CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Evolved Customs Thread

The aiming system is going to be shit either way. I guess I'm just not interested in dealing with all of the annoying problems with the H5 BR for the sake of some aim assists that mitigate that core problem slightly. If we had to, we could go with LR or DMR, I guess, but the BR is the last precision weapon I would want as a starting weapon. Long range is just too easy with the BR, which is not something I'm interested in to prevent people from running because you missed and close quarters will be a clusterfuck regardless.

What annoying issues?

And the DMR and LR are way more overbearing at range than the BR

What annoying issues?

And the DMR and LR are way more overbearing at range than the BR

Burst fire is the main problem I have with it in comparison to the DMR (recon variant would be ideal, but is currently unavailable). Sweep for the head, less consistent damage at close range when people all have nasty strafe speeds, recoil allowing for generous headshots from aiming center mass at longer ranges. The LR has always felt less forgiving than either of those two for me, but I could be wrong on that.

That said, all of them are less ideal than a 4 shot Magnum, in my opinion, but I would rather use pretty much any of the core precision weapons than the H5 BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't believe this is still picking up steam, I'm ecstatic.

PolyGoner

• Upvote (+1) 1

Burst fire is the main problem I have with it in comparison to the DMR (recon variant would be ideal, but is currently unavailable). Sweep for the head, less consistent damage at close range when people all have nasty strafe speeds, recoil allowing for generous headshots from aiming center mass at longer ranges. The LR has always felt less forgiving than either of those two for me, but I could be wrong on that.

That said, all of them are less ideal than a 4 shot Magnum, in my opinion, but I would rather use pretty much any of the core precision weapons than the H5 BR.

I mean some of my issue withe games last night may have been the fact that it was 5v5 instead of 4v4. Which made everything extra hectic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean some of my issue withe games last night may have been the fact that it was 5v5 instead of 4v4. Which made everything extra hectic.

those games were a clusterfuck lol. hard way was back smackin for days.

lol. H5's spawn system freaks out when it isn't 4v4.

Yeah at some point we probably should have just split the lobby.

I kinda sorta don't like 4v4 IMO, but that is a problem I have had with Halo in general. Not an exclusive feeling to these settings.

Alright guys, for those who have been enjoying playing my Reclaimer settings...

I now have updated V2 Reclaimer settings!

The Reclaimer settings have become very popular with the Classic Settings Teambeyond group so far.

Featuring a 4sk Magnum, that still allows %95 of H5's base weapon sandbox to have the same viable performance. (exceptions are the BR, DMR, and arguably Carbine, which all become OP)

Much faster movement and higher jumping that more than makes up for no Spartan Abilities and allows players to always be able to attack while simultaneously moving full speed.

Forge and even default H5 maps still play extremely well (better, in our opinion).

V2 changes:

Melee damage increased to %120 (was %100).

Now allows for 2-shot+melee kills with the 4sk Magnum. Slightly helps other weapons but nothing too much.

This is to allow the melees to keep up with the faster Magnum and movement, as well as reduce the power of double-melee(double-melee was a bit too powerful in comparison to shoot+melee, it triggered memories of default Reach's lack of melee bleedthrough).

Grenade settings altered:

Grenade blast radius reduced to %100 (was %120).

Grenade damage increased to %110 (was %100).

Similar to the melee changes, this is to hopefully reduce any issues with grenade spam, while at the same time dealing more damage for throwing them more accurately.

The new melee settings I am pretty much loving.

The new grenade settings are still being experimented with, and I have to see how this version feels before I make a more final decision on them.

How to obtain the V2 Reclaimer settings:

Search my GT (SMARTAN 427)

Look for gametypes under Files.

Download the following:

V2 Reclaimer TS

V2 Reclaimer FFA

V2 Reclaimer CTF

V2 Reclaimer Strongholds

Assault and Oddball settings will be available soon. Be patient, I will certainly prepare them for us!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm interested... any chance I could get added to the list? I'm mid-high diamond without too much grinding, but I'm not sure if everyone here is high Onyx or something lol.

anyways, GT: im pretty trash

Il go through and add everyone I missed to the list later today.

Remember to add other people from the list though. It's not much use if nobody does that.

I'm interested... any chance I could get added to the list? I'm mid-high diamond without too much grinding, but I'm not sure if everyone here is high Onyx or something lol.

