CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Forge Discussion

You might have figured this out already but you can place the powerup on a block in forge and set the OS to respawn on disturbance, make sure that the OS has normal physics and the block doesn't spawn in in any gametype using the exclude game mode labels. You now have a static spawning OS.

Or do what Matclan said and use a weapon pad.

Not working for me, everything still spawns 1 minute AFTER i pick it up. Label is set to exclude.slayer since my map is a slayer map, but it doesnt respawn consistently

Not working for me, everything still spawns 1 minute AFTER i pick it up. Label is set to exclude.slayer since my map is a slayer map, but it doesnt respawn consistently

Hm... I'm thinking the problem is it never initially comes to rest, so it isn't considered disturbed until someone picks it up. Maybe put a thin thing under it, that spawns with the powerup and despawns after 1 second? And adjust the respawn timer accordingly for the powerup. I'd use a wire from the construction props I think... I'll test this later to see if it works.

Edit: I can't figure it out  :grunt:

All right, who's genius idea was it to make chromas noclip in forge but turn solid in custom games? Shit takes lava traps and teleporters out of the equation.

So, spawn volumes. Why is it that 343 doesn't use them on any of their maps? I would think they'd be necessary to prevent wonky spawns on something like CTF, keep you from spawning in the enemies base. Instead they just use neutral respawn points everywhere. How can they do this and it works?

Thrusting moves the player about 21 units in game, same for all directions. Useful if you're trying to make thrusting more precarious on a part of your map.

Does anyone have like a tutorial video on how to work Forge, because I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Does anyone have like a tutorial video on how to work Forge, because I can't figure it out for the life of me.

There are some Youtube channels that have done a pretty good job of covering everything.  You may have to go back in their history a bit, since most of the fundamental stuff was covered shortly after forge was released.

Forgehub Youtube

Forge Labs

Zanny Vids

If you have a specific question, I could probably answer it for you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are some Youtube channels that have done a pretty good job of covering everything.  You may have to go back in their history a bit, since most of the fundamental stuff was covered shortly after forge was released.

Forgehub Youtube

Forge Labs

Zanny Vids

If you have a specific question, I could probably answer it for you.

Thank you for this. I loaded up Forge to mess around and was caught off guard by the control panel and had no clue to grab and move and deleted object's etc.

Thank you for this. I loaded up Forge to mess around and was caught off guard by the control panel and had no clue to grab and move and deleted object's etc.

Yeah, it's totally different.  You'll use the bumpers to select and deselect objects.  The D-Pad is used for deleting and duplicating objects.  The triggers are used for adjusting things like rotation angle.  The control panel is actually a godsend.  You'll notice that the control panel changes depending upon the situation (particularly when you hold down the left or right triggers).

Yeah, it's totally different.  You'll use the bumpers to select and deselect objects.  The D-Pad is used for deleting and duplicating objects.  The triggers are used for adjusting things like rotation angle.  The control panel is actually a godsend.  You'll notice that the control panel changes depending upon the situation (particularly when you hold down the left or right triggers).

Oh shit I didn't even notice that lol.

Oh shit I didn't even notice that lol.

Its a lot to get used to, but trust me when I say it becomes very intuitive and the controls are much better than previous iterations of forge.

The Forgehub 2v2 contest is the most exciting thing to happen to me in a while lol.  So many awesome forgers all pumping out multiple 2v2 maps each.  There's always something new to play/be impressed by.

The Forgehub 2v2 contest is the most exciting thing to happen to me in a while lol. So many awesome forgers all pumping out multiple 2v2 maps each. There's always something new to play/be impressed by.

When do they start voting on the maps fam

Legion is pretty dope

• Upvote (+1) 1

When do they start voting on the maps fam

Legion is pretty dope

The submission deadline is March 1st.

There's no voting.  The winning maps will be determined by a judging panel.  Judging will begin immediately after the submission deadline.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The submission deadline is March 1st.

There's no voting. The winning maps will be determined by a judging panel. Judging will begin immediately after the submission deadline.

I swear I remember hearing about the Forgehub communitt voting on the maps, then again they made the rules in December so I forget

Good luck to both of y'all if you're also in it Chunk

I swear I remember hearing about the Forgehub communitt voting on the maps, then again they made the rules in December so I forget

Good luck to both of y'all if you're also in it Chunk

I'm one of the judges.  No money for me.  :cry:

We do community voting each month for a thing we call Community Favorites, that allows people to vote for the top 3 map released during that month.  It's unrelated to this contest though.

After I left the studio last September, 343 dramatically redesigned my original BTB forge project (Recurve) to suit a more casual matchmaking audience. Artemis is an evolution of the original experience that I wanted to deliver for BTB matchmaking. 

[media=700x600]

[/media]

Longer walk through of an older build:

[media=700x600]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edo2uRihbJI[/media]

• Upvote (+1) 2