Moses_FPS

Oculus Rift will cost $599

Oof—$599. And that's before tax. The Oculus Rift is now available to preorder and includes the headset and motion-tracking sensor, the Oculus remote (which will be useful for recovering from next-generation jump scares), an Xbox One controller and, of course, Eve: Valkyrie and Lucky's Tale. The estimated ship date is March, and preordering also puts you on the waiting list for Touch controllers later this year.

That is a substantial bundle of stuff and, if I take deep breaths while wishing my savings ran a little deeper, I feel that it's likely worth the cost. Perhaps it's even generous, but it's not a sceptic-converting, non-high-end-PC-owner-convincing, mostly-Facebook-subsidised price point. Uptake will be fascinating to watch, and I'll bet those who pledged for a DK1 on Kickstarter will be feeling pretty happy about now.

http://www.pcgamer.com/oculus-rift-will-cost-599-eta-march/

600 bucks.... and that's before shipping and tax

i think i'm gonna wait until next year ... lol

Don't really see a reason to drop cash on it atm. Maybe if this is successful the next generation of it will be a HUGE deal but not yet. Not to mention the GTX 970 appears to be a bare minimum? So this really costs FAR more than $600 to use optimally. Going to probably want a rig that's going to cost around or above $1k on top of the $600 to get something to run it comfortably.

For the full Rift experience, we recommend the following system:
Video Card NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater
CPU Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
Memory 8GB+ RAM
Video Output Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
USB Ports 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
OS Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I still want to know the specs, I mean I already spent money on an ROG Swift lol. I need my high refresh rates though.

I'll wait to see if SLI Pascal GPUs are worth it with the oculus. 

I wanna get it but I'm in europe so it's already costing me 741 euros with shipping and now it's unclear if that includes any custom fees. If it doesn't it might bump up the price to 926 euros for me and I'm not that crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanna get it but I'm in europe so it's already costing me 741 euros with shipping and now it's unclear if that includes any custom fees. If it doesn't it might bump up the price to 926 euros for me and I'm not that crazy.

741 euros is crazy

Worked for the PS3.

No it didn't. It got crushed for years by the Wii and 360 because of that price point.

If it ends being a good experience that's one thing but it won't catch on for another couple of years. Playstation VR might have more success if the games are there.