CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Forge Discussion

After several hours fighting through the controls, I'm actually comfortable with them now.

Who decided "A" was down and "B" was up..?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The controls are incredibly difficult to come to terms with.

The controls in previous Forges felt way more intuitive since they took most the controls directly from the default game controls.

Not that these controls are bad, but it took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to move an object and a further 10 minutes to figure out how to rotate objects properly.

They will be updating forge with new (and old) features, so I'd suggest you guys give them that feedback. I've already seen Tom French acknowledge the lack of a new round option and even saw a convo regarding custom powerups, trait zones, etc.

I tend to just spam Quinn with my requests just because he seems to acknowledge me occasionally. Is there someone better I should spam Forge requests to?

Does anybody know if you're able to put power-ups on static timers like they are in Halo 1? If you're not able to put them on static timers does anybody know if you're able to put power-ups on the weapon pads so they get announced when they're about to spawn?

You can spawn powerups on weapon pads.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah they reworked the controls completely. They basically had to in order to fit everything they wanted, tool wise. It'll take a bit to get used to, but in the end it will make things infinitely better.

Some one on here should make a video explaining the main difference in controls.

How do I grab stuff lol?? I havent figured it out yet

Same.. It says Im grabbing, but I aint grabbing shit!

Same.. It says Im grabbing, but I aint grabbing shit!

RB to select, LT to grab and analog stick to move, you must continue to hold LT to move.

I was forging with a friend and suddenly half of my map fell off... Not sure if it's a bug or my friend did it accidentally but at least we had a good laugh :lol:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xAcer95x/video/13305303

Hahaha, looks like your friend might have changed the object physics on accident. If he didn't then that's a pretty serious bug. I would be willing to bet it was user error though

Some things I've found useful.

To delete all of one object:

Select the object > Map Options > Object Properties > SELECT ALL OF > Hold left on the d-pad to delete. Make sure you deselect anything you had previously selected and want to keep, the "select all" only adds to what you had previously selected, it doesn't clear anything.

To move objects quickly, click and hold the left stick while moving them.

Object relative movement is very helpful, it projects a hologram of where the object is going to go on each axis when you hold LT.

This is single funniest thing i've seen in halo. The way it slowly falls into the abyss is amazing. Was it saved or did you just lose half your progress? 

It wasn't saved but as the map was symmetrical it took me like 5 minutes to recreate the fallen part of the map :)

This is single funniest thing i've seen in halo. The way it slowly falls into the abyss is amazing. Was it saved or did you just lose half your progress?

That was interesting to watch. But at that point how do you delete them? And if you cannot delete them then are they not still counted against your overall budget?

Anyone figure out how to delete all objects? It takes a while to delete stuff in maps when you have to hold the d-pad every time  :bravo:

Anyone figure out how to delete all objects? It takes a while to delete stuff in maps when you have to hold the d-pad every time :bravo:

Add as many with Left Bumper and then delete when you are ready.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Add as many with Left Bumper and then delete when you are ready.

Thanks I figured it out. You select an object go to its properties and check select all then delete them all. 

Has anyone seen the Sandtrap remake by WyvernZu?

Add him on Xbox and check it out.

Halo 5 forge is going to allow so many things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks I figured it out. You select an object go to its properties and check select all then delete them all.

Ohhh sweet I didn't know that. Thanks.

I really wish there was a mirror feature or a flip (not rotate) horizontal. I'm sure I read somewhere that you could do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it funny that my first instincts when I started forging in Halo about 5 years ago was to make ridiculous shit like a powerup floating over a death pit or a weapon on a floating island and immediately thinking it was stupid because it didn't fit the "circular arena" style of maps I was used to playing.

Now I feel vindicated that the most competitive game in the series used ideas similar to this. Conformity = stupid.

Does anybody know if you're able to put power-ups on static timers like they are in Halo 1? If you're not able to put them on static timers does anybody know if you're able to put power-ups on the weapon pads so they get announced when they're about to spawn?

You might have figured this out already but you can place the powerup on a block in forge and set the OS to respawn on disturbance, make sure that the OS has normal physics and the block doesn't spawn in in any gametype using the exclude game mode labels. You now have a static spawning OS.

Or do what Matclan said and use a weapon pad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1