Sitri

INCREDIBLE HALO 5 FAN THEORY

So I was thinking tonight about the rhyming between the Halo and Star Wars, and I came to some conclusions. It dawned on me that the relationship between these two franchises is like poetry!

To start: both series had a pause between two trilogies, with the original trilogy typically hailed as the fan favorite and generally more quality one. The second trilogy has been designed with the wider audience in mind, while also being incredibly boring and confusing without reading up on the expanded universe.

Comparing two specific titles in each franchise: The Phantom Menace and Halo 4, both are hailed as the worst in the series and are also mostly irrelevant to the larger picture. To further this comparison, each introduced a character that people found incredibly annoying(Jar Jar, Palmer) that is generally hated, and is given less lines as the saga continues.

In the original Halo trilogy, the best game in the series is Halo 1: a game that had multiplayer designed by a man that didn't work on any of the later games in the series. In Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back was directed by Irvin Kershner, who didn't work on any of the later films. Empire is hailed as the greatest Star Wars film in the series, and possibly the greatest sequel of all time.

Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones removed much of what many Star Wars fans liked about the series, and adding in many plot points that nobody cared about. Halo 5: Guardians added in many mechanics that Halo fans didn't want in the first place.

Every frame is so dense. There's so much going on.

Del Rio is also Palpatine

Halo is Star Wars

Will Halo 6 truly be called Halo 66?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 7 will be developed by someone else.

Disney will buy Halo and get someone like CliffyB to make it

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo 7 will be developed by someone else.

(@@Sitri you a redlettermedia fan?)

Halo 4 was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Halo? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Reclaimer Saga is that it'll be around. Forever.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo is the perfect example of Gaming Sequelitis.

I don't think any other game series taken every level of that one single trope to its maximum. Sonic comes close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Halo? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Reclaimer Saga is that it'll be around. Forever.

3528w3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4 was the worst thing ever made by a human.

It's even worse than bagpipes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 was the worst thing ever made by a human.

It's even worse than bagpipes.

How hard it could be? Its like screwing up mashed potatoes.

You boil the water, put in the packet....

How hard it could be? Its like screwing up mashed potatoes.

You boil the water, put in the packet....

ALL I SAVED BY WAITING 10 YEARS AND BUYING HALO 5 OFF OF eBAY WAS -$0.32??!?!?

Nearly 2 months into Halo 5's release and I still haven't finished past the campaign. Why bother?

Well done 343. Due to the massive drop in quality I now no longer care for what used to be a fun past time.

Shame.