Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

I'm loving 2 sensitivity with 5 aim acceleration a lot personally. Felt great last night, ran octagon for almost 2 hours last night messing around with all the different options.

Know where I could get the octagon map? Would love to mess around on this thing with some buddies.

I guess it ends up tricking people because it covers both time and speed. Aim acceleration, regardless of the setting, either takes less time but more speed, or more time but less speed. If we were more descriptive there'd be less confusion but I guess this is where most of it stems from regarding "more/less". I think even then this would still confuse some people.

I feel like people are agreeing but disagreeing on the wording or something. I could understand how he feels that 1 acceleration is so slow that it feels incredibly consistent in terms of it's acceleration. That's fine, maybe he feels then that 1 would provide an even smoother experience than 5 acceleration and to some people it would feel that way. To me it's the opposite though.

Yea I believe 1 accel and 5 both accomplish the same things in different ways. I wish we had clear wording from 343 themselves and maybe a guideline to make it closer to previous games.

Know where I could get the octagon map? Would love to mess around on this thing with some buddies.

One of the guys in my spartan company made it yesterday, idk how he would be with giving out his GT, but I'm sure someone here has made one or is going to soon.

Yea I believe 1 accel and 5 both accomplish the same things in different ways. I wish we had clear wording from 343 themselves and maybe a guideline to make it closer to previous games.

He described it good and it fits with the car metaphor.

Let's say our sensitivity we like is 6 just for the sake of being easy. Aim acceleration decreases the time it takes to go from 0-6 the higher the setting. So a 1 would take longer to achieve this, 2 would do it a bit faster, then we get to 5 which is almost instantaneous.

So let's say 6 sensitivity = 60 mph

Person A might enjoy driving a Honda Fit, which goes 0-60 in like 13 seconds (idk just making that up lol). This would represent a 1 aim acceleration setting.

Person B enjoys the speed and luxury of a BMW M5 with a 0-60 of 3.5 seconds (again, no clue what the actual is, but M5's are teh sex!!! lol). This would represent a 5 aim acceleration.

So as we go up in aim acceleration (engine size) we get to our set sensitivity faster.

I might have just further confused people lol. :P

Edit: to add to the 5 aim accel setting, when I recorded it, it took 2 frames (recorded at 60fps) to hit max look speed. Or at least that's how it appeared.

I honestly don't even know what Tactics is arguing for. It sounds like he's trying to convince people that 1 acceleration ends up being SO SLOW, that the turn speed feels much more consistent or fluid? You'll have to do better than that tactics if you want to explain yourself, something a bit better than a sentence with an obvious typo that follows up with calling people stupid.

I have completely explained it in multiple posts. I'm not doing it again because no one can comprehend it.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm convinced strangevolts the only one that can figure this out. I have no idea how to contact him but I'll try to find out if he'd have any interest in this. I mean I think it's pretty clear at this point what 1 acceleration will do versus 5 acceleration but it would absolutely be nice to have some settings similar to previous Halos.

I've posted the graphs from Strangevolt's blog. I would assume some nerdy people could figure this out but I'm unfortunately pretty dumb.  :grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have completely explained it in multiple posts. I'm not doing it again because no one can comprehend it.

All you have to do is link to a post, which isn't listed in this thread. I just went through and read your posts for this thread and all I can find is that you hate when people describe it backwards when he was clearly describing the way the aim acceleration options function, not how they "feel".

He described it good and it fits with the car metaphor.

Let's say our sensitivity we like is 6 just for the sake of being easy. Aim acceleration decreases the time it takes to go from 0-6 the higher the setting. So a 1 would take longer to achieve this, 2 would do it a bit faster, then we get to 5 which is almost instantaneous.

So let's say 6 sensitivity = 60 mph

Person A might enjoy driving a Honda Fit, which goes 0-60 in like 13 seconds (idk just making that up lol). This would represent a 1 aim acceleration setting.