Haha, I think I've matched you before. I recognize your tag.

Don't worry. The lobbies are really chill and easy going. Every lobby I've been in has everyone in the same chat just joking around and having fun.

The settings are so good compared to default that there's almost a therapeutic affect to playing lol.

I had a game where I went like 2-10 in a slayer and I literally had a smile on my face the entire game.

Ehh... Okay, I'm not going to lie, and I kind of mentioned this yesterday, this is what I mean by constantly changing the settings.. I don't think we needed to modify anything further. Melees felt great how they already were. This is me being 100% genuine, they felt great. It felt balanced amongst all the guns, I'm not just taking the pistol into consideration, I'm thinking about the balance of every gun in the sandbox. Now I feel like everything will result in melee deaths. I got PLENTY of kills yesterday with Melee via SMG, Pistol, AR, Light Rifle, etc... Everything felt like it hit the sweet spot. The melee buff (I've already played on 120% melee before in the past just f'ing around in customs), it's going to make the autos annoying again.

I say revert those changes back. Not sure about the grenades, but honestly they werent bad how they were. We don't need anymore changes tbh.

We now have a solid list of maps, both forge and default. The only thing we should be focusing on right now is just modifying the maps slightly. Particularly, weapon placement.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We now have a solid list of maps, both forge and default. The only thing we should be focusing on right now is just modifying the maps slightly. Particularly, weapon placement.

I think the only weapons that need to be removed are the BRs, DMRs, Railguns, and Hydra. Everything else is pretty good.

I think the only weapons that need to be removed are the BRs, DMRs, Railguns, and Hydra. Everything else is pretty good.

I agree with the BRs, of course.

What's wrong with the DMR? Isn't the DMR 4 shot?

Railguns are kind of annoying, we can talk. I would probably be in favor of removing it because of the fact that it's hitscan now.

What's wrong with the Hydra? Not my favorite gun in the game either but what's wrong with it? Every time someone used it on me during the matches I was able to mitigate the tracking by just making it hit a wall due to our movement speed. Like I said, I hate the gun too, but I'm also impartial. Don't want to remove anything for the sake of just removing it.

I'm in favor of removing splinter grenades as well, but that's just me.

BRS Ya. Everything else..why?

now i'm not up for removing anything just for the sake of, but if upping the damage means dmr becomes 3 shot, remove it. if that also means a one shot hydra, remove it. rail was already one shot at base so if splash damage gives you a kill, remove it. the problem with no indiv weapon tuning means guns become broken when you up the damage across the board. maybe if there wasn't hitscan and way too much AA some of these can stay but it is what it is.

Ehh... Okay, I'm not going to lie, and I kind of mentioned this yesterday, this is what I mean by constantly changing the settings.. I don't think we needed to modify anything further. Melees felt great how they already were. This is me being 100% genuine, they felt great. It felt balanced amongst all the guns, I'm not just taking the pistol into consideration, I'm taking every gun. Now I feel like everything will result in melee deaths. I got PLENTY of kills yesterday with Melee via SMG, Pistol, AR, Light Rifle, etc... Everything felt like it hit the sweet spot. The melee buff (I've already played on 120% melee before in the past just f'ing around in customs), it's going to make the autos annoying again.

I say revert those changes back. Not sure about the grenades, but honestly they werent bad how they were. We don't need anymore changes tbh.

We now have a solid list of maps, both forge and default. The only thing we should be focusing on right now is just modifying the maps slightly. Particularly, weapon placement.

I respect that opinion. Thats why I started out doing nothing with those ideas.

However, it was bugging me the past few days, and I would like to try it out. Melees felt smoother and more balanced overall, IMO.

Grenades are eh... IDK. They weren't bothering me too much. Mostly kind of an idea, I will admit that was probably an unnecessary change.

However, with those changes out of my system, I am pretty satisfied with the settings now.

The only other things that would happen now are just some obvious things:

Adding Assault and Oddball.

Map-specific gametype changes(like number of flags to cap).

Thats it.

Are you willing to at least give V2 a few days to see how it goes? I did so with the original settings I created.

After I get a feel for what everyone feels about it from playing the new version after a few days, I will either keep it or adjust it back, and rename the settings to something more official and final, ready to offer the gametypes as a fun alternative to Old School settings.

