Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrueLegend

Petition To Legalize Online Gambling

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOGNOW/petition.html

According to Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont online gambling laws, players who live in those states aren't allowed to sign up, participate in, or earn money off of online tournaments. Even if they're a legal adult. :/ 

So there's this petition to legalize "online gambling" across all states. Please sign it, so players like me can play in online tournaments! <3 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is over Poker sites lol. Not Competitive halo that's not gambling.

I know, but it says on Gamebattles tournament rules, and it also said on the 343 Virgin Gaming infinity slayer tournament rules (ended now, it was the one for the truck lol) that people from those states aren't allowed to earn money from them because of our states online gambling laws. :/

What do you mean 'conspiracy'?

And it sucks for us I know. :/

Boyd gaming lobbies the local government to keep all forms of gambling illegal because they make a TON of money flying all the locals out to Vegas and setting up all the Vegas packages. If gambling were to become legal they would lose a lot of money. When the government says the people don't want gambling what they really mean is they were promised a bunch of money for their campaigns if they keep it illegal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOGNOW/petition.html

According to Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont online gambling laws, players who live in those states aren't allowed to sign up, participate in, or earn money off of online tournaments. Even if they're a legal adult. :/ 

So there's this petition to legalize "online gambling" across all states. Please sign it, so players like me can play in online tournaments! <3 

I will happily help with this petition.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Boyd gaming lobbies the local government to keep all forms of gambling illegal because they make a TON of money flying all the locals out to Vegas and setting up all the Vegas packages. If gambling were to become legal they would lose a lot of money. When the government says the people don't want gambling what they really mean is they were promised a bunch of money for their campaigns if they keep it illegal.

I just wanna be able to play in online tournaments man lol.  :blush:

You can play in online tournaments. If notice Hawaii is not excluded from the 500k. Gaming tournaments are not considered gambling. Plus entrance is free to enter so yeah...

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can play in online tournaments. If notice Hawaii is not excluded from the 500k. Gaming tournaments are not considered gambling. Plus entrance is free to enter so yeah...

Yeah you can play in them... But you can't make any money off them I think.  :blush:  Did you sign it though?

• Downvote (-1) 2

Just sign up and play anyways, you aren't going to go to jail because you won a halo tournament

LATE. But, sites don't allow you to register or earn money from them... You can't sign up, that's the point.  :blush:

• Downvote (-1) 2

LATE. But, sites don't allow you to register or earn money from them... You can't sign up, that's the point.  :blush:

Yes you can.  It's not gambling for one when its an online video game its more like a sport and two when you don't put any money up.  Even if you put money up its not gambling.  PC Gamerz had a halo tourney with an entrance fee and it wasn't illegal.  They have regular CoD tourneys with entry fees and are not illegal.  There was a guy here who won an online poker tournament for big bucks and the state wasn't going to allow him to collect his winnings until they found out he won entry into the tournament through a small, free, online qualifier so in essence he didn't pay any money upfront so he didn't really gamble anything.  They let him keep the money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes you can.  It's not gambling for one when its an online video game its more like a sport and two when you don't put any money up.  Even if you put money up its not gambling.  PC Gamerz had a halo tourney with an entrance fee and it wasn't illegal.  They have regular CoD tourneys with entry fees and are not illegal.  There was a guy here who won an online poker tournament for big bucks and the state wasn't going to allow him to collect his winnings until they found out he won entry into the tournament through a small, free, online qualifier so in essence he didn't pay any money upfront so he didn't really gamble anything.  They let him keep the money.

With sites like Gamebattles you have to buy and enter "credits". You can't play in/enter Gamebattles online tourneys, and also in the new 500k Halo 4 tournament, people from those states aren't eligible to get anything. Read the rules. It's dumb and it sucks because Americans should be able to spend their money how they please. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about -_-. I wouldn't be here basically complaining if I knew I was allowed to play and earn money from online tournaments.

• Downvote (-1) 2

This petition online really will bring notice to lobbyists....

Write your congressman a letter. Don't sign a dumbass petition.

• Downvote (-1) 1

OK so having done it before means I don't know what I'm talking about.  KK thx.

You DON'T have any idea on what you're talking about, I'm from Connecticut and I KNOW I can't play Gamebattles tournaments and win money from them, I KNOW I can't actually win anything from the Halo 4 500K event online, why? Because I'm from Connecticut. I KNOW what I'm talking about.

https://twitter.com/HiiImSwift/status/352910360690425856/photo/1

What does this say? Oh.

Where are these rules from? The Halo 4 Global Championship rules.

Now look at this from Gamebattles. 

https://twitter.com/HiiImSwift/status/352911441801658371/photo/1

It says that under all the Gamebattles tournament prizes sections. People from those states can't win anything.

So please show me where you made money off an online tournament recently, from a legitimate well known professional website, while LIVING and PLAYING in one of the states that are listed in one of the photos as well as Hawaii. They must have paid you illegally. I just gave you proof that I can't play in online tournaments while living in Connecticut and earn money from them either unless I obviously go to a lesser-known company who doesn't actually care about laws and etc. Which I salute them for because I'd love to play in them, but as far as I know, there is none. Because it's illegal. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Should have said you were in CT earlier I thought you were in Hawaii.  Sucks to be you noob.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Should have said you were in CT earlier I thought you were in Hawaii.  Sucks to be you noob.

I wouldn't have been complaining this whole time if I didn't live in one of those states... Don't you feel foolish. Keep derepping me kid. Good debate. Cya later. GG. 

Btw, I won. :)

Stay  :gassed:  B)

• Downvote (-1) 2