CyReN

Halo: Reach Is Now Backwards Compatible

Sure. 

This section of the Campaign was always rough on the frame rate on the 360 but the emulator makes it play like slow motion on the One.

Shit.

Goldeneye on my fucking Wii64 emulator runs better. 

I used to play a lot of the Anniversary classic playlist on Halo Reach. Does anyone know if there's a way to play that playlist reverse compatible on the xbone? It would be nice if there was a way to dl the DLC for that playlist.

I used to play a lot of the Anniversary classic playlist on Halo Reach. Does anyone know if there's a way to play that playlist reverse compatible on the xbone? It would be nice if there was a way to dl the DLC for that playlist.

Yes. If you own the DLC, you will just be able to download it when you load up Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can they even put it out in this condition? Its unplayable.

Thanks for saving me from wasting my time trying it.

Thanks for saving me from wasting my time trying it.

You know on Halo 3 when you destroy scarabs in campaign and the frame rate drops loads because it can't handle the explosion? It's basically that all the time, the blur effect Reach has really doesn't help either. 

You know on Halo 3 when you destroy scarabs in campaign and the frame rate drops loads because it can't handle the explosion? It's basically that all the time, the blur effect Reach has really doesn't help either.

never had that problem, never really had frame rate issues.

never had that problem, never really had frame rate issues.

For Reach on XB1?

The game literally never runs at 30.

For Reach on XB1?

The game literally never runs at 30.

no explosions messing with the frame rate in halo 3, that game ran fine for me, but since you bring up reach, the only time I ever had fps problems in that game was when I overloaded forge world. On the xb1 though, reach is running at like half the framerate it ran on the 360 for me.

no explosions messing with the frame rate in halo 3, that game ran fine for me, but since you bring up reach, the only time I ever had fps problems in that game was when I overloaded forge world. On the xb1 though, reach is running at like half the framerate it ran on the 360 for me.

In H3 it's literally for a couple seconds if you look at an exploding scarab. Other than that only overloading forge maps will cause FPS drops. (and apparently firebomb grenades that's why they were never used in MM)

Reach had fundamental FPS problems, half the disk maps and most forge maps had frame rate issues. Not always, not huge drops, but to me they were really annoying.

In H3 it's literally for a couple seconds if you look at an exploding scarab. Other than that only overloading forge maps will cause FPS drops. (and apparently firebomb grenades that's why they were never used in MM)

Reach had fundamental FPS problems, half the disk maps and most forge maps had frame rate issues. Not always, not huge drops, but to me they were really annoying.

yeah see, I never got drops in either game often, even when forging big invasion maps or just smaller 4v4 maps, the only thing that bugged me about the visuals for reach was the over the top motion blur filter they used, Arkham knight has a similar problem.

I guess I'm just lucky, or I just don't notice it, then again I played gmod on 15 fps for a while before upgrading, and I wanted to shoot myself.

I'm glad media/Reddit is paying attention to this and hopefully leads to Reach getting patched like Gears 1,2,3 did.

hopefully MS can start fixing the emulator before Black Ops 1 and hopefully Mortal Kombat 9 become backwards compatible

I bought the reach disc for my xb1 and the graphics are fine except when I turn the graphics get really grainy and blurry. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Microsoft has told Kotaku they’re aware of Halo: Reach’s frame rate problems. “We’re aware some users are experiencing issues playing Halo: Reach via Xbox One Backward Compatibility,” said a spokesperson. “The Xbox engineering team is currently looking into the issues and are working to address them.”

Source: http://kotaku.com/microsoft-has-told-kotaku-they-re-aware-of-halo-reach-1750130089

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's good that they're at least looking into it. Obviously it promises absolutely nothing but it's good that they at least acknowledge for people who care about that game.

"We’re aware some users are experiencing issues playing Halo: Reach via Xbox One Backward Compatibility,” said a spokesperson"

So tired of crap like this - like the problem is only w some people (code for they have bad Internet). It's MS's emulator/X1 that's the problem - just own it that it's a systemic problem and you will fix it. Do public relations departments really think transparently lying, repeatedly, is an effective way of dealing with people?

• Upvote (+1) 4

"We’re aware some users are experiencing issues playing Halo: Reach via Xbox One Backward Compatibility,” said a spokesperson"

So tired of crap like this - like the problem is only w some people (code for they have bad Internet). It's MS's emulator/X1 that's the problem - just own it that it's a systemic problem and you will fix it. Do public relations departments really think transparently lying, repeatedly, is an effective way of dealing with people?

Is that really a question after mcc?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That statement pissed me off too. It's not "some", it's everyone because everyone has the same crappy emulated version. The frame rate is horrendous, as well as the input lag. I tried putting up with it because I wanted to stream the game, but had to go back to the 360 because it was compromising my gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would you guys rather prefer that statement? Or would you rather hear that they've spent a ton of time over the last few weeks looking into the data, ran tests and that they havent been able to reproduce the issues that people are having? Would that level of honesty be any better? Or would you guys just complain that they're incompetent?

Regardless, don't expect a fix anytime soon. If there is one then man oh man will I be surprised, but it sounds like from my sources that if they find issues, they'll fix them. The issue is finding them as odd as it sounds. Also, if there are normal 360 campaign missions that experienced frame rate drops, those will exist on the X1 as well.

Sucks honestly. I have quite a few backwards compatible games that I really want to thrive so I've really looked into this emulation stuff. It just doesn't look good in the near future.