Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

I think the problem is people are thinking that the max is what their sensitivity is set to. When in reality that's the minimum.

I don't understand what you mean here.

I don't understand what you mean here.

5 acceleration makes your reticle reach max speed as fast as possible, which is what he said. But he said that keeps your reticle at a constant speed which is totally backwards because your max reticle speed is NOT what you have your sensitivity set at. What you have your sensitivity set at is the minimum speed of your reticle. So having acceleration set at 1 gives you as close to a constant reticle speed as possible. Where when it's set at 5 acceleration your reticle speed is fluctuating every time you change directions.

5 acceleration makes your reticle reach max speed as fast as possible, which is what he said. But he said that keeps your reticle at a constant speed which is totally backwards because your max reticle speed is NOT what you have your sensitivity set at. What you have your sensitivity set at is the minimum speed of your reticle. So having acceleration set at 1 gives you as close to a constant reticle speed as possible. Where when it's set at 5 acceleration your reticle speed is fluctuating every time you change directions.

Hmm, that's the complete opposite of what I experience. 1 feels very unresponsive and 5 is very fluid and doesn't give me any (noticeable) change in look speed whatsoever. I've been able to snap to targets with ease and keep my crosshairs on them easier without having my reticle jumping all over the place.

Whatever the behind the scenes stuff is, I am 100% for aim acceleration set to 5, based on how it feels in game.

Hmm, that's the complete opposite of what I experience. 1 feels very unresponsive and 5 is very fluid and doesn't give me any (noticeable) change in look speed whatsoever. I've been able to snap to targets with ease and keep my crosshairs on them easier without having my reticle jumping all over the place.

Whatever the behind the scenes stuff is, I am 100% for aim acceleration set to 5, based on how it feels in game.

Its all preference but I hate when people describe it backwards. If it was the way he decribed it and your max was what your sensitivity is set at then at 1 sensitivity and 5 acceleration you'd never be able to move any faster than at 1 sensitivity. And I think you will find that if you go into a custom game and put your settings at that, then start spinning in circles you will find your spinning at much faster than 1 sensitivity.

Its all preference but I hate when people describe it backwards. If it was the way he decribed it and your max was what your sensitivity is set at then at 1 sensitivity and 5 acceleration you'd never be able to move any faster than at 1 sensitivity. And I think you will find that if you go into a custom game and put your settings at that, then start spinning in circles you will find your spinning at much faster than 1 sensitivity.

Just recorded a clip and slowed it down. It took ab 2 frames to hit 1 sens 5 aim accel, and you can actually see real time the aim accel when set to 1. But after achieving the max sensitivity (1), they both move at the same speed.

Just recorded a clip and slowed it down. It took ab 2 frames to hit 1 sens 5 aim accel, and you can actually see real time the aim accel when set to 1. But after achieving the max sensitivity (1), they both move at the same speed.

So you're saying there is more aim accel when set to 1? 

So you're saying there is more aim accel when set to 1? 

Yes, which is what the article states. And what tactics was saying is 1 sensitivity 5 aim accel settings is actually faster than a 1 sensitivity, which it is not, they are the same once they hit max velocity no matter what your aim acceleration is set to.

Sensitivity 10

No Acceleration and no deadzones 

After reading these posts I'm going to try putting the acceleration at 5. 

Yes, which is what the article states. And what tactics was saying is 1 sensitivity 5 aim accel settings is actually faster than a 1 sensitivity, which it is not, they are the same once they hit max velocity no matter what your aim acceleration is set to.

Of coarse they are the same when they hit max velocity, but that max velocity is not sensitivity 1. God can y'all really be this stupid.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Of coarse they are the same when they hit max velocity, but that max velocity is not sensitivity 1. God can y'all really be this stupid.

Halo 5 must be using the term aim acceleration much differently than how it is applied on PC, in which case they need to clarify their terms, because if it's what you are saying, that is not acceleration.

My mouse is set to 6400dpi. When I enable acceleration, it lowers my sensitivity initially and as I make quick flicks of the mouse it brings me up to my selected max sensitivity. This is how I assume it works in Halo 5. Unless we know hard numbers behind the sensitivities though we will never know for sure.

