Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

Seems like I'm one of the only ones who kept it the same. However I wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I set them both to 4% and see alittle bit of a difference but not that much. 

Yeah thats what i have been running too.  The problem i am having is that i play on 2 different screens.  Sometimes on a 37" TV and sometimes on a 24" Monitor.  I greatly prefer the monitor but sometimes i dont have a choice in the matter....

Anybody have that experience where they need to use different settings for different screen setups?

I would say just ignore the 37" monitor. No matter what settings you put on it will feel different (sluggish) due to the inevitable input lag of such a large display. You can't fix this by changing sensitivity.

Ended up on 4 sens, 1 accel, and zeroed both deadzones. It's not H1, but at least I feel more in control of my aiming now.

I believe I found settings to me that feel similar to classic Halo on high sensitivities, the issue is you need an elite controller. The elite controller allows you to actually change the sensitivity curve, or what I thought Halo's aim acceleration would effect. They give you default, delayed, aggressive, instant and smooth sensitivity curves.

When the game came out I was on 10 sensitivity. With the aim accel update I went to 10 sens 5 accleration. Now that I have the elite controller I was torn between two different settings.

5/6 Sensitivity, 5 acceleration, aggressive sensitivity curve, stock analog sticks. This to me ended up feeling closer towards classic Halos. I don't people will be able to get close with just the deadzones and aim acceleration.

Regardless, I changed my settings back to 10 sens, 5 accelration, smooth sensitivity curve, and a raised analog stick. Aiming in Halo 5 has never felt better for me right now.

On the topic of the Elite controller, got super lucky and snagged one from a local GameStop 2 days ago.

What do you guys use on your Elite setups? I took off the longer paddles and left the top ones on. I normally play on bumper jumper so I've mapped right on the D-pad to the top left paddle and then mapped X to the top right paddle. So I can switch grenades and thrust. Haven't played with the thumbsticks at all though. I normally play on 4 sens 1 accel and it feels great so I don't think I want to mess with it at all.

On the topic of the Elite controller, got super lucky and snagged one from a local GameStop 2 days ago.

What do you guys use on your Elite setups? I took off the longer paddles and left the top ones on. I normally play on bumper jumper so I've mapped right on the D-pad to the top left paddle and then mapped X to the top right paddle. So I can switch grenades and thrust. Haven't played with the thumbsticks at all though. I normally play on 4 sens 1 accel and it feels great so I don't think I want to mess with it at all.

I went into the thumbstick settings through the accessories app and actually liked some of the settings in there for the right thumbstick. There is one setting called Smooth which helped a lot. It makes my 3 aim sens feel like 3.5 which is perfect.

I use the short paddles as well, and since I've played default forever, I moved A to my left paddle and B to my right paddle so I've got jump and thrust on them. Takes some getting used to.

I ended up choosing Halo 4's control scheme and clawed. So A is jump and B is crouch, Thrust is LT, Melee RB. I've tried a few paddle set ups but I think I'm settling with the two paddles you use, the upper left and right. My left is set to A, which is jump, and right is set to B which is crouch. You can change quite a bit with this controller but honestly you may drive yourself crazy finding an optimal setting. I find that the "smooth" sensitivity curve helps me out on my higher sensitivity, along with the raised stick. It has a rather weird curve compared to any other curve I've seen so I can't fully explain how it functions.

I'm having some difficulties with the muscle memory of which button is which, but my biggest problem right now is my pointer finger just doesn't know what to do with itself. My middle finger feels incredibly heavy after a decade of it being used to fire weapons on trigger. Now I'm afraid I'm going to break the paddle.

Yeah thats what i have been running too. The problem i am having is that i play on 2 different screens. Sometimes on a 37" TV and sometimes on a 24" Monitor. I greatly prefer the monitor but sometimes i dont have a choice in the matter....

Anybody have that experience where they need to use different settings for different screen setups?

