CyReN

Halo: Reach Is Now Backwards Compatible

Not even close.

Can you elaborate? I'm watching streamers and it looks pretty solid. Is it lag? Graphically it looks good via an HD stream. I mean they seriously look like they're having some fun. I can't get on right now to try it since xbox live core services are currently broken. 

Well the maps look like shit, running lights don't turn on until you're right near them and then they pop in suddenly.

And I got all the DLC and even played on an Anniversary map... now it says I dunt have any of it.

What the fuck.

Well the maps look like shit, running lights don't turn on until you're right near them and then they pop in suddenly.

And I got all the DLC and even played on an Anniversary map... now it says I dunt have any of it.

What the fuck.

Xbox Live is F'd right now and probably the reason the DLC is missing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Okay I just played it and I can confirm what people here are saying: It's complete trash.

So yet another Halo hype train that crashes and burns. My newest tinfoil hat theory is that a higher up exec at Microsoft secretly hates Halo: H4, MCC, H5 and now this, it's like there's a secret plan going on to destroy the franchise once and for all  /tinfoil

But honestly, how the fuck did this ship, it's literally 20 FPS maximum and the input lag is horrendous.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah I just got done with an Infection match.

The graininess is even worse. It has this gross Screen Door effect. I mean Reach always had that going on but this is taking it to OG Xbox levels.

Can you elaborate? I'm watching streamers and it looks pretty solid. Is it lag? Graphically it looks good via an HD stream. I mean they seriously look like they're having some fun. I can't get on right now to try it since xbox live core services are currently broken. 

Textures on some maps just aren't there - Sword Base and Countdown most noticeably and the frame rate is terrible. Reach rarely ran at a solid 30fps and now with emulation thrown into the mix, it lingers in the 20 region. Very unplayable.

I can't play it but i'm watching someone play Reach and it looks beautiful. I mean there forge is still ugly and all that, but damn I miss the no sprint and honestly even the DMR. The zoom too...Sanctuary, idk i'm digging it. 

The reach in game lobby is so beautiful, how could 343 just not buil off of it

Gotta make everything their own. Maybe that was a stipulation to Microsoft getting the series from Bungie, must change EVERYTHING now matter how good or bad it was lol. 

Textures on some maps just aren't there - Sword Base and Countdown most noticeably and the frame rate is terrible. Reach rarely ran at a solid 30fps and now with emulation thrown into the mix, it lingers in the 20 region. Very unplayable.

Correct, feels like about 20fps ... I played on a wide variety of maps and they're all a complete mess.  I had about 2000 hours played in Reach but honestly playing it again, I remembered the annoying bits; thankfully I truly enjoy H5

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct, feels like about 20fps ... I played on a wide variety of maps and they're all a complete mess.  I had about 2000 hours played in Reach but honestly playing it again, I remembered the annoying bits; thankfully I truly enjoy H5

For me Reach always had dips to 20-25 fps so that seems to be working fine:P

Thanks for the update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'm going to sell my Xbox One.

I haven't played shit on it in a year. I've played maybe 10% of the Halo I would have if I still had a 360.

What a fucking waste.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't played shit on it in a year. I've played maybe 10% of the Halo I would have if I still had a 360.

What a fucking waste.

Just gonna throw this out there: OG Xbox. Mine should get here within a few weeks

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a fucking waste.

Same here this series has destroyed any hope I had for this console. Should of just bought my pc two years ago. Time to browse newegg.

Just gonna throw this out there: OG Xbox. Mine should get here within a few weeks

Yeah homie, 360 for Reach MM Anniversary Classic and OG for Xlink I guess? and I think I'll start doing LANs.

I'm old anyway, maybe I should have new things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The TU gametypes. Dont think ive seen a game where they kept the patched version along with the version they tried to improve on.

The general reaction for those who didn't want TU at the time:

I swear, some people in the Halo community are fucking hypocrites.

What the fuck.

I believe there were issues with other games and game saves, so I kinda assume DLC would work on this as well. You'd have to go to your 360 (assuming you have it) and move whatever was on it's hard drive onto the cloud. You can then access DLC and game saves for your main account on the X1 via the cloud.

I believe there were issues with other games and game saves, so I kinda assume DLC would work on this as well. You'd have to go to your 360 (assuming you have it) and move whatever was on it's hard drive onto the cloud. You can then access DLC and game saves for your main account on the X1 via the cloud.

No I mean I had already played it on the X1, then it stopped working.

No I mean I had already played it on the X1, then it stopped working.

I can't explain why it's happening but it happened to me with Doom. I had my game saves on X1 then all of a sudden it was gone. So I really should have tried my own suggestion here but never got around to it.

Just get a PS4. Play Bloodborne/Souls games. Get a gaming PC. I swear if my Xbox was the centerpiece of my gaming hobby I'd be upset with it 24/7.

• Upvote (+1) 1