But in your world setting 1 sensitivity, 5 aim acceleration, a 1 sensitivity does not in fact exist, which is a very intriguing position.

Halo 5 must be using the term aim acceleration much differently than how it is applied on PC, in which case they need to clarify their terms, because if it's what you are saying, that is not acceleration.

My mouse is set to 6400dpi. When I enable acceleration, it lowers my sensitivity initially and as I make quick flicks of the mouse it brings me up to my selected max sensitivity. This is how I assume it works in Halo 5. Unless we know hard numbers behind the sensitivities though we will never know for sure.

But in your world setting 1 sensitivity, 5 aim acceleration, a 1 sensitivity does not in fact exist, which is a very intriguing position.

Has anyone tested this? When I put 5 sensitivity, is the max accel 5 sens or is the initial movement before max accel 5? Because that would help clear up the accel problems. Some people think the accel is a different speed entirely that is just used to turn quicker, other think max accel speed is the actual sensitivity you're using. I'm pretty sure it's the first one.

I honestly don't even know what Tactics is arguing for. It sounds like he's trying to convince people that 1 acceleration ends up being SO SLOW, that the turn speed feels much more consistent or fluid? You'll have to do better than that tactics if you want to explain yourself, something a bit better than a sentence with an obvious typo that follows up with calling people stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

0 Acceleration

4 sensitibity

0% inner

10% outer.

Feels really crisp to me, whipping my reticule up the the head for the headshot more accurately.

Honestly I just recommend people trying everything out before settling on settings. At first I thought 4 sens/1 accel was the way to go but then I tried it on 5 accel just to mess around, and eventually dropped sens to 3 and it feels great. But it feels great to me.

That last sentence is the important part.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am fairly certain that your sensitivity is the base speed. Then acceleration is used to increase that speed to a max limit. So on 3 sensitivy, 1 aim accel, you start at "base sensitivity 3" and increase to max over a very large period of time, max is another number, some increase "base+max." Using 5 aim accel you essentially hit base+max as fast as possible. So 1 significantly lowers reticle jumps due to acceleration from the default accel 3, while 5 is high enough that it happens almost instantly. Thus on both 5 and 1 you feel less acceleration in a typical fight, but for very differant reasons.

I am fairly certain that your sensitivity is the base speed. Then acceleration is used to increase that speed to a max limit. So on 3 sensitivy, 1 aim accel, you start at "base sensitivity 3" and increase to max over a very large period of time, max is another number, some increase "base+max." Using 5 aim accel you essentially hit base+max as fast as possible. So 1 significantly lowers reticle jumps due to acceleration from the default accel 3, while 5 is high enough that it happens almost instantly. Thus on both 5 and 1 you feel less acceleration in a typical fight, but for very differant reasons.

i was thinking this earlier, if your on 1 accel but using 6 sens it prob feels the same as 5 accel with 3 sens, not for the same reason but it ends up feeling about the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly don't even know what Tactics is arguing for. It sounds like he's trying to convince people that 1 acceleration ends up being SO SLOW, that the turn speed feels much more consistent or fluid? You'll have to do better than that tactics if you want to explain yourself, something a bit better than a sentence with an obvious typo that follows up with calling people stupid.

What I thought he was saying was that 1 accel is so gradual that you have better control. 5 accel is much more rapid. The problem is that people are saying "more" in 2 different ways. 1 accel has more accel in the sense that it's constantly accelerating, just really so it's easier to control. 5 accel has more in the sense that it just shoots to max accel quickly so you're playing on accelerated movement more. That's just how I interpreted it though

Has anyone tested this? When I put 5 sensitivity, is the max accel 5 sens or is the initial movement before max accel 5? Because that would help clear up the accel problems. Some people think the accel is a different speed entirely that is just used to turn quicker, other think max accel speed is the actual sensitivity you're using. I'm pretty sure it's the first one.

The way acceleration acts on my PC is:

I set my dpi, I use 6400. Let's call this a 3 sensitivity.

When I move my mouse around the screen, it moves at a constant 3 sensitivity.

When I enable acceleration, my initial sensitivity (when I first try to move my mouse) is below a 3, it's slower. As I continue to move it, or make faster gestures, it bumps it up to a 3.

