Sign in to follow this  
Given To Fly

What Warzone Should Have Been

This is my concept for a new game mode for Halo.

It would offer an experience similar to Destiny's Raid system.

3 fire teams of 4, fighting to regroup. It is a combination of points from Warzone, Firefight, and Spartan Ops

It would use the same exact REQ system in place for current Warzone, and in no way is meant to replace the current game type.

It could be an added PvE mode variant of Warzone, similar to how we have Warzone Assault, this could be Warzone Invasion or something of the sort.

Let me know what you think, feel free to play with the idea, criticize, what have you.

UPDATE: I was given the idea from someone else via Youtube, that the bosses could stack, so instead of boss to boss battles, failing to defeat yours in time, another comes making it even more challenging. Same goes for the final boss. Mini bosses coming into the fight against the scarab, or choppers with the chieftain. This would increase the challenge and actually give a respective name "Warzone" because so much is happening at once. It could get out of hand very quickly if not dealt with.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Fire teams of three. Spawning ala invasion with their fire team. One fire team spawns in the back with falcon or other air support to help their team. Another fire team has high view and controls a group of AIs and are in charge of OD.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warzone should've literally just been a first person Halo Wars gametype. Friendly AI Marines and ODST's that will hop into vehicles with you and more enemy AI that will actually attack Objectives and make it a neutral capture point again. I also would like to see the 12 players on each team split into 3 or 4 man squads like in battlefield so you can spawn on your team. The better your squad does the better reinforcements your squad get's. Like a squad of ODST's that you can command or something. Idk I just feel like Warzone could be so much more than it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is my concept for a new game mode for Halo.

It would offer an experience similar to Destiny's Raid system.

3 fire teams of 4, fighting to regroup. It is a combination of points from Warzone, Firefight, and Spartan Ops

It would use the same exact REQ system in place for current Warzone, and in no way is meant to replace the current game type.

Let me know what you think, feel free to play with the idea, criticize, what have you.

UPDATE: I was given the idea from someone else via Youtube, that the bosses could stack, so instead of boss to boss battles, failing to defeat yours in time, another comes making it even more challenging. Same goes for the final boss. Mini bosses coming into the fight against the scarab, or choppers with the chieftain. This would increase the challenge and actually give a respective name "Warzone" because so much is happening at once. It could get out of hand very quickly if not dealt with.

This is actually a really interesting idea. WAAAAY better than the stale thing we have now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Warzone should've literally just been a first person Halo Wars gametype. Friendly AI Marines and ODST's that will hop into vehicles with you and more enemy AI that will actually attack Objectives and make it a neutral capture point again. I also would like to see the 12 players on each team split into 3 or 4 man squads like in battlefield so you can spawn on your team. The better your squad does the better reinforcements your squad get's. Like a squad of ODST's that you can command or something. Idk I just feel like Warzone could be so much more than it is.

I thought that's what it actually was going to be when I first heard about it, but alas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like Warzone just the way it is.

I understand many people do in fact love it the way it is, and my intention was not to get it replaced. This is simply what I expected when it was announced, and think it would be a fantastic addition to the game, considering it can work with the same assets we have now.

I thought that's what it actually was going to be when I first heard about it, but alas.

As did I. It's not that I'm against Warzone in its current form, but I just think there is a missed opportunity.

Why aren't you a 343 employee?

@@Sal1ent needs to see this.

That would be a dream come true. I appreciate the support!

warzone being bad because of the spawn points of the bosses isnt really a good argumentation mostly since they are not as bad as you describe them to be

pretty sure at least half if not more bosses spawn outside of 10on10 areas, eg the big bosses snow map guardian, jungle map wraith and phaeton, desert map guardian and banshee, all spawn like on the farest non-10on10 point possible on the map to spread out the players

also most mini-bosses dont spawn in 10on10 areas, pretty sure the number of overall bosses to spawn in 10on10 areas is more like 30% so rather low

your idea with the 24 vs 1 AI sounds nice though, but reminds me too much of destiny

i dont think halo would be doing good in spreading its gameplay into PvP and true PvE, the needed work to programm just that single (true) PvE mode would be huge and tighten the already very tiny development timeframe even more

halo 5 already showed very well how a new gamemode like warzone causes major problems in the programming cycle forcing the devs to cut out forge, BTB, social playlists and other features for launch since they just havent had the time to programm it all

now imagine how it will look like going for an entirely new gameplay experience such as PvE, i highly doubt the overall quality game would benefit from it

on the other side imagine how polished halo 5 could be if 343i had left out warzone and spent the programming time on the base game itself

to add into your idea id maybe put up some stronger incentive to play that playlist

the way you described it such a gamemode would probably run for a good 20-30 minutes requireing lots of teamplay

a guaranteed req-pack as a reward for winning the game with eg one guaranteed ultra rare or rare in it could attrackt players outside of REQ points and EXP points that you normally get for just idling in the game

overall though i like how warzone plays, id prefer it with 0 AI since AI in PvP multiplayer just sucks and is hard to ballance but thats where warzone assault comes into play, imo the successor of BTB since halo 5 BTB just isnt playable at all compared to previous halo BTBs

