Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

Here is another vote for 3 sens, 5 acceleration. I used to play on 5 sens, 1 acceleration but still had issues with aiming feeling off. My current settings allow me to make small adjustments more accurately.

Also on the #bumperjumpermasterrace, with an elite controller. Having a controller with paddles just for thrust is a pretty big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 Sensitivity 

2 Aim Acc - Because thats what the Beta was 

0% for both deadzones

I feel like 0% deadzones makes me more uniform

Indeed.

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :ghost:

For real though, no amount of tinkering with the settings will make the aiming feel like anything even remotely resembling the aiming from the beta. The acceleration wasn't the issue (or not the main one, at least), and 343 have said nothing about the aiming mechanics since they added the new settings. Nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

1 sens and not ashamed, 4 accel.

I also switched my left and right stick clicks and turned toggle crouch off so I can crouch walk and aim better at the same time. Sprint on the right stick click actually feels pretty good too. 

At 2 sens 2 accel people were able to strafe faster then my reticle could catch up to them at very close ranges, bumped the accel to 3 and it's made a world of difference.

Have you noticed that too or how have you been dealing with it

I have noticed that, so I changed the way I aim. I used to always use my right stick to aim, it didn't work out so well with shitty aiming in this game. Anytime there is close encounter pistol 1v1 I move my reticle to the head and don't touch it, I use the left stick to strafe and aim at the same time. It resulted in much more perfect kills since I don't have to try keeping trying to keep it at head, it stay steady and I don't keep twitching mid fight. That was my solution to it

First i was on 4/2/0/0. I played 4 in the beta and it felt good.  When they said that accel 2 matched the beta, i thought "sweet, that's what i'll do and it'll be purrrrrfect" but it was not. Clearly some other mechanic was altered.

then I went to 3/5/0/0 but would turn too far when trying to turn quickly, and it still felt a little "off"

then 2/5/0/0 but couldn't aim in one direction while strafing in another (to get around a corner or because i knew i was down in a fight), or look up or down quickly enough if I/opponent was jumping or falling, or turn quickly enough when thrusting.

I am now on 3/4/0/0.  I am going to stick to 3 sense, and adjust the accel to whatever feels right over time.  That's the plan for now anyway....

when the aiming update came out I played on 10/5 for a month. Then I tried lower sensitivities and now i'm swapping between 7/1   7/5    and 10/5. When my aim is off I go up to 10/5 for a few games and then go back down to 7/1 or 7/5. (currently im on 7/1) 

I just can't find the perfect sense in this game 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Warm up games: 

6-7 sensitivity

5 acceleration

0% Deadzones

After I feel decently warmed up I usually play 5 sensitivity and 1 acceleration with 0% deadzones or 4 sens and 2 accel. Though recently I have been messing around with 3 sens and 5 accel. 

Previous Halos I play 3-5 sensitivity. 

This is literally, exactly what I settled on as well. Feels good for precision weapons. Now I just have to decide between Bumper Jumper and Helljumper. I feel like left trigger zoom just works better in Halo 5. But I can't decide yet.

I hated the thought of Helljumper until I tried it out. Haven't gone back to Bump Jump since.

It WILL take a few games before you aren't throwing a nade instead of punching, punching instead of zooming, or zooming instead of nading, but the Smart Scope functions 100x better on the LT. An also underrated aspect of Helljumper is that, when zoomed in, the A button is the secondary zoom option on a sniper. So basically a quick LT+A will get you double scoped automatically

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hated the thought of Helljumper until I tried it out. Haven't gone back to Bump Jump since.

It WILL take a few games before you aren't throwing a nade instead of punching, punching instead of zooming, or zooming instead of nading, but the Smart Scope functions 100x better on the LT. An also underrated aspect of Helljumper is that, when zoomed in, the A button is the secondary zoom option on a sniper. So basically a quick LT+A will get you double scoped automatically

Were you the guy on youtube telling me this?. lol, I had a guy stating it is much more advantageous zooming that way then the way Bumper jumper does.

Were you the guy on youtube telling me this?. lol, I had a guy stating it is much more advantageous zooming that way then the way Bumper jumper does.

I doubt it lol. 

I assume that a lot of people will have that opinion. Although I see the positives in Bumper Jumper as well

I doubt it lol. 

I assume that a lot of people will have that opinion. Although I see the positives in Bumper Jumper as well

Do you find zooming that way much more advantageous?.

Do you find zooming that way much more advantageous?.

Well I personally do.

I think the reason is because scoping in was not as big of a deal in previous Halo titles. Now though, with Smart Scope increasing accuracy/bullet magnetism/auto-aim/etc, it's way important to me to be able to snap in and out of ADS with a press/release of the trigger. I also find that having to use the RS to zoom in makes my aim shake a bit when I first scope (because I'm using some of my thumb's force to push the stick instead of aiming it). 

Again, this is all preference though.

Anybody got any advice on aim acceleration for a guy who uses 3 sens always? what do most of the major players who use 3 tend to choose? 5?

Anybody got any advice on aim acceleration for a guy who uses 3 sens always? what do most of the major players who use 3 tend to choose? 5?

4 or 5 with both deadzones at 0% is your best bet.

Which sensitivity/acceleration combo will help me the most in excelling at the short-range game?

3/4, 3/5, 4/2 or 4/3?

Which sensitivity/acceleration combo will help me the most in excelling at the short-range game?

3/4, 3/5, 4/2 or 4/3?

4/2 or 4/3. Higher sensitivities help in closer range. I play 3/4 and cqc is a nightmare.

I change my sens daily in this game. It's maddening. Currently running 5 sens, 2 accel, 0% inner, 12% outer.