I'd be honest I wouldn't play on anything except a monitor with a similar response time to the competitive ones used. Even presented with a chance to play on a TV I probably wouldn't lol

I ended up choosing Halo 4's control scheme and clawed. So A is jump and B is crouch, Thrust is LT, Melee RB. I've tried a few paddle set ups but I think I'm settling with the two paddles you use, the upper left and right. My left is set to A, which is jump, and right is set to B which is crouch. You can change quite a bit with this controller but honestly you may drive yourself crazy finding an optimal setting. I find that the "smooth" sensitivity curve helps me out on my higher sensitivity, along with the raised stick. It has a rather weird curve compared to any other curve I've seen so I can't fully explain how it functions.

I'm having some difficulties with the muscle memory of which button is which, but my biggest problem right now is my pointer finger just doesn't know what to do with itself. My middle finger feels incredibly heavy after a decade of it being used to fire weapons on trigger. Now I'm afraid I'm going to break the paddle.

Yeah honestly my worry is that too many options might drive me crazy. I have a scuf and am happy with it but have wanted to try an elite. Figure I might as well not try to fix what isn't broken

What's dead zone?

A dead zone is a zone around the analog sticks centre, while the analog stick is moved within the dead zone no info will be sent, and thus, you wont move. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Teapot what sens do you play on in h1? Just curious based on the settings you're using now

when I left off XBC it was 5, had it on 6 during the last LAN I attended. On MCC though I think I had it on 7 or 8. Every other game on MCC was on 10.

I think what I settled with right now feels good for me but it doesn't exactly feel like classic aiming. The other option I considered was using a lower sensitivity and switching the sensitivity curve to aggressive. It felt closer towards my experience with Halo CE and 2 on OG.

I run 5 sens on H1, 4 in every other Halo game. For H5 I've been most comfortable with 4 sens, 5 aim accel, 0 inner, 2 outer. 

Does anyone know what most pros use? Is there a unanimous setting for a particular thing? i.e. - Everyone uses 5 accel or everyone uses 10% outer? 

Just curious what most pros use. 

I'm having a sensitivity crisis at the moment. 

I've played 3-4 on every halo. Never really a right stick aimer, suggestions? Been playing on 4 sens 2 accel 0 inner 12 outer and it worked well for a while but now I feel like I can't shoot a thing. 

HALP!

Does anyone know what most pros use? Is there a unanimous setting for a particular thing? i.e. - Everyone uses 5 accel or everyone uses 10% outer?

Just curious what most pros use.

I'm having a sensitivity crisis at the moment.

I've played 3-4 on every halo. Never really a right stick aimer, suggestions? Been playing on 4 sens 2 accel 0 inner 12 outer and it worked well for a while but now I feel like I can't shoot a thing.

HALP!

Pros are all over the place with what they use.

Though you say you don't aim much with right stick, so would you say you are more of a smooth guy than a twitchy guy? Roy has a smooth aiming style and he plays 3 sens 5 accel. In my experience 3 sens 5 accel feels similar to H2A aiming, though I eventually settled on 4 sens 1 accel.

Though you say you don't aim much with right stick, so would you say you are more of a smooth guy than a twitchy guy? Roy has a smooth aiming style and he plays 3 sens 5 accel. In my experience 3 sens 5 accel feels similar to H2A aiming, though I eventually settled on 4 sens 1 accel.

Definitely more of a smooth shooter, I have always been the left stick aimer I think lol 

Is that 3 and 5 with deadzones at zero?

Is that 3 and 5 with deadzones at zero?

Deadzones are going to depend on your controller and if it has slow turn or not.  

I would say just ignore the 37" monitor. No matter what settings you put on it will feel different (sluggish) due to the inevitable input lag of such a large display. You can't fix this by changing sensitivity.

Normally I would agree with you, but not in this case.  My TV is from the XXLD450 series of LG tv's.  The only factors I even considered when buying my TV was input lag (16 ms) and response time (4 ms).  This TV was hands down the winner and is only marginally worse than my Monitor (11 ms input lag, 4 ms response time).  I cant see 5 ms extra making a difference considering its still under 1 frame of lag.

The only way i have found to make it "feel" right is to sit so far away that the TV actually takes up less of my 'vision space' than when i play on a monitor.  But being slightly nearsighted, this causes other problems....

Oh the conundrum of being a family man with only one xbox and one TV.  First world problems....