

Adrift is most likely staying and Onyx is also going to come in in the place of Simplex. Dispatch is the most hated CTF.

i could see onyx replacing simplex as a good thing for ctf. honestly i'm getting a little tired of maps with OS in the middle. simplex, onyx, and dispatch. and abandon has it too. i understand snipers have their place in half of competitive maps i just wish there was something instead of OS to put in the middle of arena style maps. makes me miss camo as a pickup. dmg boost would be bad and speed boost would ruin ctf i think. i would just like a tad more variety ya know. 

i'd also like to see some other map replace ext haven. but i'm not a huge fan of adrift or abandon ext.

i could see onyx replacing simplex as a good thing for ctf. honestly i'm getting a little tired of maps with OS in the middle. simplex, onyx, and dispatch. and abandon has it too. i understand snipers have their place in half of competitive maps i just wish there was something instead of OS to put in the middle of arena style maps. makes me miss camo as a pickup. dmg boost would be bad and speed boost would ruin ctf i think. i would just like a tad more variety ya know. 

i'd also like to see some other map replace ext haven. but i'm not a huge fan of adrift or abandon ext.

Totally agree on the ovi top mid point. On dispatch, why not have ovi green sticks and one snipe yellow sticks? That way teams are forced to decide which they think is more important and focus their attention on that instead of, "you grab snipe, the rest will jump ring 2 and see if we can get ovi".

Replace ovi with sticky det on onyx and simplex is just screwed as far as weapons are concerned I think

I've compiled a list of possible gametypes that should/could be considered for the 11 Gametypes in V5... feel free to pick your favorite 11... take all aspects of maps and gametypes into consideration. KoTH would use "Everyone Counts" scoring. We would also like to have at least 5-6 Splitscreen gametypes.

Here are all the possible gametypes we can use.

Slayer: 
Haven
Abandon
Simplex
Onyx
Skyline
Landfall
Orion?

CTF:
Adrift 3 No At-Home
Solace 5 No at-Home

Monolith 5 No at-Home

Skyline 5 
Simplex 5
Onyx 5

Ext: 
Haven
Abandon
Station 9
Monolith

Hill:
Abandon
Orion
Landfall
Haven
Monolith
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ghost has stressed in previous testing and threads that he wants 5 Slayers and 6 Objectives. Currently we use 5 Slayers, 4 CTFs, and two Extractions. This mimics Reach's style of 11 Gametypes (with two KoTH's)... however there have been past iterations of competitive Halo that had a different style of gametype sets. Halo 3 used 5 Slayers, 4 CTFs, an Oddball, and a KoTH gametype. I personally feel that while Slayers are very important, Objective gametypes add more variety and depth to playing/viewing a competitive match, and therefore, we should attempt to use more Objective gametypes (ideally 7).

It is for this reason that I stress we use "Everyone Counts" scoring for King of the Hill and bring a King of the Hill gametype into the rotation. We can then keep 3 CTF's and 2 Extractions.

5 Slayers, 3 Flags, 2 EXT's, 1 Hill

My personal 11:

Slayer: Haven, Abandon, Onyx, Skyline
CTF: Adrift, Onyx, Skyline
Ext: Haven, Station 9/Abandon
Hill: Abandon or Orion

I've not only talked to Ghost about settings, but have also remained active on every thread about V4 and V5 feedback and ideas. These gametypes are a mix of new community maps, as well as modifications to old Throwdown gametypes. Please give postitive or constructive feedback to these gametype ideas.

P.S. Due to complications, we will not be discussing the possibility of No-Sprint gametypes.

so no dispatch or simplex???

Simplex is on the list, Dispatch fuck no.

I can forge a better monolith than v3 in 5 mins...

