EagleBurn

Your Game of the Year and Most Anticipated Game of 2016?

My GOTY would have to be Batman Arkham Knight. I felt satisfied with the ending to a great series of games. Played through the Batgirl DLC, need to play the other story based DLCs they have.

Most anticipated right now would have to be Mafia 3. Living in Louisiana I'm excited to see how their interpretation of New Orleans in that era is.

No Man's Sky should be everyone's number 1 tho

That game is going to take video games to the next level. Plus VR is being worked on. I'm not big on VR, but imagine

Most anticipated right now would have to be Mafia 3. Living in Louisiana I'm excited to see how their interpretation of New Orleans in that era is.

From and live in New Orleans and I'm excited for it too. It was also recently announced that the second season of American Crime Story will be about the Louisiana politics of post-Katrina. And rumors are that Obsidian's next Fallout game will either be in LA or New Orleans. Louisiana is coming back!

No Man's Sky should be everyone's number 1 tho

That game is going to take video games to the next level. Plus VR is being worked on. I'm not big on VR, but imagine

I still have my doubts on longevity. It has a fantastic concept but there doesn't seem much variety and that can get old quickly. I'll likely buy the game at launch but I don't see myself playing it months after.

From and live in New Orleans and I'm excited for it too. It was also recently announced that the second season of American Crime Story will be about the Louisiana politics of post-Katrina. And rumors are that Obsidian's next Fallout game will either be in LA or New Orleans. Louisiana is coming back!

I still have my doubts on longevity. It has a fantastic concept but there doesn't seem much variety and that can get old quickly. I'll likely buy the game at launch but I don't see myself playing it months after.

People still play mine craft. People play terrarai. I can see people playing this for a long time.

I probably agree and that they do need to add some more stuff. Like building your own ship, find material to make new items/weapons. But right now all I care about is being able to explore this gigantic universe. The fact that a game that big is going to exist

People still play mine craft. People play terrarai. I can see people playing this for a long time.

I probably agree and that they do need to add some more stuff. Like building your own ship, find material to make new items/weapons. But right now all I care about is being able to explore this gigantic universe. The fact that a game that big is going to exist

You can build in Minecraft and Terrarria, which is the largest appeal of those games. You can explore a 1:1 replica of the Milky Way in Elite: Dangerous with impressive graphics and that game has a lot of smuggling, ship building/upgrading, and factions in the game and people still consider it very flat. Exploring gets old after a while, it always does. I'm still excited for NMS and it'll be fun, but they definitely need to add more depth beyond finding planets and species.

You can build in Minecraft and Terrarria, which is the largest appeal of those games. You can explore a 1:1 replica of the Milky Way in Elite: Dangerous with impressive graphics and that game has a lot of smuggling, ship building/upgrading, and factions in the game and people still consider it very flat. Exploring gets old after a while, it always does. I'm still excited for NMS and it'll be fun, but they definitely need to add more depth beyond finding planets and species.

You can't explore/ land on planets tho can you? So it's just a big space of space?

GOTY: Pokemon ORAS

Released in nov 2014, Im counting it as 2015..  I didnt play a pile of games this year. But this was my most enjoyable, the feels..

Most looking forward to - Battlefield.

Im longing for a new gen game that is just a normal, good FPS. BO3, destiny, Halo. Sprint, thrusters, slides etc. Its all futuristic. I like it, but I need variety. Im hyped to be able to hold an M16 and place some claymores (presuming there in it)

GOTY: Pokemon ORAS

Released in nov 2014, Im counting it as 2015.. I didnt play a pile of games this year. But this was my most enjoyable, the feels..

Most looking forward to - Battlefield.

Im longing for a new gen game that is just a normal, good FPS. BO3, destiny, Halo. Sprint, thrusters, slides etc. Its all futuristic. I like it, but I need variety. Im hyped to be able to hold an M16 and place some claymores (presuming there in it)

Lol "I need variety" they've been making the same game over and over again for the past decade(including CoD)

Lol "I need variety" they've been making the same game over and over again for the past decade(including CoD)

And now Cod, Halo, Destiny have created 3 games which are not to dissimilar.

Other than battlefield, what modern shooter is there for console ? Thats the variety I need.

