Moa

MLG Sold To Activision

ive been a huge MLG fan since like halo 2. It will suck to see MLG get bought out and possibly MLG and Halo not ever working together. But if that happens, lets hope HCS just starts running its own tournaments and not relying on 3rd party to basically do everything like ESL did in season 1-2 and what MLG is doing in season 3.

HCS Columbus has a ring to it

ive been a huge MLG fan since like halo 2. It will suck to see MLG get bought out and possibly MLG and Halo not ever working together. But if that happens, lets hope HCS just starts running its own tournaments and not relying on 3rd party to basically do everything like ESL did in season 1-2 and what MLG is doing in season 3.

HCS Columbus has a ring to it

That would require them to hire a whole new department to run tournaments. I dont see that happening, nor would I have much faith in it.

I'm not sure if he's a Senior VP or w/e. I don't think it's relevant to the point I'm making.

I must be missing your point then.  He's at a high position at Activision-Blizzard already.

Are you saying he needs to focus on the esports department?

Sad, sad news. I wouldn't be here right now writing this post if it wasn't for MLG and the glory years of competitive Halo. I still remember first seeing MLG and everything that is was and simply being awe stricken that guys were playing the video game I loved for not only money, but some for a living. The direction that MLG chose to go in as the years passed was completely understandable as they are a business and need to make money, or at least attempt to, but seeing what became of it is more saddening than anything. MLG TV, or more so the workings of it, is a decision/series of decisions I will never understand but it obviously is what it is. More than anything, I would not change those years of enjoying the glory years of MLG for a second. I would not have met the people I have met throughout the years, and I wouldn't be in the position I am in now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what this means for people under contract to stream on MLG.tv. I'm mostly thinking about Nade and Scump. I would be very interested to see what Nadeshots viewer numbers would be on Twitch. I remember them being pretty high when he left and he wasn't quite as well known then.

I wonder what this means for people under contract to stream on MLG.tv. I'm mostly thinking about Nade and Scump. I would be very interested to see what Nadeshots viewer numbers would be on Twitch. I remember them being pretty high when he left and he wasn't quite as well known then.

in bo2, i seen one time he had like 20k. 

It's funny that everyone had begged and pleaded for dev support and now it's turning into a reality, but it's doing more harm then good. Now devs want us playing out of box settings and that just doesn't work competitively speaking especially for console FPS due to catering games for the no thumbs. Just look at the joke of a league Bo3 is now. pros are forced to do 'gentlemen's agreements' because apparently we can't be banning tripmines, C4, awareness/radar crutch based perks because people sure want to watch pub esque gameplay! H5 could've been much better to had we had more control -- especially with Forge being as good as it is we could make no sprint; no spartan abilities a reality, not to mention we could get rid of the autos and radar once and for all. Apparently competing for $2mil+ with casual settings seems fair though, right? 

I think when people asked for "dev support" what they meant was post launch support, more patches, spectator modes, balancing, communicate with competitive community, work with tournament organisations, etc.

I don't think anyone ever asked for developers to actually run tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully they'll revamp Gamebattles, because that site is a shell of what it once was. 

Ultimately this seems pretty good. If Mike Sepso is still at Activision heading eSports, then MLG will be in good hands. He's one of the original two founders, so at least he knows about the potential. The bad thing though is that there is a ton of potential for more monetization options that are probably going to come about. Activision LOVES milking money from things it owns usually in the form of micro-transactions. I expect a lot of gouging where possible. 

I still remember going to the very first event. Was very skeptical that it would turn in to anything until I meant Sundance. Guy is a rockstar. 

It is now official, Sundance is still there. Looks like Sundance, Sepso and Adam are all still on board.

Sounds like MLG will continue to work with other publishers outside Activision. Surprising to say the least.

Stop trying. Create something better. Be innovative

I think you took that a little too literal bro lol. What they're trying to say is basically, you don't need to be the biggest sports fan to know what ESPN is; that's pretty much accepted at this day and age.

He's just making a blanket statement to state that he would like to make eSports a globally accepted thing by others; regardless if you compete or not.

Stop trying. Create something better. Be innovative

I thought IronGaming was suppose to be the ESPN of eSports?  :kappa:

MLG.tv will still be running.  

Feel bad for Crimsix and any other big streamers still locked in contract.  I randomly checked yesterday and Formal had 7k viewers.  

MLG.tv will still be running.  

Feel bad for Crimsix and any other big streamers still locked in contract.  I randomly checked yesterday and Formal had 7k viewers.  

Formal managed to hit 7k on Twitch?

Dude is getting a decent following on there again. Good on him.

Formal managed to hit 7k on Twitch?

Dude is getting a decent following on there again. Good on him.

I watch him often, he gets over 4,000 almost every single stream. He's killing it on Twitch.