Moa

MLG Sold To Activision

I watch him often, he gets over 4,000 almost every single stream. He's killing it on Twitch.

If only he were playing something I was interested in watching.

I dont think MLG will change much after this, if anything...this will be like when Amazon bought twitch and as we know...Twitch is still growing.

I think you took that a little too literal bro lol. What they're trying to say is basically, you don't need to be the biggest sports fan to know what ESPN is; that's pretty much accepted at this day and age.

He's just making a blanket statement to state that he would like to make eSports a globally accepted thing by others; regardless if you compete or not.

He said this 3 times already. He just really seems fixated on ESPN

Even if MLG only focuses on Activision Blizzard titles they will grow immensely. I would also expect to never see Call of Duty ran by ESL ever again after this current contract is over. 

Even if MLG only focuses on Activision Blizzard titles they will grow immensely. I would also expect to never see Call of Duty ran by ESL ever again after this current contract is over. 

Why, ESLs name and branding far exceeds MLG.

Don't know if this was posted but my lazy ass won't check.

The duo also reinforced that MLG will continue to work with outside partners on games that aren’t owned by Activision Blizzard. “I would point to the upcoming Counter-Strike minor and major that we’re operating in the first quarter of 2016,” DiGiovanni says. “We’re going to continue to build and develop. Some programs come to an end naturally. There are some things that are coming up and we’re finished with, but that shouldn’t be perceived as being tied to this transaction.”

MLG has relationships with Valve for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Microsoft for Halo, Hi-Rez for Smite, Psyonix for Rocket League, and Nintendo for Super Smash Bros. for Wii. There also won't be changes, at least not immediately, in the relationships that exist between individual internal game franchises and their respective competitive scenes. This includes the Call of Duty World League, which is partnered up with ESL, an MLG rival.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/01/04/activision-blizzard-mlg-buyout-espn-of-esports.aspx

He said this 3 times already. He just really seems fixated on ESPN

Yeah I got you my dude. Alas, it's not a bad goal to have moving forward. And that in no way shape or form should be the end goal, definitely, so I agree with you there. Just walk before you can run if you will.