Sign in to follow this  
Killmachine

Downtime, my first H5 map (and first in general)

Hey fellas, I'm an amateur forger, but I thought I'd share this here to get some feedback and to show off my map. Please don't think I'm someone like @a Chunk who is godly when it comes to competitive maps. I'm nowhere near that.

Downtime is primarily a 1v1 map focused on 3 power placements: camo, OS, and rockets, the holy trio. It's CE-inspired in terms of verticality and the idea of having power items placed in compromising locations.

Here are a few screenshots

MM5bFx8.jpg

AHxWXz2.jpg

xdgrWiw.jpg

130rkgb.jpg

VC2WZ6v.jpg

bMgTeh1.jpg

Appreciate any and all feedback, and special shout out to @@TheIcePrincess for giving me some confidence in my forging abilities lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

Appreciate any and all feedback, and special shout out to @@TheIcePrincess for giving me some confidence in my forging abilities lol

Really loving this map, still. I mean, when I played it, it just felt good to walk around, which isn't something one can say about many maps. When we 1v1, it's going to be hard to "play" on it and not just walk around.

Map looks pretty clean. Only thing I'm not so sure about is the rockets placement (maybe bottom of the room? Idk), I'll probably test this tonight but the only flaw I am noticing is you're using pads which means those weapons have a ton of ammo to them. I would suggest, at least when someone figures out how (idk if anyone knows yet) is to use drop spawns since you will be able to edit the amount of ammo because I think 4 rockets shots in a 1v1 would be too strong for a 1v1 and OS is really strong in this game as well. I think you should place some counters to OS like a Plasma Pistol or something

Also aesthetics wise, at least in the pic the blue room looks really dark if you ask me. General tip when it comes to making a map is to stick to a general theme for the map. For example one of my friends is making his map look similar to a space station sort of level (and its on the space forge area) and another is forging his map to look very sleek similar to a Halo 1 sort of level 

Either way, good try on your first level, if I can test it with someone I'll try to find the nooks and crannies of the map and try to break/abuse it to help you out

Map looks pretty clean. Only thing I'm not so sure about is the rockets placement (maybe bottom of the room? Idk), I'll probably test this tonight but the only flaw I am noticing is you're using pads which means those weapons have a ton of ammo to them. I would suggest, at least when someone figures out how (idk if anyone knows yet) is to use drop spawns since you will be able to edit the amount of ammo because I think 4 rockets shots in a 1v1 would be too strong for a 1v1 and OS is really strong in this game as well. I think you should place some counters to OS like a Plasma Pistol or something

Also aesthetics wise, at least in the pic the blue room looks really dark if you ask me. General tip when it comes to making a map is to stick to a general theme for the map. For example one of my friends is making his map look similar to a space station sort of level (and its on the space forge area) and another is forging his map to look very sleek similar to a Halo 1 sort of level 

Either way, good try on your first level, if I can test it with someone I'll try to find the nooks and crannies of the map and try to break/abuse it to help you out

Thank you!

Big reason I picked pads is to use static timers. I may have to change that. Please give feedback when you finish, it will definitely help!

This map has a great layout, feels like a classic map out of quake or ce. I feel like it should probably be bigger for the H5 sandbox though.

This map has a great layout, feels like a classic map out of quake or ce. I feel like it should probably be bigger for the H5 sandbox though.

Its made for legacy settings - no spartan abilities, magnum only starts

• Upvote (+1) 1

This looks very legit for your first map ever. You seem to have the right idea with the CE/Quake vibe.

Thank you! In hindsight, it kinda sucks. Needs to be smoother.