Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

4 sens, 2 acceleration, 0% both dead zones.

Played a good 5 hours today on those settings, found it to be the smoothest settings for my controller.

6 sens, 2 accelleration, 0% inner dead zone, 2% outer dead zone (can't risk slow turns! :wutface: )

Maybe I should lower my sens a bit, but for the moment it's working just fine for me.

I played around with a few and this is what I'm set on atm -

Sensitivity - 2

Aim Acceration - 5

Inner Deadzone - 0

Outer Deadzone - 3

Although this feels better. Something definitely still feels off.

I played around with a few and this is what I'm set on atm -

Sensitivity - 2

Aim Acceration - 5

Inner Deadzone - 0

Outer Deadzone - 3

Although this feels better. Something definitely still feels off.

Any sensitivity under 3 is too slow. You should stick to your sensitivity you were on pre-patch and just adjust your acceleration on which ever feels best for you.

Any sensitivity under 3 is too slow. You should stick to your sensitivity you were on pre-patch and just adjust your acceleration on which ever feels best for you.

feels to slow for you or are you saying just in general? Because I am playing 2 and 5 accel and as Jawshee post stated, this is okay because of the high accel. It feels like I can turn around quick enough while have a steady shot. Again, this is all really personal because not everyone has the same controller.

Wouldn't it be best to have 0 aim acceleration? I'm in college right now and I can't test the new settings.

Only if you have a high sens.

7 sens, 1 acceleration, inner deadzone 1%, outer deadzone 15%

Before patch, 7 sens.

Previous Halo games, 5 on 360, 4 on Xb1.

Why so many people using a low accel? isn't it more strategic to use max accel so you can use a lower sensitivity while still being able to turn around fast? Or am I missing something here?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why so many people using a low accel? isn't it more strategic to use max accel so you can use a lower sensitivity while still being able to turn around fast? Or am I missing something here?

higher sens with low accel is good, lower sens with higher accel good is what I generally hear

• Upvote (+1) 4

feels to slow for you or are you saying just in general? Because I am playing 2 and 5 accel and as Jawshee post stated, this is okay because of the high accel. It feels like I can turn around quick enough while have a steady shot. Again, this is all really personal because not everyone has the same controller.

Feels way slow for me. It's probably because I've never had a sensitivity under 4 before. I've always been use to 4-5. 

Feels way slow for me. It's probably because I've never had a sensitivity under 4 before. I've always been use to 4-5. 

I can play anywhere from 2 to 6, give or take. It will take time adjusting to whatever sense I decide to play, but those are the sensitivities that I played on before in different games.

I just cant find the setting that works best for me.  My accuracy has taken a dive and no matter what settings I try it just doesnt feel right.

Maybe I'm playing with them too much, but I cant get it down.

Aiming is one of my least favorite things about H5; it has been a little better w 3 sens 5 accel 00 dead zones but I still don't like it. Does anyone have a setting that feels like a legit fix, feels like precious Halo's? My accuracy is fine mid/long range but I still can't handle a close encounter w anything like the alacrity I could in previous Halo's. I hope this isn't the end of aim-gate.

I seem to have settled on sense 4, accel 1.  I keep switching it up because both 5 sense, 1 accel. and 3 sense, 5 accel "Feel" better when just running around, but my shot seems best with 4/1.  I'm sure i'll get used to it for just moving around too.

Now my main problem is that i have to use the face buttons for reloading, sprinting and throwing grenades.  Maybe i'll pick up an Elite controller....

I just cant find the setting that works best for me. My accuracy has taken a dive and no matter what settings I try it just doesnt feel right.

Maybe I'm playing with them too much, but I cant get it down.

Its not you, the games base aiming mechanics are trash
  • Upvote (+1) 3

@@Pyroteq I saw a few posts by you saying about how console shooters NEED aim acceleration, and while I agree that it helps immensely for a lot of players, I still figured you were wrong and that most people would opt for acceleration 5. (not that this is even close to no acceleration) I was completely wrong!

Can someone give me a quick explanation of outer deadzones, and why they might be good?  I know for sure that I want 0% inner deadzones, and I'm liking 5 accel way more than 1, but I've been using 0% outer and haven't played around with it at all.  Is it worth my time?  What does it do for you?

Can someone give me a quick explanation of outer deadzones, and why they might be good?  I know for sure that I want 0% inner deadzones, and I'm liking 5 accel way more than 1, but I've been using 0% outer and haven't played around with it at all.  Is it worth my time?  What does it do for you?

Some controllers have slow turn where even though the stick is at the edge, it's not doing a full registration. Outer deadzones address that problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 sens

2 accel

0% inner deadzones

15% outer deadzones

My controller is pretty bad, even with max outer deadzones I still get slow turn.  :wutface:

Recently switched to 3 sens 5 accel and loving it. Inner deadzone 2% outer deadzone 10% on default controller. 

Ace and Roy were also on 3 sens 5 accel last I checked.

It's also preference. Ask yourself this: when do you want the game to register a full peg so you can hit top aiming speed? If you only want a full peg when you're ACTUALLY physically pegging all the way, then keep your outer deadzone % to 0. If you want the game to register a full peg before that (maybe when the thumbstick is 90% pegged) then use a higher value. And of course people with slow turn will have to raise the value above 0 otherwise they'll never be able to reach top speed.

I don't have slow turn and I like it at the default area. My logic is that.. if I'm ever close to a near-peg state, I'm probably turning and not actually aiming. That's just me though. 

Basically it draws the precise line on when you want your aim to go from AIMING to TURNING.

• Upvote (+1) 1

even with these new setting options the overall aiming in the game is still terrible. It just doesnt feel right compare to other halo's not named halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 5

even with these new setting options the overall aiming in the game is still terrible. It just doesnt feel like compare to other halo's not named halo 3.

I agree, settings are nice but they shouldn't have been needed in the first place.