CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Forge Discussion

Gonna start working on my map as soon as forge finishes loading. I got a small slice of it done in H2A and H5's forge is siiiick

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gonna start working on my map as soon as forge finishes loading. I got a small slice of it done in H2A and H5's forge is siiiick

Start small. There's a lot to get used to, and I guarantee anyone used to the old forge will accidentally delete or move stuff with the new controls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Start small. There's a lot to get used to, and I guarantee anyone used to the old forge will accidentally delete or move stuff with the new controls.

Opposite problem actually. I couldn't figure out how to move or delete stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For real?

It's just REALLY different. Completely different workflow, none of the controls are the same.

You can tell that it'll be infinitely better than old forges once you learn it though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah they reworked the controls completely. They basically had to in order to fit everything they wanted, tool wise. It'll take a bit to get used to, but in the end it will make things infinitely better.

Parallax is way smaller than I expected especially in terms of height. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anybody know if you're able to put power-ups on static timers like they are in Halo 1? If you're not able to put them on static timers does anybody know if you're able to put power-ups on the weapon pads so they get announced when they're about to spawn?

No custom power ups...

Disappointed, I was hoping to make an overshield with half shield like the original OS in Halo 3 so I could have a red/yellow armour kind of thing like UT and Q3 have...

Seems weird they would remove it when it was available in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No custom power ups...

Disappointed, I was hoping to make an overshield with half shield like the original OS in Halo 3 so I could have a red/yellow armour kind of thing like UT and Q3 have...

Seems weird they would remove it when it was available in H3.

A bit disappointed as well. I guess the trade off is that the OS in this game isn't a complete piece of shit like H3's

A bit disappointed as well. I guess the trade off is that the OS in this game isn't a complete piece of shit like H3's

This is true, but the custom power up in H3 gave you options to do all sorts of things, hopefully 343 can add this at a later date. To make Plaza work in a 2v2 or 1v1 it really needs a lower tier OS to fight over that spawns faster than the normal OS to force players to keep on moving.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is true, but the custom power up in H3 gave you options to do all sorts of things, hopefully 343 can add this at a later date. To make Plaza work in a 2v2 or 1v1 it really needs a lower tier OS to fight over that spawns faster than the normal OS to force players to keep on moving.

I agree its a dumb decision. Custom powerups NEED to be in here. Miss them.

Hopefully those health packs are put in if Quinn actually gave that feedback from your video. Would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They will be updating forge with new (and old) features, so I'd suggest you guys give them that feedback. I've already seen Tom French acknowledge the lack of a new round option and even saw a convo regarding custom powerups, trait zones, etc.

This blows the hype for Reach's forge out of the water.

I really hope this place becomes more lively. Hardly anyone posts in the forge discussion anymore.

Basically spent the entire day experimenting and this forge is pretty bad ass. The controls took a while to get the hang of but as soon as you get into the swing of things they're fine. Biggest take away is that magnets are actually incredibly useful, would mainly be editing co-ordinates to place things right in previous forge modes but now pieces just stick together perfectly.

How do I grab stuff lol?? I havent figured it out yet

• Upvote (+1) 2