Person B enjoys the speed and luxury of a BMW M5 with a 0-60 of 3.5 seconds (again, no clue what the actual is, but M5's are teh sex!!! lol). This would represent a 5 aim acceleration.

So as we go up in aim acceleration (engine size) we get to our set sensitivity faster.

I might have just further confused people lol. :p

No this is not how it works. If your sensitivity is set at 6 acceleration doesn't make you go from 0-6, it determines how fast you go from 6 onwards. 1 Acceleration takes a long time to accelerate past your sensitivity(6 in this case), 5 acceleration means almost immediately after you start turning you are going a lot faster than your sensitivity(6 in this case)

No this is not how it works. If your sensitivity is set at 6 acceleration doesn't make you go from 0-6, it determines how fast you go from 6 onwards. 1 Acceleration takes a long time to accelerate past your sensitivity(6 in this case), 5 acceleration means almost immediately after you start turning you are going a lot faster than your sensitivity(6 in this case)

See, this is what I'm talking about. I thought accel was the way he mentions it. But without thorough testing it could be like mdawg's theory. The question is whether the initial speed is your sensitivity and then accel kicks it up or if your sensitivity is your max accel speed and the initial speed is lowered based on accel. Lol this is funny.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I thought accel was the way he mentions it. But without thorough testing it could be like mdawg's theory. The question is whether the initial speed is your sensitivity and then accel kicks it up or if your sensitivity is your max accel speed and the initial speed is lowered based on accel. Lol this is funny.

Ive already explained this to, If your sensitivity is your max speed then if it's set at 1, no matter what you set your acceleration at you would never turn at faster than 1 sensitivity. Which is not the case. Go test it.

Ive already explained this to, If your sensitivity is your max speed then if it's set at 1, no matter what you set your acceleration at you would never turn at faster than 1 sensitivity. Which is not the case. Go test it.

I know, this is what I thought it was like. But when so many people have differing thoughts it makes me reconsider everything. We need like a video proof or something.

I thought this thread was about our what our settings were? Not arguing back and forth what they mean?

I figured that it's more important that people understand what the settings do, that way people can choose what they prefer.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I figured that it's more important that people understand what the settings do, that way people can choose what they prefer.

Apologies actually very true wouldn't also stating the optimal settings and other things like that be a good idea?. Like good settings to stop it being so twitchy at times etc. I had my sens 3 and accel on 5 and found it a bit too twitchy i was overshooting quite a bit. Or tips to help in this regard after all accuracy is key.

Apologies actually very true wouldn't also stating the optimal settings and other things like that be a good idea?. Like good settings to stop it being so twitchy at times etc. I had my sens 3 and accel on 5 and found it a bit too twitchy i was overshooting quite a bit. Or tips to help in this regard after all accuracy is key.

If you don't want it twitchy then go to 1 acceleration

Oh of course actual settings are very important too. Seeing patterns in what top players use has always shed some light on aiming mechanics.

As far as overshooting and being twitchy that's kinda what 5 accel will do if you aren't used to it. I would recommend slowly lowering the accel but keeping your sensitivity the same if you are really fond of 3 sens. If you lower it and find it to be too slow then you could go up 1 sens and start with 1 accel and work your way up until you're comfortable.

I'm playing 3sens/4 accel and I love it. I haven't tested it exactly but it seems to strike closest to that ~.8 second acceleration curve from H1-4 (as recorded by Strangevolt). 5 acceleration was good but it was so quick that it felt almost like CoD.

This makes 0 sense to me because I can set 10 sens 3 (default) aim accel and then up the aim accel 5 and I it moves faster initially and then I can drop it to 1 and it clearly starts me out slower than 10.

Also if 5 is supposedly very little aim accel then it shouldn't "accelerate" me to the same speeds that I am at with max aim accel (1). This is why I'm not comprehending what you are saying lol. It defies all common sense of what aim acceleration and sensitivity are in games for me. xD

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this until we get (if we ever get) clarification from 343.