TwelveGageKilr

The Halo Respawn Project - A Coach's Ultimate Tool

This post will be journal entries of my progress with the actual excel sheets attached. Each spread sheet will have 4 pages: the data entry page, the diagram charts, percentage charts, and setup/notes. The idea is to use the diagram charts of what each spawn is called. Bottom Red has 6 different spawn points, the abbreviation is BR, so the spawns are labeled RB1-RB6. Then implementing each labeled spawn into the entry page. **Note** I have done this from a tablet so excel isn't as broad, even though it is the full version (If anyone knows how to get a frequency to work using a tablet!!). I can make huge improvements after some testing to see if it is useful. So each number is transferred manually into the charts (so don't erase anything thinking it will automatically updated.** The third page, percentage charts, will automatically update based on the entries from the very bottom of the first page. The last page will describe the setup used and any additional pictures of most spawned on areas.

I love the initiative, and I'm eager to see your findings, but this information is really difficult to digest.  I don't really know what I'm looking at.  What gametype is this for?

Even though I have little care about Halo 5, I will admit I give you an internet high five for this system. It makes sense to me, though I will say the current format could use some more context. Perhaps presenting it in a video format will allow you to break down the idea for others.

I've always been blown away by http://halospawns.com for how they allow you to understand probability of spawns based on enemy and personal location. Taking the raw data that you've been creating and adding a visual medium to it would only strengthen the project.

That's a shit ton of data to be testing man. God bless your work.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

This looks really cool. Its basically a spreadsheet of what I'm trying to do in my head in the middle of the game accounting for my team's positions. Depending on how well someone understands the information you present it could go a long way in helping people understand the spawn meta without actually having to play hundreds of games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This post will be journal entries of my progress with the actual excel sheets attached. Each spread sheet will have 4 pages: the data entry page, the diagram charts, percentage charts, and setup/notes. The idea is to use the diagram charts of what each spawn is called. Bottom Red has 6 different spawn points, the abbreviation is BR, so the spawns are labeled RB1-RB6. Then implementing each labeled spawn into the entry page. **Note** I have done this from a tablet so excel isn't as broad, even though it is the full version (If anyone knows how to get a frequency to work using a tablet!!). I can make huge improvements after some testing to see if it is useful. So each number is transferred manually into the charts (so don't erase anything thinking it will automatically updated.** The third page, percentage charts, will automatically update based on the entries from the very bottom of the first page. The last page will describe the setup used and any additional pictures of most spawned on areas.

I have updated part of my post to better understand what is happening moving forward.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Screenshot_2016-01-06-19-51-37_zpsegyfl4

So it seems you can force spawns. These are the only 3 locations Back Red Flag the spartan was allowed to spawn. This is without any influence from other teammates though. We moved around blue members to see if we could force any spawn, and you can. It seems respawns are purely based on proximity. Will be continuing testing. I was going to post the excel spreadsheets but it seems they might not even be needed.

I thought about if this was actually useful info, seeing as there is a 2 million dollar in the coming months, if I could sell it to a team. Then I just thought no team probably would. At this time, I'm not coaching any top 16 team for the live event. If there was a team looking to get "insider info" and use me as their coach, I would be more inclined to help said team design strats and setups for respawn positioning. Until that time I want to just give any info I discover to the community and maybe make more concrete identifiers for noting respawns before they happen.

I've always felt that one of the (many) things that has kept be from being a higher caliber player is that I never take the time to learn the spawns.  I'm going to give this a look and maybe the game will become more enjoyable for me.

Awesome job in constructing this.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, I was actually complimenting your dedication to learn and desire to share, but that's ok.  Whats another -1?

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, I was actually complimenting your dedication to learn and desire to share, but that's ok.  Whats another -1?

I'mean just talking about since you got a red rep bars for days.

I'mean just talking about since you got a red rep bars for days.

Oh I gotcha.  No I never went for -rep but I have different opinion than most here.  I've actually gone about +50 in the last few months.