And now Cod, Halo, Destiny have created 3 games which are not to dissimilar.

Other than battlefield, what modern shooter is there for console ? Thats the variety I need.

I'm saying it's been the same game for years. CoD are similar and have been copy and pastes for years. Not really variety.

I understand the context just wouldn't call they variety.

You can always play CS:GO

I'm saying it's been the same game for years. CoD are similar and have been copy and pastes for years. Not really variety.

I understand the context just wouldn't call they variety.

You can always play CS:GO

COD has taken the exact same road as Halo. They had a game, turned it on its head.

COD was a standard, real life first person shooter.

Now look at it, wall running, double jumps, thrusters, robots, special armour abilities.

Its literally the opposite to what COD4 was. Which is the kind of game I want. Hence Im looking forward to battlefield 5

The door is currently WIDE open for a good modern shooter like CoD4 or a WW2 game. If they pulled the gameplay off they'd steal players from the newer CoDs and Battlefields in a heart beat. The only thing you hear from the communities of Halo, Battlefield and CoD are how shit the newer versions are compared to the older ones these days. Its time for something new hopefully or someone to wise up and return to their roots.

COD has taken the exact same road as Halo. They had a game, turned it on its head.

COD was a standard, real life first person shooter.

Now look at it, wall running, double jumps, thrusters, robots, special armour abilities.

Its literally the opposite to what COD4 was. Which is the kind of game I want. Hence Im looking forward to battlefield 5

At this point it's kind of just opinion based. I'm tired of seeing the modern shooters. They don't change anything about them. There's room for them, but when they come out every year. 

I know what you're saying tho. But did you not enjoy Hardline? 

At this point it's kind of just opinion based. I'm tired of seeing the modern shooters. They don't change anything about them. There's room for them, but when they come out every year. 

I know what you're saying tho. But did you not enjoy Hardline? 

The Battlefield community soundly rejected hardline, especially on PC, and continues to play BF4 instead to this day.

As of 1/6

BF4 combined population across all platforms - 76,625 - PC - 25,116

Hardline combined population across all plats - 14,444 - PC - 1615

The Battlefield community soundly rejected hardline, especially on PC, and continues to play BF4 instead to this day.

As of 1/6

Yeah it was literally BF4 with a $60 texture pack. I don't know anyone that bought that game after playing the beta. If BF5 brings back the teamwork mechanics we had in BF2 or at very least the destruction from BC2, it would probably be my main games for years.

And I don't think they're going to make a 1944 anytime soon. Just like CoD, DICE has dug the BF series into a hole with all the weapon attachments and whatnot. If they make a WWII game, they would have to cut a shit ton of features from BF4.

As of 1/6

What was wrong with it other than it was pretty much BF4 with new game modes? 

What was wrong with it other than it was pretty much BF4 with new game modes? 

Very poor balancing, maps and unlock systems from what I hear. Complaints are also made about the single player being garbage but I don't even think BF needs to have a single player as they're usually pretty lackluster.

Gonna cheat a bit and have two for each.

Games of the year  - 

Until Dawn (PS4)

Life is Strange (PC/ XB1/ PS4)

Most anticipated - 

Quantum Break (XB1)

Outlast 2 (PC/ XB1/ PS4)

Gonna cheat a bit and have two for each.

Games of the year -

Until Dawn (PS4)

Life is Strange (PC/ XB1/ PS4)

Most anticipated -

Quantum Break (XB1)

Outlast 2 (PC/ XB1/ PS4)

Picked up Life is Strange Limited Edition a few days ago. The more I play it the higher it climbs on my goty list for 2015. A bit through episode 3 and I'm really enjoying it

Picked up Life is Strange Limited Edition a few days ago. The more I play it the higher it climbs on my goty list for 2015. A bit through episode 3 and I'm really enjoying it

Awesome! Yeah, very few seem to know about it, or just assume it's like a Telltale game. I had one of my good friends get it recently and he's obsessed with it. Glad you are liking it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Game of the Year 2015:  Life is Strange.  
- Great storyline, one of the few games that had me emotionally invested in the characters.  Secondly, the music in the game was some of the best I've heard (Foals FTW)

Most Anticipated 2016:
Unreal Tournament and Uncharted 4

• Upvote (+1) 1