That's because you always play as a 12 man squad and pubstomp kids all day. If you played it solo all the time you would see the problems.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1.) warzone being bad because of the spawn points of the bosses isnt really a good argumentation mostly since they are not as bad as you describe them to be

pretty sure at least half if not more bosses spawn outside of 10on10 areas, eg the big bosses snow map guardian, jungle map wraith and phaeton, desert map guardian and banshee, all spawn like on the farest non-10on10 point possible on the map to spread out the players

also most mini-bosses dont spawn in 10on10 areas, pretty sure the number of overall bosses to spawn in 10on10 areas is more like 30% so rather low

2.) to add into your idea id maybe put up some stronger incentive to play that playlist

the way you described it such a gamemode would probably run for a good 20-30 minutes requireing lots of teamplay

a guaranteed req-pack as a reward for winning the game with eg one guaranteed ultra rare or rare in it could attrackt players outside of REQ points and EXP points that you normally get for just idling in the game

1.) The problem isn't where they spawn, the 10x10 area is symbolic meaning they stay where they spawn. Some people like it, some don't.

2.) Maybe around 2,500-3,000 req points per game and a guaranteed silver or gold to the one who assassinates the boss?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's because you always play as a 12 man squad and pubstomp kids all day. If you played it solo all the time you would see the problems.

No I actually enjoy Warzone, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't have 1,000+ games clocked in the playlist.

And if you have a problem with the playlist when you're searching solo then don't search solo.

No I actually enjoy Warzone, if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't have 1,000+ games clocked in the playlist.

And if you have a problem with the playlist when you're searching solo then don't search solo.

Lol I would clock in 1000 games+ too if I had a 12 man squad that played halo for 5+ hours a day. Your experience is solely based on being at the top end of the game mode. He is talking about making it better for more people because a majority of players aren't doing what you do.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lol I would clock in 1000 games+ too if I had a 12 man squad that played halo for 5+ hours a day. Your experience is solely based on being at the top end of the game mode. He is talking about making it better for more people because a majority of players aren't doing what you do.

I thought he was talking about making it far more interesting to play. Regardless he thought out the psychological aspects of team play far more than anything I have seen in halo except maybe invasion, but perhaps more so than invasion.

Now watch 343 rip his idea and claim it as their original and part of their sustain program. I think he should be put in charge of warzone to be honest. I wouldn't hesitate if I were @@Sal1ent, because God knows they need top tier novel ideas asap.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought he was talking about making it far more interesting to play. Regardless he thought out the psychological aspects of team play far more than anything I have seen in halo except maybe invasion, but perhaps more so than invasion.

Now watch 343 rip his idea and claim it as their original and part of their sustain program. I think he should be put in charge of warzone to be honest. I wouldn't hesitate if I were @@Sal1ent, because God knows they need top tier novel ideas asap.

It really seems like he put more thought into his idea (that might never be applied) than 343 did and they can actually make whatever they want. I hope they take some ideas from this video and apply them because there is no way this game will last anywhere near 3 years.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was enjoying his ideas. Then he said flood and I thought, that's variety. Then he said containment. That sent me over the edge. That concept demonstrated true imagination of what is possible. It shows how flexible warzone could be.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's absolutely fine.

This mode wouldn't replace Warzone, rather be an addition, similar to how we have Warzone Assault. The mock name I came up with is Warzone: Invasion.

It being an addition to H5 would mean we have 3 specific modes of Warzone; PvEvP / PvP / PvE

It could use many assets we already have, expand the game, and offer a different experience. You wouldn't lose a thing, except maybe a few REQ cards while playing ;)

I think they said they are looking into a PvE warzone variant, so maybe they will take some inspiration from OP's video.

Just don't get your hopes up, it will probably be the lowest amount of effort possible just like BTB, Theater and spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya pretty much anything can be fun if you're in a full party shooting fish in a barrel.

Look at the popularity of destiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya pretty much anything can be fun if you're in a full party shooting fish in a barrel.

Look at the popularity of destiny.

Pubstomping has always been more popular than close competitive games. That's why CoD is so loved and that's why Halo 3 social playlists were more popular than ranked. It really sucks for people that play social to learn the game, just to get stomped by a full team that's too scared to play against real players.