CyReN

Halo: Reach Is Now Backwards Compatible

http://majornelson.com/2015/12/17/here-are-the-new-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-titles-playable-today/?linkId=19664493

What’s more, hot off the heels of the Halo 5: Guardians launch and theHalo World Championship kickoff on Dec. 6, Halo fans can dive even deeper into the Halo universe as Halo: Reach is among the titles added to the catalog this month. The game showcases the power of Xbox One Backward Compatibility, bringing exciting storylines and gameplay from fan favorites onto one console. Today, Halo: Reach will join Halo 5: Guardians, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo: Spartan Assault on Xbox One.

So how do you even get access to backwards compatible games? I'm looking at the store on Xbox One and all it says is "Bundle only".

Actually excited to play the Campaign and Firefight again.

So how do you even get access to backwards compatible games? I'm looking at the store on Xbox One and all it says is "Bundle only".

Go to your My Games and App, scroll to the right on Games and it should pop up on Ready to Install.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go to your My Games and App, scroll to the right on Games and it should pop up on Ready to Install.

Is it safe to assume I need to hook up the 360 and sign in/get on the game for it to work, or can I just pop a Reach disc in the One? Because it's not there.

Haven't dealt with backwards comp before this, so sorry for the basic questions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it safe to assume I need to hook up the 360 and sign in/get on the game for it to work, or can I just pop a Reach disc in the One? Because it's not there.

Haven't dealt with backwards comp before this, so sorry for the basic questions.

It'll pop up if you own it or put the disc in the X1. No need to turn on the 360.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'll pop up if you own it or put the disc in the X1. No need to turn on the 360.

Also, it takes a while longer for the disc version to show up 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know two people that are excited for this...

• Upvote (+1) 2

*ah hem*

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!

MLG v7, here I come!

• Upvote (+1) 9

Welp back to V7 I go. I don't have all the reach dlc though which sucks

DLC for Reach is free.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So awesome it just showed up as ready to install. Installing now and it's moving very slow. I'm guessing the sever that holds that game is getting hammered.

Already downloaded and playing now (: playing snipers right now if anyone wants to play. I'll play anything GT is same as my username.

With the convenient full file browser and file sharing system that Halo 5 doesn't have you can easily look up a file by tags, author, or popularity; for MLG game modes, you can just look up the files of the gamertag called "MLG Gametypes" using the File Share search feature under new custom search. It contains the last gametypes MLG used.

Thanks! Damn, what an amazing feature a fully functional file browsing system is! Imagine, since this game was made in like 2010, what future Halo titles will do to expand on this! Oh wait...
  • Upvote (+1) 3