This is what I figured 343 was referring to by "aim acceleration." It's like a car, you have to accelerate to your desired speed, but you start at 0 still. Once you hit your desired speed (sensitivity) you're good to go. 1 is a 4 banger and 5 would be like a dodge Viper. You get to max speed (max sens = your selected sensitivity) faster.

If it does not behave this way, then honestly I have no idea what 343 is referring to when they say aim acceleration lol.

Have the pros said anything about their settings? I am running Sens 3 accel 5 and both deadzones at 0 % and its working nicely. kudos to 343 for these settings.

everyone is using different settings in the pros too, its just what feels good to you. pros are using between 1 and 5, some have kept 3 still like ninja.

The way acceleration acts on my PC is:

I set my dpi, I use 6400. Let's call this a 3 sensitivity.

When I move my mouse around the screen, it moves at a constant 3 sensitivity.

When I enable acceleration, my initial sensitivity (when I first try to move my mouse) is below a 3, it's slower. As I continue to move it, or make faster gestures, it bumps it up to a 3.

This is what I figured 343 was referring to by "aim acceleration." It's like a car, you have to accelerate to your desired speed, but you start at 0 still. Once you hit your desired speed (sensitivity) you're good to go. 1 is a 4 banger and 5 would be like a dodge Viper. You get to max speed (max sens = your selected sensitivity) faster.

If it does not behave this way, then honestly I have no idea what 343 is referring to when they say aim acceleration lol.

Yea this is a big thing that can really help people understand the settings. If it's like PC then increasing accel makes your initial aiming slower, therefore more precise. If lower accel makes your initial speed faster then it becomes more of a twitch shot.

Remember, 343 doesn't seem very PC oriented so making settings different from that isn't too far-fetched. I just wish they clarified what they did. Or better yet ACTUALLY MADE A GOOD AIMING SYSTEM.

What I thought he was saying was that 1 accel is so gradual that you have better control. 5 accel is much more rapid. The problem is that people are saying "more" in 2 different ways. 1 accel has more accel in the sense that it's constantly accelerating, just really so it's easier to control. 5 accel has more in the sense that it just shoots to max accel quickly so you're playing on accelerated movement more. That's just how I interpreted it though

I guess it ends up tricking people because it covers both time and speed. Aim acceleration, regardless of the setting, either takes less time but more speed, or more time but less speed. If we were more descriptive there'd be less confusion but I guess this is where most of it stems from regarding "more/less". I think even then this would still confuse some people.

I feel like people are agreeing but disagreeing on the wording or something. I could understand how he feels that 1 acceleration is so slow that it feels incredibly consistent in terms of it's acceleration. That's fine, maybe he feels then that 1 would provide an even smoother experience than 5 acceleration and to some people it would feel that way. To me it's the opposite though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea this is a big thing that can really help people understand the settings. If it's like PC then increasing accel makes your initial aiming slower, therefore more precise. If lower accel makes your initial speed faster then it becomes more of a twitch shot.

Remember, 343 doesn't seem very PC oriented so making settings different from that isn't too far-fetched. I just wish they clarified what they did. Or better yet ACTUALLY MADE A GOOD AIMING SYSTEM.

I'm loving 2 sensitivity with 5 aim acceleration a lot personally. Felt great last night, ran octagon for almost 2 hours last night messing around with all the different options.

What would be a good amount of matches to do while testing settings when it comes to changing them? 20 matches?. Right now i am at 3 sense 5 acceleration and 0% both deadzones My accuracy is 37% on my main weapons but i notice sometimes i do over shoot the reticule. MY service record is below if anyone wants to have a look and give me advice would be grateful, lately I have been farming REQ in Warzone. I am a solo player somewhat up until this week actually.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/service-records/players/teaperhaps

I'm loving 2 sensitivity with 5 aim acceleration a lot personally. Felt great last night, ran octagon for almost 2 hours last night messing around with all the different options.

I've been going through everything and I just can't find what I want. Im on 5 sens 1 accel right now. I might try 3 sens 5 accel and see which system I like better. It's just so weird to struggle with picking how my reticle moves.