Sign in to follow this  
Beryl AU

What are your Aim Settings for Halo 5: Guardians?

I figured I'd make a thread for it so everyone can just go to the one area to compare instead of them getting buried in the H5 thread. So if you have played around with the new aim settings can you please post results so others can use this as a starting point. 

I will be on in about 3 hours, so I'll report back with my settings and edit this post. 

Edit - Maybe also post what your sensitivity was in the previous Halos for comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aim Acceleration - 1

Deadzones on both sticks - 0%

Sensitivity - 3

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Accel - 1

Deadzones - 0%

Sens - 5

Diagonal movements still feel pretty weird, but it's no doubt an improvement. Feels more fluid and responsive.

What's the reason behind outer deadzones? Is it better to be higher or at 0? I'm confused about what it actually does.

It's the amount you have to push the stick until it actually registers an input. So at 0% even the slightest touch will register and input and move your reticule/character.

EDIT: Outer deadzones you say. I have no idea.

It's the amount you have to push the stick until it actually registers an input. So at 0% even the slightest touch will register and input and move your reticule/character.

So for outer it's how far you have to move the stick until it goes at full speed?

Edit: LMAO no problem.

So for outer it's how far you have to move the stick until it goes at full speed?

I believe outer deadzones are the opposite of inner ones.

With inner ones, it prevents your stick from registering for that small percentage. It's a useful setting for people with broken controllers and what-not.

If I'm correct (I need confirmation, badly), increasing your outer dead zone would basically make it so that you reach max turning speed quicker.

I'm pretty sure that most console games have both by default because it'd be incredibly annoying otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Outer Deadzones are to help players with slow turn controllers, basically if you have a slow turn controller that will only register 95% speed out the very out edge then you can never reach max turn speed with 0% outer deadzone. But if you have said 95% ability and you set outer Deadzones to 5% you will never notice your slow turn.

I have my outer dead zone set to 10% because even if my controller is fully functional and I'm wanting to turn around that's 10% makes that motion slightly faster.

So I'm confused. It seems as though some people have upped it and some people have moved it down.

Hilariously though, it seems that no one (that has spoken up yet anyway) has stuck to 343's default settings.

So I'm confused. It seems as though some people have upped it and some people have moved it down.

Hilariously though, it seems that no one (that has spoken up yet anyway) has stuck to 343's default settings.

Some people have upped it because they don't like to feel bogged down while free roaming the map but aren't in a gun fight. But others have turned it down where they are in complete control of their reticule because it moves at a constant speed.

Right now I'll be testing

10 Sens

5 Acceleration

0% Inner Deadzones

15% (Max) Outer Deadzones

Yeah that's how I'm interpreting it. When I moved my outer deadzones to 15% it allowed me to reach my max acceleration without having the stick pressed ALL the way to a side.

Outer Deadzones are to help players with slow turn controllers, basically if you have a slow turn controller that will only register 95% speed out the very out edge then you can never reach max turn speed with 0% outer deadzone. But if you have said 95% ability and you set outer Deadzones to 5% you will never notice your slow turn.

I have my outer dead zone set to 10% because even if my controller is fully functional and I'm wanting to turn around that's 10% makes that motion slightly faster.

That's true too.

I was very confused at first too, especially with how it was worded but that wasn't 343's fault. People here claimed the beta felt faster, but 2 acceleration is indeed making it slower. Maybe it felt more fluid? I don't really know cause I didn't play the beta. I find it funny that nobodys sticking to 343's default settings, but I find it more funny that just about everyone here who was complaining about it being slow is actually lowering their numbers rather than raising them.. seems to go against what everyone was claiming with the aim issues.

Regardless, different people will find different levels of success. I could imagine some people would prefer to lower their sensitivities and increase their acceleration speed, while others turn their sens up real high and lower the acceleration.

Right now I'll be testing

10 Sens

5 Acceleration

0% Inner Deadzones

15% (Max) Outer Deadzones

Yeah that's how I'm interpreting it. When I moved my outer deadzones to 15% it allowed me to reach my max acceleration without having the stick pressed ALL the way to a side.

That's true too.

I was very confused at first too, especially with how it was worded but that wasn't 343's fault. People here claimed the beta felt faster, but 2 acceleration is indeed making it slower. Maybe it felt more fluid? I don't really know cause I didn't play the beta. I find it funny that nobodys sticking to 343's default settings, but I find it more funny that just about everyone here who was complaining about it being slow is actually lowering their numbers rather than raising them.. seems to go against what everyone was claiming with the aim issues.

Regardless, different people will find different levels of success. I could imagine some people would prefer to lower their sensitivities and increase their acceleration speed, while others turn their sens up real high and lower the acceleration.

For me it was always about the speed altering from what I "felt" like it should be doing too quickly. Aka I'm trying to do whatever and it suddenly just speeds up way too fast. Resulting in me playing a low sens to try and mitigate just generally being awful at controlling it and everything feeling slow. So now at 1 for me it maintains a more familiar speed for longer while trying to shoot someone. It might as well not even exist actually since it really only comes into play now when I'm turning all the way around. So I guess I'd be the low accel high sens guy lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me it was always about the speed altering from what I "felt" like it should be doing too quickly. Aka I'm trying to do whatever and it suddenly just speeds up way too fast. Resulting in me playing a low sens to try and mitigate just generally being awful at controlling it and everything feeling slow. So now at 1 for me it maintains a more familiar speed for longer while trying to shoot someone. It might as well not even exist actually since it really only comes into play now when I'm turning all the way around. So I guess I'd be the low accel high sens guy lol.

In regards to the speed altering, I made a post in the H5 thread citing a feature in Unreal Tournament 3. I'm playing right now or I'd write a big post or try to find everything I'm talking about, but there was a video of someone showing the acceleration while also showing the controller on a webcam. It looked like to start, the acceleration was slow within a certain percentage of stick deflection. Then it jumped up after the next threshold of stick deflection, and then actually changed speeds again at full deflection. I saw that around the time people were posting about the XIM guys having problems with H5.

I have no idea if it's true at all.