CyReN

Halo: Reach Is Now Backwards Compatible

Regardless, don't expect a fix anytime soon. If there is one then man oh man will I be surprised, but it sounds like from my sources that if they find issues, they'll fix them. The issue is finding them as odd as it sounds. Also, if there are normal 360 campaign missions that experienced frame rate drops, those will exist on the X1 as well.

Sucks honestly. I have quite a few backwards compatible games that I really want to thrive so I've really looked into this emulation stuff. It just doesn't look good in the near future.

The issues are easy to find. Just play a few games of matchmaking and they'll definitely run into massive frame drops and experience input lag. I've heard that games from the first batch of BC games, such as Gears of War, have had similar issues and have already been patched. Not sure how much improved they are post-patch, because I don't play those games. But they were quick with those patches, so hopefully a patch for Reach is coming soon.

Hopefully there'll be a patch, Reach is probably the only Halo I'll play now.

Same here. There will be a patch, it's just a matter of time. I'm just worried that the patch won't improve it enough to be on par with the 360 version. If not, I'll just stick with the 360.

Reach is probably the only Halo I'll play now.

Same here.

Interesting, can I ask why?

Do ye play campaign and firefight or did ye like the multiplayer? 

Interesting, can I ask why?

Do ye play campaign and firefight or did ye like the multiplayer? 

Probably because it's the most feature-complete Halo game. I can't speak for others but I can certainly understand not wanting to play MCC because of the issues, Halo 4 because... Well... Halo 4, and Halo 5 because of its incompleteness and lack of identity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably because it's the most feature-complete Halo game. I can't speak for others but I can certainly understand not wanting to play MCC because of the issues, Halo 4 because... Well... Halo 4, and Halo 5 because of its incompleteness and lack of identity.

Yep same for me. There's just so many options for game types and it doesn't seem to matter what I choose I can find a game fairly quick. And honestly, I'd choose a Halo Reach over Halo 5 even with frame rate issues. I don't hate Halo 5, but man it's not even in the same ballpark when it comes to content when compared to Halo Reach. I hope there's a frame rate fix in the works, but if not, I'll just deal with it until Halo 5 has similar content as Reach.

Yep same for me. There's just so many options for game types and it doesn't seem to matter what I choose I can find a game fairly quick. And honestly, I'd choose a Halo Reach over Halo 5 even with frame rate issues. I don't hate Halo 5, but man it's not even in the same ballpark when it comes to content when compared to Halo Reach. I hope there's a frame rate fix in the works, but if not, I'll just deal with it until Halo 5 has similar content as Reach.

What's sad is that we'd rather play Halo Reach at like 15 FPS(or whatever the average is on Xbone) than Halo 5 at 60 FPS. Thankfully, I can still play on my 360.

@@Brad Pitt

how long into playing did you make the switch from the game being completely fine and not experiencing any issues, to now claiming the same frame drops that everyone else experienced? What ended up switching your mind?

@@Brad Pitt

how long into playing did you make the switch from the game being completely fine and not experiencing any issues, to now claiming the same frame drops that everyone else experienced? What ended up switching your mind?

I think I just got caught up in the excitement of being able to stream the game. I feel like an idiot for making those initial posts and had only played about a handful of games before writing them. I started to notice the huge frame rate and input lag issues later on that day as I continued to play. I kept playing for a couple days after, but it was compromising my gameplay and in many situations, I was dying in fights that I would have easily won on the 360, so I just went back to the 360 version.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there has been an update, I honestly, can not tell the difference 

Edit: Actually, playing BTB for half a game there has actually made my sight go all weird.

Just the emulator was updated. Framerate's still shite and input still laggy.

I think I just got caught up in the excitement of being able to stream the game. I feel like an idiot for making those initial posts and had only played about a handful of games before writing them. I started to notice the huge frame rate and input lag issues later on that day as I continued to play. I kept playing for a couple days after, but it was compromising my gameplay and in many situations, I was dying in fights that I would have easily won on the 360, so I just went back to the 360 version.

If the FPS on the Xbox One isn't a perfect match to the 360 version, why play on the Xbox One at all if you have a 360 still?

If the FPS on the Xbox One isn't a perfect match to the 360 version, why play on the Xbox One at all if you have a 360 still?

So I can stream it on Twitch.

FYI just fired up Reach and got a a notification that Halo Reach needs an update (732 MB update). No idea what it's for but downloading now. Hope a frame rate fix.

I played a game and oddly enough the frame rate seemed even worse. I'm going to try again though.

Edit: Played one more game and it's either just as bad or worse. Back to the 360 version for me.

Performance feels exactly the same. Campaign still runs at slow motion in some sections.

:/

Uninstall Reach and reinstall in order for the update to work. It's not perfect, but a lot better than before. They also fixed the shading back to what it was on the 360.

Uninstall Reach and reinstall in order for the update to work. It's not perfect, but a lot better than before. They also fixed the shading back to what it was on the 360.

Even if I've actually downloaded the update, I still need to re-install?

Even if I've actually downloaded the update, I still need to re-install?

Yes. When you reinstall, it'll include the update as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes. When you reinstall, it'll include the update as well.

Gotcha. Reinstalling now. Will report findings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MP feels a lot better. Campaign still runs like poo.

Lighting/shading on Countdown, Sword Base and the Pillar of Autumn are fixed too.

• Upvote (+1) 1