Okay, so we'll be testing your version of Monolith then for v5 settings. Please go to Forge Mode, go into the Forge options, hit "B" for "Tools," then "Delete By Palette," and then scroll all the way down to "Delete Everything." Once you are finished Forging everything, then please post the link to download it in this thread so that we can begin testing.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 7

Okay, so we'll be testing your version of Monolith then for v5 settings. Please go to Forge Mode, go into the Forge options, hit "B" for "Tools," then "Delete By Palette," and then scroll all the way down to "Delete Everything." Once you are finished Forging everything, then please post the link to download it in this thread so that we can begin testing.

-Ghost

He speaks!

Dispatch no way it is awful. Simplex is on the list and I feel that it will only be a TS map in V5

Dispatch no way it is awful. Simplex is on the list and I feel that it will only be a TS map in V5

I agree. Dispatch totally needs to go for something new and original. Some kind of forged Monolith or new forge map would be fantastic. Simplex should only be TS, if not completely replaced by Onyx.

But really all that I want is Orion Slayer/KoTH pleaseeee

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah same I just want simplex to be completely replaced by onyx and Orion Slayer and KOTH 

tumblr_m7k4xxwxn11rwcc6bo1_500.gif

*Cough* no sprint also *Cough*

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah same I just want simplex to be completely replaced by onyx and Orion Slayer and KOTH 

tumblr_m7k4xxwxn11rwcc6bo1_500.gif

*Cough* no sprint also *Cough*

I wish i could +rep this once for the words and once more for the gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

sad_face.gif

On a more serious note;

Slayer: 
Haven
Abandon
Onyx
Skyline

CTF:
Adrift 3 No At-Home
Skyline 5 
Onyx 5
New Map that plays like PIT

Ext: 
Haven
Station 9

Hill:
Orion

Red font = Lets be honest we need it added in.

Edit: Why can't we have no sprint? 

really like this lineup!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally agree on the ovi top mid point. On dispatch, why not have ovi green sticks and one snipe yellow sticks? That way teams are forced to decide which they think is more important and focus their attention on that instead of, "you grab snipe, the rest will jump ring 2 and see if we can get ovi".

Replace ovi with sticky det on onyx and simplex is just screwed as far as weapons are concerned I think

i think i heard somebody else suggest that and i really really like that idea. 2snipers every two mins with ammo is a bit much for that map. if you do that you could get away with putting something else ring 2 if you really wanted. i might just move the OS and sniper myself to play in customs with friends bc none of us seem to like dispatch that much as of now. thanks shzlss for the suggestion

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/endezeichen/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=bdb1557e-50df-468d-8a5b-e8b07394d860

I went ahead and moved one sniper to yellow sticks, and OS to green sticks. i left ring 2 as is, i couldn't decide anything good to put there. i did contemplate frags, moving the dmr from gold sticks or throwing another br there but just left it as is. 

Slayer:

Haven

Skyline

Simplex

Onyx

Abandon

CTF:

Simplex

Onyx

Skyline

Ext:

Station 9

Monolith

Hill:

Orion

That is my personal choice of a lineup (as well as no sprint) :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Slayer:
Haven
Skyline
Simplex
Onyx
Abandon

CTF:
Simplex
Onyx
Skyline

Ext:
Station 9
Monolith

Hill:
Orion

That is my personal choice of a lineup (as well as no sprint) :)

We can't have 2 Simplex gametypes and 2 Onyx. The general consensus is Onyx Flag and Simplex TS or both Onyx

If you are considering "Everyone Counts" scoring for KotH, would there be any benefit of using "Team Difference"? I haven't tested it, I am just curious as it is another scoring option.

I agree. Dispatch totally needs to go for something new and original. Some kind of forged Monolith or new forge map would be fantastic. Simplex should only be TS, if not completely replaced by Onyx.

But really all that I want is Orion Slayer/KoTH pleaseeee

This sums up v5

If you are considering "Everyone Counts" scoring for KotH, would there be any benefit of using "Team Difference"? I haven't tested it, I am just curious as it is another scoring option.

What exactly does that scoring do? Does it make it so enemies in the hill can reduce the amount of points? i.e. 3 Teamates and 2 enemies in the hill would only get you points for 1 player.

Correct me if I'm wrong.