Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

4/3 or 3/5 would be my suggestion out of those. Like you said, just pick one and get used to it.

Gonna do 4/3 and become the best!... Halo player in Iowa that has a dream catcher in his room and a coffee mug you can build Legos on.

I was playing on 4 sen and 3 accel but found that when I needed to make a little adjust in my shot I couldn't. I had days were it was great others that it wasn't. But I think that having the outer deadzone at 0 is not for me. So my settings now are 4 sen 2 accel and 12 outer deadzone. Now when I need to move my reticle just a bit I don't have to move my stick all the way in the direction I want to go.

Just pick something and stick with it. If you're constantly changing it you're always going to be thinking about it.

I've seen a bunch of people go "I've changed to this and this and it feels really comfortable" then they have some games where the aim feels shitty and they change it and they're back to square one. They probably had good positioning in that game and played well and had nothing to do with their aiming where they said it was comfortable. The aiming in this game, no matter what you choose is crappy. No matter what you choose it's going to feel weird. Might as well find something decent and stick with it.

After a multitude of hours on top of moronic, wasteful hours tinkering with my controller settings, I feel like a real goon. Out of frustration and futility, I set my sensitivity and acceleration to the default 3 and just set deadzones to 0%..... and I'm playing Halo better than I have in a long time. I'm only Plat at the moment and thought I'd never figure my shot out (it had never been as terrible as it was post-update), but I think I had four killing frenzies in four games last night.

I know that no one cares, but I'm just giving advice to anyone who is still pissing themselves off messing with the controller settings. If you're at a loss re: finding the perfect settings, try 3S/3A/0%/0%

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gonna do 4/3 and become the best!... Halo player in Iowa that has a dream catcher in his room and a coffee mug you can build Legos on.

Gonna have to claim best in iowa! Ha kidding. What part of iowa are you from?

I literally changed my settings almost everyday until the last week when I didn't touch it for a week, it was amazing. It's now at

Sens 2

Acc 2

Inner 0%

Outer 5%

I literally changed my settings almost everyday until the last week when I didn't touch it for a week, it was amazing. It's now at

Sens 2

Acc 2

Inner 0%

Outer 5%

Im similar I play 3 sens, 2 accel inner 9 outer 5%. I haven't tried 2 sens, does it not feel to slow?

Im similar I play 3 sens, 2 accel inner 9 outer 5%. I haven't tried 2 sens, does it not feel to slow?

Ah nice dude!

Yeah it does feel slow but I need it slow since I tend to keep having random twitch mid-pistol battle. Lower sens helps the twitch not be as punishing as it could be.

Cedar rapids

Nice. I've been there multiple times. Went to The University of Iowa for college so it was always easy a quick drive. Actually was there a couple weeks ago to the Newbo Market and Czech Village. 

Nice. I've been there multiple times. Went to The University of Iowa for college so it was always easy a quick drive. Actually was there a couple weeks ago to the Newbo

Market and Czech Village.

That's awesome. Small world!

Recently switched my aim acceleration to 1. It's never felt better. Can finally hit those close range twitch shots. I recommend you guys try it if the aim acceleration has felt clunky or thr curve is to extreme.

Sens 2

Acc 2

Inner 0%

Outer 5%

This is literally, exactly what I settled on as well. Feels good for precision weapons. Now I just have to decide between Bumper Jumper and Helljumper. I feel like left trigger zoom just works better in Halo 5. But I can't decide yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 sens 4 accel 0/0 is where it's at.

I'm doing something similar but because I can't seem to handle the pistol at close range I'm slightly lower at 2 sens 3 accel. It's a tad slow to turn all the way around but If someone is shooting me in the back I'm screwed anyways. This is coming from someone who played with 5 sens on every other halo game. This is the only way I've felt pretty consistent with my aiming so far.

Also, hell jumper is where it's at for the regular xbox controller.

Sens 2

Acc 2

Inner 0%

Outer 5%

At 2 sens 2 accel people were able to strafe faster then my reticle could catch up to them at very close ranges, bumped the accel to 3 and it's made a world of difference.

Have you noticed that too or how have you been dealing with it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm doing something similar but because I can't seem to handle the pistol at close range I'm slightly lower at 2 sens 3 accel. It's a tad slow to turn all the way around but If someone is shooting me in the back I'm screwed anyways. This is coming from someone who played with 5 sens on every other halo game. This is the only way I've felt pretty consistent with my aiming so far.

Also, hell jumper is where it's at for the regular xbox controller.

Well te pistol is awkward in close range no matter what due to the aiming system so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Plus with all the weapons that are so much better than the pistol at cqc you could always just use them. If you are okay with the turn speed then feel free to use 2 sens but I feel like it's got to be pretty darn slow lol.

3 2 OR 3 5

Turned it to 0% 0% but get a little slow turn so might fix it up.

I keep an outer deadzone even if my controller is perfect just so I don't ever have to worry about that shit.

I changed from 4/2 to 3/5 the other day because my aiming had so much whirlwinding, and it really seems to have fixed that. Close range is still a bit of a struggle for me though. (0%/5%)

3 Sensitivity

5 Acceleration 

15 for the no slow 

0 for drift

Yet I still have slow turn so I'm not sure if it even fixes it