Once that happens I am not making changes big or small period.

And its only like one version away from happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

now i'm not up for removing anything just for the sake of, but if upping the damage means dmr becomes 3 shot, remove it. if that also means a one shot hydra, remove it. rail was already one shot at base so if splash damage gives you a kill, remove it. the problem with no indiv weapon tuning means guns become broken when you up the damage across the board. maybe if there wasn't hitscan and way too much AA some of these can stay but it is what it is.

Damage isn't upped. Shields are reduced and health is upped.

This effectively more than compensates for anything else that requires body shots to kill.

Unless it is a precision weapon (specific ones), everything is the same as default damage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the hydra kills in one shot just make it a rare tier 3 PW.

In all honest these settings need some powerful tier 3 PWS as sniper and rockets received natural nerfs due to how fast people are and how quickly the pistol kills.

I respect that opinion. Thats why I started out doing nothing with those ideas.

However, it was bugging me the past few days, and I would like to try it out. Melees felt smoother and more balanced overall, IMO.

Grenades are eh... IDK. They weren't bothering me too much. Mostly kind of an idea, I will admit that was probably an unnecessary change.

However, with those changes out of my system, I am pretty satisfied with the settings now.

The only other things that would happen now are just some obvious things:

Adding Assault and Oddball.

Map-specific gametype changes(like number of flags to cap).

Thats it.

Are you willing to at least give V2 a few days to see how it goes? I did so with the original settings I created.

After I get a feel for what everyone feels about it from playing the new version after a few days, I will either keep it or adjust it back, and rename the settings to something more official and final, ready to offer the gametypes as a fun alternative to Old School settings.

Once that happens I am not making changes big or small period.

And its only like one version away from happening.

Yeah man, I don't want you to think I'm wholeheartedly against any and all changes you make. I mean, when you originally proposed the 4sk and Jumping changes, I was against it at first. But after hearing about the changes (the numbers when you responded to me) and testing them myself, I wholeheartedly agree with these changes. 100% for the better. I think the BR start has it's positives, but 4sk magnum is so much better coinciding with the movement speed and all other changes.

However, these settings I'm actually pretty familiar with already because I've experimented with these melee damages before. There were many times during our session yesterday where I've either lost or won a CQC because I've either waited too long to melee, or didn't put enough bullets into them, and it felt like it was solely my fault. There were was one time in particular where OG Nick had started shooting me with the AR but he melee'd me slightly too soon and I ended up winning that fight with the Pistol. Vice versa, there was a time @@wow killed me because I did the exact same thing on Aquarius. With these changes, 20% is a lot of damage, which gives a buff to autos more than any other type of weapon. SMGs and ARs are just going to go back to being annoying up close because they just received a 20% buff; whereas they were already useful. 

I know previous Halo's had 2 shots and a melee for a kill, but we also have to keep in mind that the Pistol's RoF is a faster than the utility weapons in the past. 3 shots and the melee feels nice in comparison to the timing of the AR or SMG + melee.

The grenade changes I'm not really too adamant about because it sounds okay I suppose. However, if there's anyone who knows me like.. idk, @@Stoppabl3 for instance. He's known me for years and knows I bitch about grenades more than anything else in Halo lmao.. But that being said, like I mentioned earlier, I'm also impartial and the grenades didn't feel overpowered or anything; especially considering the movement speed. And it's just me thinking if I had to choose, I would choose the side that does less damage to me because I'm going to get hit by grenades regardless. We can test this stuff though; fair enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the hydra kills in one shot just make it a rare tier 3 PW.

In all honest these settings need some powerful tier 3 PWS as sniper and rockets received natural nerfs due to how fast people are and how quickly the pistol kills.

Railgun is just too easy honestly. There is no way to dodge it now. If you only gave it like 3 shots then maybe. As far as hydra is it a 1sk? If so then 1 clip on a tier 3 timer wouldn't be out of the question for me. But as a normal weapon I hate it because it's just free kills and you can spam it at the floor and murder people. Rockets are kinda weak but still very good. Fuel rod is really trash though.

I don't know what that leaves us with, but Warzone variants can be used if we want to try anything.

I haven't Played a map yet that used the rail gun with these settings.