CyReN

Halo: Reach Is Now Backwards Compatible

Is campaign/firefight at least playable? Or do the framerate drops ruin that too?

Campaign was bad for me, thought I only tested it a few minutes just to see if there was any difference. Did not try firefight but I assume the same.

Is campaign/firefight at least playable?  Or do the framerate drops ruin that too?

Both are unplayable. Throw the co-op input lag in there and it's a recipe for disaster.

Holy crap this game plays like absolute shit on the Xbox One.

Half the textures don't load and the framerate is around 20fps +-5fps... And I love the microstutter that's going on.. "sigh"

Fuck me for expecting anything decent from this POS console and POS BC...

EDIT:After playing another game I can assure this is not 30fps, definitely below that. Also the minimum framerate is around 10fps and dips to that during lots of action (lots of grenades, particle effects) constantly.

Why does it feel like someone, somewhere at Microsoft despises Halo and wants to see it die a slow agonising death?

• Upvote (+1) 3

We are caring about Reach because......? All reach did when i played it was make me think "Wow, how did they not see that armor lock is terrible? Bungie has given up on Halo..." It didnt get decent until 343 took over and patched it, and by then it was too late.

Maybe it is a better game now, especially with custom gametypes that are easy to find in the new-fangled FULLY FUNCTIONAL FILE BROWSER, but its already left a sour taste in my mouth that i just can't get out

Because I can aim my gun in this game.

So Halo Wars will be next and then we can hear the "technical limitations don't allow us to make H3 backwards compatible" or "Halo 3 is alive and well on the MCC"

So Halo Wars will be next and then we can hear the "technical limitations don't allow us to make H3 backwards compatible" or "Halo 3 is alive and well on the MCC"

If Reach is this bad on the One, I cannot begin to think of how bad H3 would be if ported over (Pretty sure it won't be since its on MCC). But the netcode on H3 was god awful, and if that carried over the the One, then I think everyone's Xbox would implode on themselves. 

Gears 1 came out BC and they were making Gears UE. So no.

If Reach is this bad on the One, I cannot begin to think of how bad H3 would be if ported over (Pretty sure it won't be since its on MCC). But the netcode on H3 was god awful, and if that carried over the the One, then I think everyone's Xbox would implode on themselves. 

High chance Halo 3 will come over. Gears of War 1 was even though Ultimate Edition is available. Spartan Assault for 360 was brought in too, even though it's available on the X1.

Tried to play some games lastnight... Them 30fps, though... So brutal on the eyes. And what happened to the color & look of all the textures? Everything looks so messed up. Or am i just going crazy?? I was kind of excited for some V7 gameplay. But i don't know if i can play more then a couple games of this at a time, on the xbox one. Still got a 360 though, if the population spikes, i'll probably just play on that.

I literally think there is no way 343 or Xbox know how to fix the Frame rate on this port, its a shame I was really looking forward to this. Onto Black Ops 1 I guess 

• Upvote (+1) 1

wMpByR1.png

Not totally disagreeing, but v7 Reach was legitimately awesome. It's also the only Halo that I enjoyed BTB in as well, H2's being the only other decent one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can Fallout 3 run decent on the One while this runs like horseshit? 

I imagine they spent a lot of time on Fallout 3 because it was a pre-order incentive. 

Reach? Didn't have anything like that.

Tried to play some games lastnight... Them 30fps, though... So brutal on the eyes. And what happened to the color & look of all the textures? Everything looks so messed up. Or am i just going crazy?? I was kind of excited for some V7 gameplay. But i don't know if i can play more then a couple games of this at a time, on the xbox one. Still got a 360 though, if the population spikes, i'll probably just play on that.

Waited 1 hr for install...knew something was up right away when I loaded the game played two matches went absolutely ham reminded me off how much I loved v7 but decided even with how much I like it I couldnt play it on the shit port it was almost unbearable with vibration and the frame rate....xb1 went back in the box and back in the attack....such a shame that I basically don't play halo anymore Cuz Microsoft and associated companies can't seem to get anything decent

• Upvote (+1) 2

22k on reach right now..

More than h5? :lxthul:

And Invasion!

Nope they ruined it years ago when they added the forge world crap to it. I want to play Invasion Spire and Invasion Boneyard, that's it.

Also I'm surprised about the complains regarding fps drops, mine has been perfectly fine. Finally gave me a reason to turn on my xbox since the start of October.

• Upvote (+1) 1