Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

They really need to fix this aiming, something is still so off. Whatever happened from beta to final release messed it up so bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They really need to fix this aiming, something is still so off. Whatever happened from beta to final release messed it up so bad. 

I'm actually surprised they didn't just totally swap the current aiming system, and then put in the one in The Beta(yet kept the new options).

I'm actually surprised they didn't just totally swap the current aiming system, and then put in the one in The Beta(yet kept the new options).

Couple reason probably. Casuals would complain and they are stubborn. 

Meh, casuals can't aim anyway. :kappa:

Lol.  I know that was tongue-in-cheek, but i think you're right.  Casuals wouldn't even notice.

Although, I played last night on 3/5/0/0 and it was pretty good so i think i'm going to stick with that.  But i still remember the beta being so fucking smooth, though that was a year ago at this point...

Wouldn't beta aiming be a case of leaving the deadzones as default and going for 2 look accel? That's what 343 claim anyway?.

They added the velocity jumps post beta. So while the "aim accel" might be the same value as beta as long as the velocity jumps remain present it will never feel the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They added the velocity jumps post beta. So while the "aim accel" might be the same value as beta as long as the velocity jumps remain present it will never feel the same.

Oh i see i still can't settle on some good settings its starting to bug me.

Oh! Someone who knows about the Jump Velocity! Where did you find out about this?

Sense: sometimes 7 sometimes 9

Acceleration: 5

Dead zones are both 0%

:O that sounds pretty hard muscle memory wise to switch to different sens normally. I've generally been hearing high sens players use low accel, how has this setup been working for you?

Have FINALLY found settings to make the aiming feel more comfortable.. 3 sensitivity 2 acceleration 0 on both deadzones

:O that sounds pretty hard muscle memory wise to switch to different sens normally. I've generally been hearing high sens players use low accel, how has this setup been working for you?

I've never liked playing low sense sensitivity and I've pretty always prefered 7 and up in any fps i played. My accuracy is average though imo it feels more like past halos to me.

I can't believe that they changed this aiming system from the Beta. It broke the game for me, but finally I can know aim 60% of the time.   

H5Beta- 4Sen

H5- 7Sen

H5 Patch- 6Sen 5Acc. and 0 on both dead zones, if I could go to 6 on acc. I would. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh! Someone who knows about the Jump Velocity! Where did you find out about this?

I originally noticed it when just trying to find a sensitivity that felt right when the game first came out. If you slowly press the stick straight horizontal it is quite noticeable when you hit a certain point your reticle jumps quickly. That being said it has been noted and linked to on this forum a few times from the xim guys that it can be observed using their hardware as well. http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0

Here is a partial map of the stick positions where you jump in turn velocity by 2.34x. For example, if you are aiming at someone and you happen to be at 32336,0 and you accidentally nudge the stick to 32337,0 then your reticle will suddenly jump by over 2 times the speed you were just turning at. Even worse, it'll accelerate to that 2.34x speed over ~1 second. Unless you have incredible muscle memory, how could any gamer reliably know where that point is?

This velocity jump is what the aim acceleration option in games changes. The speed at which your velocity jump hits its max state.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I originally noticed it when just trying to find a sensitivity that felt right when the game first came out. If you slowly press the stick straight horizontal it is quite noticeable when you hit a certain point your reticle jumps quickly. That being said it has been noted and linked to on this forum a few times from the xim guys that it can be observed using their hardware as well. http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0

This velocity jump is what the aim acceleration option in games changes. The speed at which your velocity jump hits its max state.

What settings would you recommend for smooth gameplay? or as smooth as it can get lol

Also merry xmas everybody

What settings would you recommend for smooth gameplay? or as smooth as it can get lol

Also merry xmas everybody

I think if you want a smooth experience you should run a low aim acceleration setting. Feels very smooth to me. No random jerk of my reticle.

3 sens, 5 accel, 0% inner, 12% outer.

A higher % on the outer deadzone would amplify the aim acceleration, correct? Cause you don't have to have your thumbstick all the way to the edge.

Just been reading some of the earlier posts about acceleration i always thought acceleration is about the accelerating speed with which you turn you know when you hit turning speed that this is where the acceleration occurs. I only notice faster acceleration when i put it up upon hitting Do they call it pegged state is it?.

I've settled on 4 sens and 5 aim accel. Feels fantastic been playing all week with these settings.

0/0 deadzone

Anyone found something similar to older Halo yet? Halo 2/3 I mean. 

No particularly "scientific" research behind this, but here is my experience summed up in a few bullet points:

• I have been on 5 sens in H1/H2 etc. for years.
  • When H5 came out I chose 5 sense there as well, but always felt the aiming was off. Both before and after the "fix". Hard to explain, but it felt like I always overcorrected. It was just very sluggish.
  • When we got the granular controls I first though acceleration was the issue, but no. Going from 3->2 acceleration (revert to Beta) did not do it for me. It just made extreme stick positioning/turning too slow
  • By chance I later adjusted the inner deadzone, and that was the key for me! Going from 12% to 6% inner deadzone, still with 5 sens, leaving everything else at default. With this I can go from H1 (MCC) to H5 without noticing any particular difference.

I see quite a few others reporting that adjusting deadzone helps. But I think many are overdoing it by going straight to 0%. Remember that past Halo games have always had deadzones. If you want to emulate past games you should try to match their deadzone setting.

Not sure if my settings for inner deadzone will give good results for every sensitivity setting, though. I suspect that a change in sensitivity on the older games also affected acceleration and/or deadzones. Thus your mileage may vary if you do not use 5 sensitivity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are going to drive yourselves crazy with this. Find 2 maybe 3 setups that feel pretty good for you and practice to figure out which is best. I would highly recommend using the octagon and running each setup an entire round without changing. I run 3 sens 5 acceleration 0% both deadzones and after a day I'd say it's my perfect fit. When I got 17 perfects in the octagon and my friend said no one's ever gotten close to that manu (also 78% accuracy) I'd say it's a great place to start if not confirms it's my perfect setup. I'll add that my sens in previous halos has always been around 3 or 4.

You guys are going to drive yourselves crazy with this. Find 2 maybe 3 setups that feel pretty good for you and practice to figure out which is best. I would highly recommend using the octagon and running each setup an entire round without changing. I run 3 sens 5 acceleration 0% both deadzones and after a day I'd say it's my perfect fit. When I got 17 perfects in the octagon and my friend said no one's ever gotten close to that manu (also 78% accuracy) I'd say it's a great place to start if not confirms it's my perfect setup. I'll add that my sens in previous halos has always been around 3 or 4.

Yeah thats what i have been running too.  The problem i am having is that i play on 2 different screens.  Sometimes on a 37" TV and sometimes on a 24" Monitor.  I greatly prefer the monitor but sometimes i dont have a choice in the matter....

Anybody have that experience where they need to use different settings for different screen setups?

Edit:  Not sure why i got neg'd here, but sure...

• Downvote (-1) 1